• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY&Z, Premieres Thursday October 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Sadly, my expectations for Clemont are the same: I don't think XY&Z will change his role or his development much. Serena has a chance though since she actually does stuff.

Well I hope she and Clemont will help fight Team flare at some point in XYZ at least. ^^

ShadowForce720

Just an ideal and I'm not sure if anyone else has already brought up this ideal but what if the reason Mairin is not in the poster for pokemon XY and Z is because Lysandre has taken her hostage to use her as leverage against Alain to either try to force Alain to still work for him, to force Alain to hand over his mega stone and ring, or to try to force Alain to stay out of his way.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I hope she and Clemont will help fight Team flare at some point in XYZ at least. ^^

I want it to happen, but I'm not honestly expecting much TF action involving the cast (minus Ash of course). I expect Serena and co. to be snubbed.

dp045

I want it to happen, but I'm not honestly expecting much TF action involving the cast (minus Ash of course). I expect Serena and co. to be snubbed.

Well while not pass the cliche of "kidnap the girl to blackmail the hero" I'm fine with that Serena, the Clermont and Bonnie were not the limelight after Ash but during the climax of Arc Team Flare end up being aid significant.

Lorde

Well while not pass the cliche of "kidnap the girl to blackmail the hero" I'm fine with that Serena, the Clermont and Bonnie were not the limelight after Ash but during the climax of Arc Team Flare end up being aid significant.

I wouldn't want Serena to be held hostage by Team Flare honestly. "Damsel in distress" roles are so degrading even for this show.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wouldn't want Serena to be held hostage by Team Flare honestly. "Damsel in distress" roles are so degrading even for this show.

Agreed, I'd rather see Ash in that role instead lol.

I just hope Serena gets some screentime during the Team Flare arc doing something.

dp045

Well, no need to worry, this only happens when the villain believes that the protagonist is a threat to his plan, Ash just being a busybody boy snuck party without notice. I think Lyzandre consider, Alain for this (and kidnap Manon lol).

Supersonicbro

....What if ash was just dressed like Greninja's mega evolution this entire time? Take alain for example, did they make his outfit to copy mega charizard, or did mega charizard just become "alain charizard"?

It's obvious they did it to have him dress like his mega, what if that was their plan all along for greninja and ash?

dman_dustin

Degrading?

Yeah I don't see anything "degrading" about being forcefully overpowered and abducted.

Besides this has already happened in the anime, and in the XY series. Only this would be more serious.

Squirtle_007

This all smells like Pocket Monsters Xest Yishes Season 2 Episode Z

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Degrading?

Yeah I don't see anything "degrading" about being forcefully overpowered and abducted.

Besides this has already happened in the anime, and in the XY series. Only this would be more serious.
Yeah, I don't really want to see that happen to Serena nor Manon since XY hasn't been really loving when it comes to Female Characters x Agency and really Manon deserves better than that, her lack of a spot on the poster is hopefully plot-related, we already know she seems to be splitting with him in Act 4. I guess she maybe came across Eureka and the others and maybe that's how the Dedenne-using girl has one? I am truly hoping for some significance in the special, Hari-san evolving seems like something that could happen given we see Overgrow's activation I think maybe she gets attacked by a Mega Pokemon and Hari-san fights back and evolves but still loses, perhaps?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Watch it be neither Mega Smogonfrog nor Protean Smogonfrog, but rather a much less hype Cosplay Smogonfrog.

I really do expect it to be an anime exclusive costume change. Which is cool and all.

Lorde

Hence why it's degrading. Serena's not some powerless damsel who should be kidnapped anyway: She's shown that she can battle.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Watch it be neither Mega Smogonfrog nor Protean Smogonfrog, but rather a much less hype Cosplay Smogonfrog.
I'm banking on this idea too, unless they intentionally designed it to look similar to Satoshi's clothes, it's important to remember that the magazine said it resembles his clothes. XY's main feature? Customization. I'm guessing the future starters in Z will take on similar appearances to their trainers via Customization, Mega Customization in a sense. Which also allows them to receive a power boost and maybe a stat change? It's also important to note that it's called, "Satoshi Gekkouga" so unless that naming will be a universal thing in the game, (unlikely I thinnnk) then that means the Pokemon will take on names of their trainer like we see with the Mega Evolution naming template. I'm not sure if they would design a Mega to look intentionally like Satoshi, he may have received his clothes for that sake and advertisement sake but the other way around would be odd. I think Mega Customizable Kalos Big Three will be a reality in Z, with something about bonds, which also allows Gekkouga's change to be not super duper forced since Satoshi and it barely have a bond to begin with and it would explain the absence of a Keystone, it also has its rivalry with Shota and Juptile.

Worst case scenario, some type of anime-exclusive Mary Sue feature, which would really suck. Though I wouldn't be too upset if that was the case, if only because this new form Gekkouga looks absolutely terrible while regular base Gekkouga looked great.

dp045

I'm banking on this idea too, unless they intentionally designed it to look similar to Satoshi's clothes, it's important to remember that the magazine said it resembles his clothes. XY's main feature? Customization. I'm guessing the future starters in Z will take on similar appearances to their trainers via Customization, Mega Customization in a sense. Which also allows them to receive a power boost and maybe a stat change? It's also important to note that it's called, "Satoshi Gekkouga" so unless that naming will be a universal thing in the game, (unlikely I thinnnk) then that means the Pokemon will take on names of their trainer like we see with the Mega Evolution naming template. I'm not sure if they would design a Mega to look intentionally like Satoshi, he may have received his clothes for that sake and advertisement sake but the other way around would be odd. I think Mega Customizable Kalos Big Three will be a reality in Z, with something about bonds, which also allows Gekkouga's change to be not super duper forced since Satoshi and it barely have a bond to begin with and it would explain the absence of a Keystone, it also has its rivalry with Shota and Juptile.

Worst case scenario, some type of anime-exclusive Mary Sue feature, which would really suck. Though I wouldn't be too upset if that was the case, if only because this new form Gekkouga looks absolutely terrible while regular base Gekkouga looked great.

I think for marketing purposes, everything is possible as the anime seeks to promote the game and be a bridge for the children are interested in the franchise. I think that really could be Mega-Greninja and if it resembles the outfit Ash, well, there you see coaches that have appeared with Pokemon Mega-evolution her outfit resembles Mega possessing, did this with Alain and that Ash now do not surprise me, total is Ash's character it remains one of the most familiar faces and promotes the Pokemon franchise so design a specific Mega to think he could be successful.

Last edited:

UnknownMr.Ree

I'm just going to point this out, I didn't read the whole forum, so I don't know if someone already said the same thing.

I noticed that all of the main character's Pokemon are looking at the same direction, so that Mega Sceptile is not Ash's.

It is confirmed that Ash's Greninja is going to learn Water Shuriken as shown, (not the one with Cut).

Maybe the reason behind the "Ash look of Greninja" is his Ability Protean, Greninja bacame Ash Type XD

Status
Not open for further replies.