• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY Pokémon Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Isn't that Salamence behind Goodra? The colors match, or maybe it's the background.

That's either Salamence's wing, or maybe a moving animation of Weavile's frill (that looks like an Ice-type move)?

DatsRight

I've noticed that the Sneasel evolution line's been used quite a bit in the XYZ season. Team Flare have used both, Alian and Kagetomo have a Weavile, while a Sneasel was a recurring rival for Meowth in the showcases. I know different examples of the same Pokemon appear a lot, but generally not in such a cluster, at least not unless they are connected in some way.

DatsRight

honestly would have made EVERY team rocket encounter WAY better if they randomly selected out of those 7 pokemon instead of using the same 2 over and over and over and over. I agree that they could have kept off team flare too, ugh they could have had a great run with all those pokemon.

Maybe it was just another thing they wanted to disconnect from BW with. Sometimes I feel like TR's small squad is there as a 'Worf Had the Flu' plot presence, along with Ash's hyper competence this season. They don't seem quite sure whether they want the trio to turn incompetent again or not, so they play the odds significantly against them so they can get comically outclassed in a different way.

Granted I like how the compact team has meant we see all of them together a lot of the time. Bonding moments like Under the Pledging Tree and Pathway To The Future would be hard to do with half a dozen Pokemon. And admittedly it has helped the Kalos Pokemon feel very loveable, since they're all frequently active, even Wobbuffet.

Edit: Whoops, double post by mistake. Sorry.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Maybe they will pull a May and have Braixen evolve at the very end of the saga.

Well that's plausible, tho it would be yet another stunt pulled straight from AG ha ha. I think I'd just prefer seeing Pancham evolve at the last minute instead however since at least he's not Serena's starter. ^^;

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I'm really hoping for a Gengar in one of those last spots. It's always such an enjoyable species to watch battling..

Gengar and Excadrill for me, let's be honest, sand rush Excadrill after Ttar would be great.

snebka

Hi
Do you think its good idea that Ash uses in final match his Pokemon from Kalos? I like the team pretty much (maybe second best team for me since Orange Islands) but i think it would be better if he uses his best Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile or Snorlax to (probably) beat Alain. Moreover i think ash's Kalos Pokemon will be tired after match with Sawyer (yeah i know its anime for kids but anyway :D ).
What do you think? :)

Bit OT my (ash) dream team against Alain - Greeninja, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Krookodile, Glalie/Swellow

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Hi
Do you think its good idea that Ash uses in final match his Pokemon from Kalos? I like the team pretty much (maybe second best team for me since Orange Islands) but i think it would be better if he uses his best Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile or Snorlax to (probably) beat Alain. Moreover i think ash's Kalos Pokemon will be tired after match with Sawyer (yeah i know its anime for kids but anyway :D ).

Bit OT my (ash) dream team against Alain - Greeninja, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Krookodile, Glalie/Swellow

I no longer believe that Ash would use any reserve pokemon ever since Goodra came back. Although pokemon like Goodra and Noivern could have used more screen time, Ash's team seems decent enough to go on to the finals without reserves and it looks more unlikely for each episode.

Red and Blue

Hi

Its already been confirmed he is using his Kalos team against Alain. No reserves

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Its already been confirmed he is using his Kalos team against Alain. No reserves

Maybe he used reserves in the.. I don't remember.. four battles that Ash had prior to the semifinals? I mean they went by so fast.. I don't recall what I've missed.. Maybe Croconaw had a nice win..

Maybe he used reserves in the.. I don't remember.. four battles that Ash had prior to the semifinals? I mean they went by so fast.. I don't recall what I've missed.. Maybe Croconaw had a nice win..

I liked it when they let Kingler sweep two pokemon in the first round after Tomo's Dunsparce took out Greninja and Infernape.

For nostalgia's sake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.