• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colomb

alright that makes sense,
I was hoping people would comment with that kind of information. So there's usually a week gap between the new season and old season?
and also you said there's usually a gap in september, does that have to do with kids returning to school or anything?
I was hoping for no more gaps at all but I knew that would be difficult.

Yeah there was a week gap between bw and xy during the week the x/y games came out and we've also had breaks during or right before September for the last several years at least so maybe we'll have one more break before xy ends

So this is probably just me overthinking and it is in actuality nothing to do with it, but what if one of Alain's hidden Pokémon is a 7th Gen 'mon? It'd explain why it's being hidden from us, and is great SuMo promo, especially since it's the finals it'd be revealed in. Also, we haven't seen any Gen 7 Pokémon in the Gen 6 Anime besides Magearna, and we usually get at least one (although we didn't in Sinnoh) cameo from a next Gen Pokémon in the anime.

However, it wouldn't explain why he has two being hidden unless he also has a Gen 8 Pokémon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :^o

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
So this is probably just me overthinking and it is in actuality nothing to do with it, but what if one of Alain's hidden Pokémon is a 7th Gen 'mon? It'd explain why it's being hidden from us, and is great SuMo promo, especially since it's the finals it'd be revealed in. Also, we haven't seen any Gen 7 Pokémon in the Gen 6 Anime besides Magearna, and we usually get at least one (although we didn't in Sinnoh) cameo from a next Gen Pokémon in the anime.

However, it wouldn't explain why he has two being hidden unless he also has a Gen 8 Pokémon!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :^o

I could see him with a Vikavolt

Gumball

The funny thing is that James and Jessie will likely have to give up Pumkaboo and Inkay to Giovanni like they did with Woobat, Frisllish, Yamask, and Amoonguss.

They go from 4 gifts to 2.

They should have just gotten two new Pokémon at the start of XY&Z honestly. They should have reworked the Litleo and Phantump fillers and just given Litleo to Jessie and Phantump to James.

I sorta doubt that. They actually formed a relationship with their Pokemon this generation, so I'd think they'd be a lot more hesitant to fork them over, even in a spur of the moment "oh my gosh our jobs are on the line here" sort of thing. With their Unova Pokemon, they weren't really shown interacting aside from battling (aside from Yamask's capture). Which is a darn shame, cuz Frillish looked like it would've done great in showcases, had it made it over to Kalos.

They're probably just gonna take credit for the takedown of the region's resident evil team again. Or maybe just not report to the boss at all lol.

And yeah, they should've at least given James a second 'mon. Phantump would've been cool, but it'd be a second cute and small Pokemon (unless it or Inkay were to evolve...)

ShadowForce720

I sorta doubt that. They actually formed a relationship with their Pokemon this generation, so I'd think they'd be a lot more hesitant to fork them over, even in a spur of the moment "oh my gosh our jobs are on the line here" sort of thing. With their Unova Pokemon, they weren't really shown interacting aside from battling (aside from Yamask's capture). Which is a darn shame, cuz Frillish looked like it would've done great in showcases, had it made it over to Kalos.

They're probably just gonna take credit for the takedown of the region's resident evil team again. Or maybe just not report to the boss at all lol.

And yeah, they should've at least given James a second 'mon. Phantump would've been cool, but it'd be a second cute and small Pokemon (unless it or Inkay were to evolve...)

Also when you look at it if they had brought their Unova Pokémon with them and then wind up basically having a team of Yamask, Amoongus, Inkay, Frillish, Woobat, Yamask, Wobbuffet, and Gourgeist then they probably would have been able to repel Team Flare off and stop them from taking Bluni-chan until Alain winds up intervening and then Bluni-chan probably would have been capture by Team Flare.

Red and Blue

Thing is if he had a Gen 7 Pokemon it wouldn't really have much opportunity to do anything since it will be sidelined in favor of Charizard. Seems like a waste

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Thing is if he had a Gen 7 Pokemon it wouldn't really have much opportunity to do anything since it will be sidelined in favor of Charizard. Seems like a waste

Yeah, if Ash was facing an actual worthy League Rival then there'd be reason for a Gen 7 Pokemon being in the fight.

nickdt

Most likely Alain has a Pokemon of each region that is already been showcased in the anime. I can see him with a Dragalge for gen 6. Main reason is, that the other game-exclusive Kalos mons already have been showcased in battle (Clawitzer with Shota, Slurpuff with Shota and Miette and Aromatisse with Aria). And i can see him having a Swanna. Main reason i can think of is an aerial battle against Talonflame. Since it looks we get Salamence vs Noivern, while Talonflame took on a floater, Clawitzer. They can reverse both. Salamence is effective against Noivern, while Noivern is affective against Salamence. Clawitzer was effective against Talonflame, while Talonflame wasn't effective against Clawitzer. Talonflame was taken down by a floater. They can Noivern take down Salamence against Shota, but losing against the Dragalge, a floater and let Talonflame win his aerial battle.

I can also see they matchup Hawlucha vs Metagross and let Hawlucha take down Metagross, which he couldn't do against the Slaking, despite being Super Effective. Then Goodra vs Tyranitar (First matchup) and Pikachu vs Weavile (Second matchup, when Weavile has taken down Goodra). Then Pikachu gets recalled. I can imagne Ash three strongest (And the ones that have been on his Kalos team the longest), are going to match up against Zard X (Pikachu, Talonflame and Ash-Greninja, in that order, with Talonflame damaging Zard X, like it did with Mega Lucario so Pikachu could take it down).

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
Most likely Alain has a Pokemon of each region that is already been showcased in the anime. I can see him with a Dragalge for gen 6. Main reason is, that the other game-exclusive Kalos mons already have been showcased in battle (Clawitzer with Shota, Slurpuff with Shota and Miette and Aromatisse with Aria). And i can see him having a Swanna. Main reason i can think of is an aerial battle against Talonflame. Since it looks we get Salamence vs Noivern, while Talonflame took on a floater, Clawitzer. They can reverse both. Salamence is effective against Noivern, while Noivern is affective against Salamence. Clawitzer was effective against Talonflame, while Talonflame wasn't effective against Clawitzer. Talonflame was taken down by a floater. They can Noivern take down Salamence against Shota, but losing against the Dragalge, a floater and let Talonflame win his aerial battle.

I can also see they matchup Hawlucha vs Metagross and let Hawlucha take down Metagross, which he couldn't do against the Slaking, despite being Super Effective. Then Goodra vs Tyranitar (First matchup) and Pikachu vs Weavile (Second matchup, when Weavile has taken down Goodra). Then Pikachu gets recalled. I can imagne Ash three strongest (And the ones that have been on his Kalos team the longest), are going to match up against Zard X (Pikachu, Talonflame and Ash-Greninja, in that order, with Talonflame damaging Zard X, like it did with Mega Lucario so Pikachu could take it down).

http://m.imgur.com/X2FYott?r

Hawlucha vs. Weavile is already confirmed

Yeah, if Ash was facing an actual worthy League Rival then there'd be reason for a Gen 7 Pokemon being in the fight.

Even if it still played a small, but important roll it'd still have 'reason'. We had Pokémon debut right and left in Kanto-Hoenn when they played extremely unimportant roles, like Wailmer for example.

nickdt

http://m.imgur.com/X2FYott?r

Hawlucha vs. Weavile is already confirmed

Oh right. I guess Goodra battles Weavile too, seeing that Icy Wind (Or whatever that Ice attack is). Maybe Hawlucha/Goodra loses to Weavile and the other one steps in. And if Goodra loses to Weavile, but Hawlucha beats him, its still possible that Hawlucha battles Metagross. And its also still possible Goodra vs Tyranitar, if that is the first match and thus Goodra defeats Tyranitar and Alain sends out Weavile, due to the advantage.

And is that the Alain battle or both Alain or Shota.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
Oh right. I guess Goodra battles Weavile too, seeing that Icy Wind (Or whatever that Ice attack is). Maybe Hawlucha/Goodra loses to Weavile and the other one steps in. And if Goodra loses to Weavile, but Hawlucha beats him, its still possible that Hawlucha battles Metagross. And its also still possible Goodra vs Tyranitar, if that is the first match and thus Goodra defeats Tyranitar and Alain sends out Weavile, due to the advantage.

And is that the Alain battle or both Alain or Shota.

Not 100% sure, but the Goodra pic may be against Tyranitar with sand stream.
The Hawlucha and Goodra pics are from the battle with Alain.
Noivern not sure and Greninja (vs. Sceptile), Pikachu (vs. Aegislash) and Talonflame (vs. Clawitzer) are from the battle with Sawyer/Shota.

EDIT: The Noivern pic is from the battle with Alain's Metang

Last edited:

nickdt

Noivern not sure and Greninja (vs. Sceptile), Pikachu (vs. Aegislash) and Talonflame (vs. Clawitzer) are from the battle with Sawyer/Shota.

It looks more like Ice than Sand to me, to be honest. But both is possible.

andrewscott48209

It's probably against Slurpuff using fairy wind,

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Also when you look at it if they had brought their Unova Pokémon with them and then wind up basically having a team of Yamask, Amoongus, Inkay, Frillish, Woobat, Yamask, Wobbuffet, and Gourgeist then they probably would have been able to repel Team Flare off and stop them from taking Bluni-chan until Alain winds up intervening and then Bluni-chan probably would have been capture by Team Flare.

honestly would have made EVERY team rocket encounter WAY better if they randomly selected out of those 7 pokemon instead of using the same 2 over and over and over and over. I agree that they could have kept off team flare too, ugh they could have had a great run with all those pokemon.

Shadoguardian

By my count, if the anime doesn't skip any more weeks, as of this week we have 17-18 episodes left of the Pokémon XY series. I'm certain of this because the new anime series virtually always starts around the within a week of the games release. Better start crossing the days to say goodbye to Clemont and Bonnie, and hope we still see Serena (if you're an amourshipper)!

Status
Not open for further replies.