• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Carbink?But it's so dull...I don't see Ash getting one.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
At least Carbink is a fairy, so it would offer something unique.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I don't remember the Carbink being so dull in the Diancie movie.

It's design is the main thing that is dull, which obviously is just opinion. It's just that it's another rock pokemon that is just that, a rock with a face. Obviously they can still give it some personality and stuff, but I would rather have phantump over this thing and I was never even on the phantump bandwagon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can't wait for the day he gets a feline Pokemon to show that their aren't set patterns in the captures

Same.....it's just silly to say. He can't have Meowth for obvious reasons and Skitty/Glameow were taken by important characters(Not to mention feminine looking cats). Purrloin couldn't happen due to Krookidile and Scraggy, along with being a main Plasma mon. And Espurr/Litleo just didn't happen.

Oh how I hope the fire starter really is a tiger next gen just to get rid of this silly saying.....

nickdt

Same.....it's just silly to say. He can't have Meowth for obvious reasons and Skitty/Glameow were taken by important characters(Not to mention feminine looking cats). Purrloin couldn't happen due to Krookidile and Scraggy, along with being a main Plasma mon. And Espurr/Litleo just didn't happen.

Oh how I hope the fire starter really is a tiger next gen just to get rid of this silly saying.....

Well, or Ash doesn't get the Fire Starter if its a Tiger.

DavidD001

I'm hoping that next region...Ash does get the Fire starter at minimum. I dont wanna see the Fire starter going to the new companion this time; let Ash have it .
If Serena goes with Ash to the next region then she could get the Water starter kinda like how May got Bulbasaur & Squirtle then Ash could get the Fire & Grass starters.

RealRaymon

Good series at last!
Still not sure if Serena will go to the next region with Ash. I really, REALLY want it, but won't she call that lady and ask her to teach her how to be a performer once league for Ash is over? Unless...it will turn out how I predict. Ash beats shota in the league finals, and there is a champion's league, which while he is challenging, Serena will train with Yashio.

Ilikepiex7

Still not sure if Serena will go to the next region with Ash. I really, REALLY want it, but won't she call that lady and ask her to teach her how to be a performer once league for Ash is over? Unless...it will turn out how I predict. Ash beats shota in the league finals, and there is a champion's league, which while he is challenging, Serena will train with Yashio.

Sun and moon games are going our this year Ash doesn't have time for the champion league so he has to lose in the league since they need to get Ash to the Sun and Moon region by the time the games come out.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The obvious reasons for Ash not catching Espurr nor Litleo is because they're feline-like Pokémons.

I don't think them being cats has anything to do with him not catching them. In Litleo's case specifically, Ash wouldn't have benefited much from a second fire type any ways. So that might be why he didn't catch one.

ShadowForce720

In regards to what whether or not Serena will travel through the next region with Ash, if the writers plan on having Serena travel to the next region with Ash then they could easily have Serena decline the offer saying that she appreciates the offer but she wants to still travel in that it will help her come up with new ideas and meet new pokemon and friends or something like that, heck Yashio could even be the one that winds up suggesting that Serena travels to the next region, who knows maybe Yashio tells Serena about the 7th gen region and suggest she travels there and then Serena tells Ash about it and that winds up being how Ash finds out about the 7th gen region.

Either way will just have to wait and see what happens.

I don't think them being cats has anything to do with him not catching them. In Litleo's case specifically, Ash wouldn't have benefited much from a second fire type any ways. So that might be why he didn't catch one.

Agreed.

Last edited:

Phillip12

Philuxio
So now we moved to the successor generation of XY?
And the people are also speaking that Ash don't catch feline pokemon or even canine, either another rodent besides Pikachu, (surely Raticate doesn't count), I agree with that, just because of the historic generations, and because the pattern-breaker-queen-generation XY couldn't even break that pattern of Ash catch those types of Pokemon.
About the successor generation of XY, and about Ash's captures, I think that he will caught 2 starters just because the historic too:
AG- Caught Treecko
DP- Caught Turtwig and Chimchar
So...
XY - Caught Froakie
SM- Maybe catches the water and fire starters, but grass type, could be like Buizel in Dp, or Skiddo in XY (if he had caught Skiddo).
But about Sun and Moon I'm not very excited about, just because I know that they broke some traditional patterns in XY that I liked so... Then in Sm Ash could not catch the grass type again, or not catch the water, fire, or regional bird, once they began break patterns after 5 generations. so in 7th generation more others patterns can be broken, and another reason why it's because I don't think the anime of S&M could be better than XY (even XY with no grass type). I really think XY is the 2th best generation after Dp, however what I want it's that Sun and Moon surprises me, like XY surprised me after the mess that was 5th generation.
What we learned in XY? Don't count on traditions or patterns.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Maybe there will be a new change to one of the main cast's Pokemon soon.

[IMG139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChPaklsUYAATEuQ.jpg[/IMG139]

kickachu

Momentai!
what do you think the change is goodra's return, capture, clemont or serena getting an evolution and how do we know it's real?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Maybe there will be a new change to one of the main cast's Pokemon soon.

[IMG139]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChPaklsUYAATEuQ.jpg[/IMG139]

Meh, unless Charizard or Sceptile come back, idk what change can happen for Ash. His Kalos pokes are fully evolved and it's pretty clear they are just gonna bring Goodra back prior to the league at this point.

ShadowForce720

what do you think the change is goodra's return, capture, clemont or serena getting an evolution and how do we know it's real?

As to what I think the team change I think it's either Ash's 6th capture or if Goodra is returning to the team earlier then expected then it could be Goodra, now here's the reason why I think it's relating to a team change for Ash if you look in the picture at the smaller of the 2 moniter you can see on the small moniter a scene from the opening and the scene it's showing from the opening is right when it has zoomed in on Ash right after it shows all of his pokemon, so I think this could be an indication that Ash is going to have a team change and since we know that all of his pokemon are evolved right now with the exception of Pikachu(for obvious reasons) and I highly doubt Pikachu is going to evolve anytime soon especially since we can see part of it's body on his shoulder so that leave 2 options and they are the following:

1. It's Ash's 6th capture and by this I mean it reveals that he has caught another pokemon.
2. Goodra returns earlier then expected.

Now I'm not sure if it's also trying to hide some other team changes, so if there is more then one team change on there then it is possible that Jessie, James, Serena, or Clemont could either get a new capture or one of there pokemon winds up evolving. Now if there winds up being only team change it's showing here then I'm pretty sure it's going to be a team change for Ash.

As for how we know it's real? well this isn't the first time we've had a leak like this remember we did have a case where they have leaked the script before that were hinting at team changes. Also it looks like whoever took this photo is responsible for controlling and putting the sound in the opening.

Meh, unless Charizard or Sceptile come back, idk what change can happen for Ash. His Kalos pokes are fully evolved and it's pretty clear they are just gonna bring Goodra back prior to the league at this point.

Well unless Goodra comes back earlier then expected, then the other option would be that it means that Ash is getting a 6th capture.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.