• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY&Z, Premieres Thursday October 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
Given Alain outright beat an E4 member today, I wouldnt be surprised if the eventual Ash vs. Alain became a 1v5 stomp tbh...

Cradily17

His face.

I feel a deep sense of hatred just looking at it.

If you're going to hate a character, then blame the writers. I honestly feel like Sawyer and his Sceptile should win at least once. Having him lose every single battle would just be poor writing.

jrizza88

Meteorite
If you're going to hate a character, then blame the writers. I honestly feel like Sawyer and his Sceptile should win at least once. Having him lose every single battle would just be poor writing.

I feel like they will win the first time Sceptile learns to mega evolve. I know the anime openings don't reflect the actual plot usually, but I can see that water part of the opening reflect Greninja being hard on itself for losing to Sceptile and then maybe that new form change thing will happen after that battle somehow before Greninja fights Sceptile again?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Which is ironic, given how that happens to Ash almost every time he has a rival throughout a region.

Maybe Sawyer is the acual XY protagonist but we're still following Ash for some reason.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think maybe they're reversing the roles with Ash and his rival in the rivalry this time around, which is some fresh and different imo. I still feel Sawyer was introduced too late into the series though.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Kii to everyone being upset at Ash always winning now when most people used to complain about Ash losing every battle to Paul and the BW rival a lot.

Now that Ash has won all his rival battles, I think the only "balance" we will see, while stil pleasing most is for him to lose to some of them before the league and then beat them at the league...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
and I think he will keep getting better and surpass Ash.

So do I. I figure that's his whole purpose, which I think many people predicted ever since he was shown following in Ash's footsteps: Him getting a Mega before Ash sealed the deal imo.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So yeah, we'll be closing this now, since the show has premiered and all. Discussion about Shota etc. can be taken to the character discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.