• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The climatic battle is almost assured to have Ash Greninja vs Mega Charizard X be the last ones standing. This is what Alain is fighting for, to be the best Mega-Evolution trainer there is. If Mega Charizard X loses, the loss would tell him he has a lot to learn of being the best.

I agree. Losing here would definitely help Alain to develop his character.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
Honestly, I don't see Team Flare interrupting the Alain/Ash throw down in any way.

Likewise, I am 95% positive Ash will beat Alain in a fair, uninterrupted fight.

At this point, we just need to think about it from the writers perspectives: they want the highest possible ratings, and viewer satisfaction so they can keep everyone hooked for the next season. With that being said, their goal would be to ultimately hype the final round up as much as possible, and to NOT piss everyone off so they stop watching.

So, I want to safely conclude that the following infuriating scenarios most likely won't happen (in order from most to least infuriating):

-Ash-Greninja is about to get the knockout win on Zard X and win, but Team Flare interrupts (seriously, imagine the backlash if that happened!)

-Ash collapses from exhaustion from Ash-Greninja phase during the fight and Alain ultimately wins. Later, during Flare confrontation, Ash gets his "retribution match" and "wins" (this may be worse than the first one; it wouldn't be revenge, it would be rubbing salt on a festering wound)

-Alain wins in a straight up uninterrupted fight. I personally don't think Alain will win the league; to me it makes ABSOLUELY ZERO SENSE from both a plot and marketing standpoint. First off, as others have already stated, Alain would get zero development by winning, this inflating his already big ego that he is the "strongest mega evolution trainer alive" and that he is "able to protect the person he loves" (or whatever it is). Furthermore, from the marketing standpoint, Ash will have a grand total of TWO FULL LEAUGE BATTLES! People are already mad about that, and it makes no sense for that to be the case, UNLESS THEY HAVE MORE BATTLES PLANNED AFTER THE LEAUGE! But what battles you ask? Well, IF ASH WON the Kalos leauge, it's highly possible he would challenge the Elite Four/Diantha, thus devoting more episodes to the leauge, which would make sense.

So, case in point after my long rant, I think Ash will win the Kalos Leauge in a fair uninterrupted battle, and would most likely fight for/become the Champion. After that, I'm not sure. I would guess he would have to stay in Kalos to defend his title (believe Diantha once said that was required at some point) so I could see a totally new main character for Su/Mo anime.

Anyways, if you followed me this far, what do you all think about my theory? It's just me recording my rambling thoughts on this.

Red and Blue

So, will Goodra be with Ash during the Team Flare arc or will he be taken back to the swamp by the caretaker?

With him during during Flare arc obviously. Not like the caretaker would be able to take GOODRA back to the swamp between Flare interrupting and being defeated

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
With him during during Flare arc obviously. Not like the caretaker would be able to take GOODRA back to the swamp between Flare interrupting and being defeated

But the bigger question is what's going to happen to Goodra after the TF arc and when its time for Ash to leave for Pallet Town. Also on that note what will happen to Inkay and Gougeist when TR goes back too?

Shraeder

It's Lit
Well to be fair we knew the episode would be crowded with events before it even aired, so Trevor being swept was my expectation sadly. I'm just glad that Trevor owned an Aerodactyl, tho too bad it didn't mega evolve. The hints of Ash using Goodra soon against Sawyer make up for that disappointment tho. :]

Yea I knew he would be swept, but I thought they'd show off Mega Charizard Y a bit more and not have it get one shot by Flamethrower lol.

Just realized how bad my grammar was on the other post, sorry xD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
But the bigger question is what's going to happen to Goodra after the TF arc and when its time for Ash to leave for Pallet Town. Also on that note what will happen to Inkay and Gougeist when TR goes back too?

Hopefully Goodra goes to Oak's. I don't want him stuck here, at least we'll SEE him at the lab when Ash goes back. And I want to see Gible interact with Ash's two new Dragons.

And Inkay/Gourgeist need to stay with the TRio. They only had two Pokemon the entire saga, and there was no need for them to come into Kalos with nothing except Wobbufet. I'm sick of them being stuck with one each the entire saga, and Team Rocket actually bonded with them unlike the BW drones they gave to Giovanni

Abzu

Well I think Goodra may stay with Ash, after all his swamp seems to be very well protected now so it can be done... or this is to give Goodra a last time of glory... either way it was nice to have him back.

DatsRight

Hopefully Goodra goes to Oak's. I don't want him stuck here, at least we'll SEE him at the lab when Ash goes back. And I want to see Gible interact with Ash's two new Dragons.

And Inkay/Gourgeist need to stay with the TRio. They only had two Pokemon the entire saga, and there was no need for them to come into Kalos with nothing except Wobbufet. I'm sick of them being stuck with one each the entire saga, and Team Rocket actually bonded with them unlike the BW drones they gave to Giovanni

If Inkay and Gourgeist pulled a DP and stuck around for most of Sun/Moon I'd be rather happy. They're among some of the trio's most likeable Pokemon. It would also mean the trio would likely automatically have a more palpable roster size next series since they'd almost certainly get at least one Alola Pokemon each.

That said I liked how them starting off empty gave them a reason to boost Wobbuffet at the start of the series. He felt much more pivotal and active in XY than he has in any previous series. I'd love it if they brought back another the same way, or even better, gave Meowth a power boost this time round.

Concerning Goodra however, keep in mind all his friends are at the swamplands. It wasn't just a case of needing to stay for protection, Ash knew that was where his ties were. That said, what happened to Charla after Charizard became dormant at Oak's at last?

DannyDiglett

That said I liked how them starting off empty gave them a reason to boost Wobbuffet at the start of the series. He felt much more pivotal and active in XY than he has in any previous series. I'd love it if they brought back another the same way, or even better, gave Meowth a power boost this time round.

That would be nice. Maybe they will give Carnivine and/or Seviper a regular evolution or a mega evolution so they can bring them back.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
For episodes after the league, I see Ash's pokemon learning new moves or his companions evolving one of their pokemon. I don't see a new capture being made since Kalos is nearly ending.

pokefandt

Wow, Ash's team looks beautiful. While on the surface, there's a lot of type overlap with Ash's team, when you think about how each pokemon battles and how different they actually are, I think they are "balanced" in that way. And overall, I think the Kalos team can be one of Ash's strongest teams he's had. So excited for the full battles to see all of them.

No one can say that "Ash doesn't evolve his Pokemon at all!" meme with a straight face anymore after Kalos, that's for sure.

ShadowForce720

Pikachu is not evolved though and Hawlucha has no evolution. But the rest are fully evolved.

I'm pretty sure he's means that no one can say that Ash can't have a fully evolved team where all the pokemon besides Pikachu that could evolve wind up fully evolving. Basically some people though that Ash would always have at least one pokemon besides Pikachu that could evolve, but didn't. For instance if you notice before it was revealed that Noibat was going to evolve into Noivern, some people thought that Noibat wouldn't evolve and when Noibat did evolve some people thought Ash would catch a 6th pokemon that could evolve but didn't, however that didn't happen.

So basically excluding Pikachu, Ash has a fully evolved team where all the pokemon besides Pikachu that could evolve did wind up fully evolving and this along with Ash having 2 Fully evolved Dragon type pokemon, a Psuedo-Legendary pokemon and not having a Grass type pokemon were some of the things that some people said would never happen, but wound up happening anyway.

Basically no one can say now that Ash has to have pokemon besides Pikachu that could evolve but doesn't. So there is a possibility that all of his pokemon beside Pikachu on his Alola region team that can evolve will wind up being fully evolved.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I'd love it if they got to bring back their Sinnoh gang.
But unless the number of new Pokemon is ridiculously small like Kalos, I only want what they have on hand right now going with them. That way they can catch more Pokemon, and let Inkay/Gourgeist get more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.