• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Tbh, it's actually a really good thing that Ash doesn't capture anything new. His current pokemon(plus Goodra) really need as many battles as they can get.

While Pikachu and Greninja have more then enough, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern, and Goodra all need multiple wins to make there battle records look decent.

I just want one full battle round where he rests his Kalos team, and brings back reserves.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
^ That's arguable. But even if true and with quick healing, grinding through an entire league with the same team is difficult. More importantly, I want some continuity to earlier series, and have some old-timers earn some glory (Torterra). It would be a breath of fresh air.
Considering Kalos was the region where older Generation Pokemon were the main selling point, thanks largely in part to Mega Evolution

dp045

^ That's arguable. But even if true and with quick healing, grinding through an entire league with the same team is difficult. More importantly, I want some continuity to earlier series, and have some old-timers earn some glory (Torterra). It would be a breath of fresh air.

Now that you mention it, it is interesting that after a very difficult battle 6vs6 (against Sawyer) Ash decided to call some of his Pokémon to Professor Oak to replace the injured in the next battle (against Alain perhaps?). Seriously, I would like to use a team Ash formed with a representative from each region, but are the strongest. Pikachu, Heracross, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile and Greninja believe to be the best team in Ash fulfilling those conditions.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash's team:
Pikachu - same unless it learns Wild Charge.
Greninja - Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Dig and Water Shuriken
Talonflame - Brave Bird, Flamethrower, Solar Beam and Razor Wind.
Hawlucha - Flying Press, Bounce, X-Scissor and High Jump Kick.
Noivern - Steel Wing, Dragon Claw, Acrobatics and Boom Burst.
Carbink - Moon Blast, Stone Edge, Gyro Ball and Tackle. (Either a Carbink or a reserve from Oak's lab.

JudySpell

Banned
Seriously, I would like to use a team Ash formed with a representative from each region, but are the strongest. Pikachu, Heracross, Sceptile, Infernape, Krookodile and Greninja believe to be the best team in Ash fulfilling those conditions.

One of those Pokemon isn't like the others.

dp045

One of those Pokemon isn't like the others.

Why? I think Heracross is the strongest pokemon of those caught in Jhoto and although the rest (except perhaps for Donphan) were not exactly "strong" Heracross proved to be the most useful in the important battles, not counting against Darkrai Tobias .

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It was diferent. Ash's reserves had time to do something with the BF, so, I didn't mind at all if the Houenn team get the league. I wish they'd do something like a multiregional competition way back to showcase more of Ash's old ones, but it's too late for that.

nickdt

I just want Ash to use his reserves, but i wouldn't mind if his reserves used in the Sinnoh league, don't get any screentime. The ones needing it the most are Glalie, Johto starters (Minus Quilava), Kingler, Muk, Torterra and the Unova team. I also hope Tauros gets used, but that is not my first choice, since it got used in the BF and took down a Psuedo (Even Snorlax has to do that yet).

Red and Blue

So is it too late for an Articuno episode? Seems strange to include two of the trio but not Articuno

ShadowForce720

So is it too late for an Articuno episode? Seems strange to include two of the trio but not Articuno

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they'll fit in it in somehow, although it's either going to be after the league or if the league gets interrupted by Team Flare and postponed then it will probably happen before the league resumes. At first when we got the Moltres episode and they showed that Trevor already had pictures of Zapdos and Articuno, I thought that the pictures of them meant that we wouldn't see them in there own episodes, however this was proven wrong when about 25 or 24 episodes after the Moltres episode aired a episode focus on Zapdos aired, so considering they bothered to give Zapdos it's own episode, I'm pretty sure Articuno will get an episode for itself.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Maybe Articuno could belong to a league opponent. That way Ash could use Hawlucha to defeat it.

ShadowForce720

Maybe Articuno could belong to a league opponent. That way Ash could use Hawlucha to defeat it.

While that would be interesting, considering the fact that Moltres and Zapdos were used to developed 2 of Ash's pokemon and evolve them, I wouldn't be that surprised if Articuno is used to developed one of Ash's pokemon which there is 3 possibilities for that and here they are:

1. We get an episode where Hawlucha battles Articuno and winds up learning a new move.
2. A 6th capture winds up getting caught and then we wind up getting an episode where the 6th capture winds up evolving in a battle against Articuno.
3. A 6th capture winds up getting caught and then we wind up getting an episode where the 6th capture winds up learning a new move in a battle against Articuno.

Now the thing is in order for Hawlucha to show off a new move that it learned in a battle against Articuno at the league, or for the 6th capture to learn a new move or evolve in a battle against Articuno and then use that in the league it would mean that Team Flare would have to interrupt the league and for the league to get postponed. I mean unless we get one of those 3 situations in a battle in the league however that would mean we would be having a situation where a pokemon winds up evolving or learning a new move during a league match.

The thing is I'm not sure if the writers would really want to have Articuno show up at the league, although at the same time I'm not sure why they would give a new move to Hawlucha, or a 6th capture or have the 6th capture evolve after the league is already over, sure it could happen but I'm not sure it will. Although whether Articuno is used to developed a 6th capture or Hawlucha, it seems like it would work out better if the league were to get interrupted by Team Flare and then postponed for 1-3 months thus allowing for a situation where Hawlucha or the 6th capture can use the new move they learned in their battle against Articuno at the league or for the 6th capture if it winds up evolving against Articuno to be able to be at it's peak when it battles in the league.

Obviously if by the time Articuno shows up if the only team change that happened was that Goodra return to the team then I would expect Hawlucha to be the one to battle Articuno and for the episode to be used to developed Hawlucha and for it to learn a new move, now if however Ash winds up getting a new capture then Articuno will probably be used to developed that pokemon.

Oh and If Team Flare does wind up interrupting the league then I'm guess it will probably happen in late July or in August.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't care where he goes after the League but it's not as though he's played a huge part ever since he left. All he's done from that point til now is make a cameo during Master Class.

I dunno, I think the place he ends up at is kind of important cuz if he goes to Oak's lab then at least his chances of appearing in the future would increase slightly I think since Ash would be able to recall him more easily via Oak instead of contacting the caretaker at the swamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.