• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters XY&Z, Premieres Thursday October 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
So we were right all along! Zygarde is a composite being...the one with the red core is the brain and it gathers all the other little ones to form the overall creature...the more little blobs it assimilates, the bigger and more complete it gets...does anyone know if the dog forme is also ground/ dragon?

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Why doesn't Ash have a keystone or mega ring? Are we sure Mega Sceptile is his?

Well if you think about it besides the Zygarde forms all the other Pokemon on poster belong to known characters that are also with them on that poster. With that in mind I think it be Ash's Sceptile since it be weird to put only one random rival's Pokemon without him.

Lucas MV

Are you guys forgetting that Sawyer is no where to be seen?? That would be like Sudowoodo randomly being on the picture and Brock no where in sight. If anything, Alain pulling a mega Sceptile out of his butt is more likely then it being Sawyer's.

That is something else to consider too. Sawyer not being in the poster is the only thing preventing me from being sure Sceptile is his. But he is kinda the main rival-apprentice for Ash right now, and we are sure he will appear again. Him not being on the poster only leaves it open to interpretation, but I think it's still most likely his.

(But I would love it if Ash brings both Sceptile and Charizard to mega evolve, I just don't think it'll happen) And given Mega Sceptile and Mega Charizard Y are confirmed to appear in the future, it makes more sense for Sceptile to appear under Sawyer, given it is his dream, than Charizard being Trevor's, given he isn't so much of a trainer, more like a photographer with badges, and never mentioned mega evolution.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
IDK, Sceptile is facing backwards just like Alain, his Zard and Lysandre, so I think it's not Ash's, but more of a threat or contender. We'll see in a few weeks though.

I'm really excited about this "new" season mainly because it's possible we're reaching the 191 episode mark again, which means more development opportunities for the cast.

dman_dustin

I may have not said it here, but let me reiterate.

Ash was very interested in knowing that Sceptile had a mega evolution.

NOT to mention, Sawyer is more of a lesser trainer than Ash, so its possible that Ash is going to have a mentor type relationship with Sawyer, explaining why Ash is getting a mega Sceptile (if it ends up being the case) then perhaps Ash will help Sawyer get his own Mega Sceptile later on.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Just a small point - not sure if anyone has noticed. Complete Zygarde's chest mouth is open in the poster, showing those coloured lines as hexagons.

Loving the Greninja

Lucas MV

I may have not said it here, but let me reiterate.

Ash was very interested in knowing that Sceptile had a mega evolution.

NOT to mention, Sawyer is more of a lesser trainer than Ash, so its possible that Ash is going to have a mentor type relationship with Sawyer, explaining why Ash is getting a mega Sceptile (if it ends up being the case) then perhaps Ash will help Sawyer get his own Mega Sceptile later on.

It's one of the possible scenarios. I personally don't think its the most likely. Ash was surprised Sceptile had a mega evolution, but it wasn't more than that. Besides, we have yet to see Ash's reaction to Alain's Mega Zard X. Based on that we may be able to have more info to speculate about M Sceptile or M Charizard Y for Ash. I'm mentioning Zard because of December calendar, not the poster ofc.

Ash actually had more to say when he learned about M-Ampharos ("Wow! So Ampharos can Mega Evolve too? Woah! How cool is that?") than he did when Sawyer mentioned M-Sceptile ("So Sceptile can Mega Evolve?!") This is going by the dub, of course.

The one on the poster could be Ash's, but I don't think his reaction to Sawyer mentioning M-Sceptile should be treated as evidence/foreshadowing/etc. Ash & co. are just surprised/interested whenever they learn about a new Mega Evo.

Alkaid

Anyone else see a digimon theme going on with greninja.

I just hope they dont decide after mega evolution to start merging humans and pokemon.

dman_dustin

Ash actually had more to say when he learned about M-Ampharos ("Wow! So Ampharos can Mega Evolve too? Woah! How cool is that?") than he did when Sawyer mentioned M-Sceptile ("So Sceptile can Mega Evolve?!") This is going by the dub, of course.

The one on the poster could be Ash's, but I don't think his reaction to Sawyer mentioning M-Sceptile should be treated as evidence/foreshadowing/etc. Ash & co. are just surprised/interested whenever they learn about a new Mega Evo.

The difference though is Ash actually has a Sceptile.

Are we really to expect if Sawyer mentioned any other mega evolution unrelated to Ash, Ash would've still been impressed, or maybe would the line being given to Serena, Clemont, or Bonnie.

Because think of Mega Blaziken, Ash was impressed, but he didn't imply it was super amazing, in the sense he had one. Mega Ampharos, not sure what happened there because as far as I'm aware we haven't seen it. So Ash may have just been impressed.

Plus given the context of what Ash said, I think Ash just wasn't given a very big line in regards to Sceptile. I think the raw said something like "Sceptile can mega evolve?" in a way that to me, implied he was very interested to know that.

I know Charizard, but keep in mind Ash doesn't know it can mega evolve, but does know Sceptile can. So I feel like the big main mega evolution for Ash could indeed be Sceptile, while Charizard will merely be introduce Ash into mega evolution.

I feel as if maybe Ash's Mega Charizard Y will be only temporary for temporary purposes, and has to give up Charizardite Y to Professor Sycamore, but sometime later picks up Sceptilite and that's why Ash would have mega Sceptile.

Of course the concept of Mega Greninja is not to be ignored. We just have no idea.

Anyone else see a digimon theme going on with greninja.

I just hope they dont decide after mega evolution to start merging humans and pokemon.

That creates a paradox, since Ash is ALSO on the poster.

I think at worst or best Greninja has protean and absorbs some of Ash's DNA and perhaps composition of Ash's clothing while being exposed to some form of energy and adopts traits of Ash, not fusion.

So kind of like, I know this a touchy subject, but just for comparative sake, the Hiroshima bombs, and how silhouettes were burned into walls of the people when the bomb exploded.

I think Ash might block Greninja when a sort of energy hits and transfers, DNA and certain aspects to Greninja and Greninja adopts this new form.

I'm almost positive its not fusion like Digimon, or Dragonball Z.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Why would Sawyer even have a Mega?He can barely battle.

I've said this before, maybe not on Serebii, so I understand why you may have not heard of this.

But you don't need to be a great battler to have a mega evolution, all you need is a great bond with your Pokemon. And Sawyer clearly has that with Grovyle.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I like the theory of Greninja being exposed to the ultimate weapon during the Team Flare events, resulting in this new Ashified form.

Hopefully the new opening will rise to the occasion. Don't want anything like "Be An Arrow 2013" BLARGH

I have to say, this was quite the haul. Lots and lots of new things and of course a ton of speculations and a lot of fun.

In my opinion, they are simply positioned next to each other, Their body chemistries don't suggest a rivalry. But each to their own.

Could Greninja's weird forme be some kind of depiction of it having Protean.

If Protean changes the Pokemon's type, I assume it wouldn't be impossible for it to change appearance either.

This is quite an interesting view that I actually missed. I like this actually.

On Zygarde: Nothing much to say other than holy Mew that's great, I love the idea of multiple formes and such. This is definitely a unique idea. Gamefreak has been consistently doing well with the third legendary. Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and now Zygarde. Each of them seem to have something unique about themselves.

On Greninja: We have these possiblities as far as speculation goes

- Mega Greninja
-Customizable Starter in Z/or some feature that lets your Pokemon change form to resemble you
- New forme for all Kalos Pokemon in Z?
-Fusion or something similar
-Anime Specific forme
-Protean depiction (courtesy: dman)

Out of these, I see Mega Greninja feels less probable to me.

On Sceptile: I want to rule out Sawyer. The factors that reduces the probability that it's Ash isthe lack of a visible Mega Ring. But it has to be someone's. Maybe Alan or some new character? Or perhaps they just face one?

I'd love if it was Ash's personally.

On Noivern: Yeah, this is great news, what's with Ash and evolving dragons fast. This is like the opposite of what we had till now (looks at Gible)

Last edited:

ssquaderi

The new "Ash Greninja" form doesn't really look like a Mega :/ no idea why they made a new form for it, hopefully it ties into the plot well, also, wow, Noivern, lot of surprises this poster...

nuzamaki90

Manon is completely absent from all of this which is weird seeing how she is as much of a plot device as everyone else. Hari-san and her did grab a Zygarde cell.

Which brings up a question now that we know that Bonnie has one too. Maybe when they meet, Zygarde's 10% form is created which is why it is on the poster as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.