• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pocket||TRAINER: Kanto's Arcanum

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer

<<Click banner for opening theme>>

" ar·ca·num
- n. pl. ar·ca·na (-n) or ar·ca·nums

1. A deep secret; a mystery.
2. often arcana; Specialized knowledge or detail that is mysterious to the average person.
3. A secret essence or remedy; an elixir. "

[prologue||PLOT]

All around the world, Pokemon Training is at it's climax. Almost every child wants to travel around the country and build a Pokemon team at some point in their life. Pokemon journies are known to teach people valuable life experience and turn them into more able and versed human beings, parents have been encouraged to allow their children the opportunity to travel as soon as possible. The top researcher from each region is entrusted with the duty to help and guide young rookie trainers on their path to becoming young Pokemon League hopefuls. Professor Oak, second only to Professor Rowan in seniority, is one of the most iconic celebrities of the Pokemon League Association in Kanto.

An inflation of young trainers comes with it a slew of burdens on the League Association, the most problematic one would be the fact more than half of these new trainers never reach the Pokemon League Challenge requirement of eight badges. Many give up along the way, costing the League Association valuable money and resources. It only took a few months of planning and preparation to establish the new Pokemon League Association sanctioned Academies. While some Pokemon Academies already existed, the Association established a chain of official Academies directly funded and looked over by the Association which will only accept the most promising students beginning at age 14.

The leading researcher in each region is put in charge to overlook these academies and establish a successful school system. At the end of each year a Pokemon Trainer Aptitude Test is given to the students, the top three ranked students are chosen to represent the academy in the annual Pokemon League Challenge. These specially selected Rookie Trainers are not only given extremely rare Pokemon to set them apart from other trainers, but they are also given a one-of-a-kind invention known as a Pokedex. These special devices set these young trainers apart and show their duty to their academy and Professor.

Its September, and that means the beginning of the new season for the Pokemon League Challenge. Kanto is one of the few regions in the world with two prestigious academies, Professor Samuel Oak's Pallet Academy and Professor Bill's Cerulean Academy. Since there are two academies, the later established Cerulean Academy can only select the top two. Each academy has already chosen their top students to represent them in the upcoming Pokemon League Challenge, and the day has come to receive their official Pokemon Starter and begin their journeys on Day One of this year's Pokemon League Challenge.

[peculiarities||CHANGE]

The Land of Rich Heiritage, Kanto, has seen its share of changes through time. It has been years since Team Rocket's attacks on Kanto and Johto, and the Battle Subway was just opened in the far away region of Unova. The world around Kanto has been advancing in technology, and Kanto itself has not fallen behind.

Different Pokemon. The biomes of the region have changed since decades ago due to years of random Pokemon being released and change in weather, making the fauna the most diverse it has ever been.

Technology. Kanto has changed and technology has advanced: towns and cities have grown, their technological advances are astonishing.

The Professor.
The once famed leading researcher of Kanto is now the retired Dr. Oak who added on to his research laboratory and converted it into the Pallet Academy where he still conducts research as the Dean. Official Pokemon League Association matters have been left to Professor Daisy Oak.

Crime. Team Rocket has been disbanded for years, their leader presumed dead after the fall of the Goldenrod Radio Tower and given a burial years later. Since then, no big crimes have been reported. Actually, no crimes at all. Not until the past couple of months has their even been a mild disturbance, but there have been reports of crimes akin to those of Team Rocket years ago. Every report has one thing in common, individuals dressed in military-esque dark clothing with masks over their mouths to hide their identities.

Destiny. Mr. Fuji, Guardian of the Pokemon Tower, along with Ms. Brinca of the Sevii Islands, have the most life experience in the region. Together, they share knowledge about the history of the land that surpasses even that of Dr. Oak. They stumbled across an amazing find, deep within the strange and surreal Tanoby Chambers of the Sevii Islands. On the walls they found a prophecy of sorts, predicting the arrival of Legendary entities who will select five special humans in their eternal struggle for dominance. In hand, these five humans can be seen holding small red books of some sort...

[partners||SURVIVE]

001.gif

Bulbasaur #001
Level 5
GrassIC_Big.png
/
PoisonIC_Big.png

Ability: Overgrow
Gentle Nature
Attacks:
lvl 1: Tackle
NormalIC_Big.png

lvl 1: Growl
NormalIC_Big.png

004.gif

Charmander #004 [captured||TAKEN]
Level 5
FireIC_Big.png

Ability:
Blaze
Bold
Nature
Attacks:
lvl 1: Scratch
NormalIC_Big.png

NormalIC_Big.png

007.gif

Squirtle #007
Level 5
WaterIC_Big.png

Ability: Torrent
Quirky Nature
Attacks:
NormalIC_Big.png

lvl 4: Tail Whip
NormalIC_Big.png

025.gif

Pikachu #025
Level 5
ElectricIC_Big.png

Ability: Static
Jolly Nature
Attacks:
NormalIC_Big.png

lvl 1: ThunderShock
ElectricIC_Big.png

lvl 5: Tail Whip
NormalIC_Big.png

133.gif

Eevee #133
Level 5
NormalIC_Big.png

Ability: Adaptability
Naive Nature
Attacks:
lvl 1: Tail Whip
NormalIC_Big.png

NormalIC_Big.png

lvl 5: Helping Hand
NormalIC_Big.png

[rules||FOLLOW]

1. All standarad serebii forum rules apply, please refrain from spamming and making this the laughing stock of the roleplaying boards.

2. Rating is a strict 15+, for some mild language Actually no, ignore that. There might be even more language, and some adult themes and minor gore later on. I can't cater to everyone's comfort zone, you have been warned.

3. As the GM, my word is final, if there is anything you disagree with please feel free to question me. But regardless of what happens i will always have the final say. I also reserve the right to boot you if you aren't active enough, but don't worry I will give you plenty of warnings before we get to that point.

4. This roleplay will follow loose chapters; I'll post a chapter set in an area with the catchable pokemon and any important NPCs, you won't be able to post anything beyond the area we're in until I post the new area. For the most part, interaction will be the main driving force so these chapters won't be very detailed. Pokemon will have levels according to Bulbapedia, although I might reward great posts with TM's or unusual level-ups, so strive for originality.

5. Once the OOC thread is up, i'll dedicate the first five posts to keep track of each character's inventory and party pokemon. Each Pokemon will have a eight attack maxium.

6. When capturing pokemon, end your post with the ball shaking. I will label the wild Pokemon that are available for capture with their rarity, and unless its labeled as "rare" I will likely not refuse the capture. However, the better your post is, the higher level, better attacks, and maybe even an egg-move or useful hold item.

7. Minimum posting rate is once per week, for each player. If you post less without giving me a decent reason, your spot on the RP can be opened up. If you think this will be hard to keep up with, then please don't sign up.

[rookie trainer||REGISTRATION]

[human||TRAINER]

Name: [first, last]
Academy: [Either Pallet or Cerulean]
Pokedex Color: [Cannot be the same as someone else's]

Description: [What does your character look like? Red Hair? Brown Hair? Blue Eyes? Red Eyes? And so forth. What are they wearing? Needs to be at LEAST two paragraphs long. You can also have a picture of your character, but you still also have to write it out.]

Personality: [Funny, Distant, Afraid to show feelings and so forth. Once again, at LEAST two paragraphs.]

History: [This requires over a paragraph and should explain their childhood and any major events leading up to at least their acceptance of the Academy.]

Theme: [The basic theme song for your character which best sums up who they are as a person, or who they want to be. Cannot be the same as someone else's.]

Example Role-Play: [This is THE most important part in your Sign up, it's your first impression on me and shows me wether or not your style of roleplaying will fit this rpg. It can't be from another roleplay and it can't be random. NO, this has to be specific. Write about your character's night of September 1st, the night before this year's Pokemon League Challenge began. The names of the five chosen Rookies from the academies were released and news quickly spread amongst the blogs and facedex pages of your friends. After analyzing your rivals, articles and videos have been going viral of a gang committing horrible crimes ranging from pokemon theft to robbery. Were you up to the challenge? After deep thought, doing whatever it is that helps you think, you begin to get these strange images in your head of hieroglyphics of some sort. They look kinda like letters, but before you have a chance to try and decrypt them you receive a burning sensation on your body somewhere. But if quickly faded away, just what was that? You dont' spend much time thinking about it and go to sleep.]

[starter||POKEMON]

Pokemon: [Which starter do you choose?]
Nickname: [What special name will you give your Pokemon?]

Personality: [What is your Pokemon's personality. It doesn't need to be lengthy as it is tough to keep in mind two personalities. Unless you're experienced in role-playing and can handle doing two different personalities. Some people find it challenging. Most Pokemon who are paired up with humans take on the same personality as their human partners, but if you wanted your Pokemon to have a different personality from your own character, that is okay. Just keep in mind that you need to keep both personalities in tact.]

Unique Traits: [Optional. A difference or two that sets your Pokemon apart from the rest of its species. Nothing TOO major, don't change its color scheme or anything.]

[.accepted//TRAINERS]

1. Riku Kimura, chose the starter Charmander
played by Charizard_Man

Last edited:

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
This looks intresting. Sigh. I'm already in a ton of rps as it is, but could I get a reserve for eevee at the moment? I'd like to join this, but it all depends.

In other news, I just realized something. September 1st is my brithday. lol

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Welll curses. As ever, Aura takes the slot I want.....Oh well. Can I reserve Pikachu?

Hudsonn98

Damn...there goes Eevee...can I please reserve a slot for Squirtle? I swear I'll post my SU really soon. Just save Squirtle for me!

DVB

Philosopher Knight
There goes the Pikachu reservation... well if Soul Muse can't fulfill his roleplaying duties, I'll be happy to. So how will things be this time around?

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Name: Amber Levesque
Academy: Cerulean
Pokedex Color: White

Description: Amber stands at 5'6" and 5'8" with the heels she usually wears. She has wavy golden blond hair that reach a bit past her shoulders. Her eyes are a hazel color and she usually tries to make them pop more with make up and eyeliner. She uses red lipstick exclusively and has a healthy tan. She has an average sized nose and has an oval shaped head. Her jaw line is not particularly strong, although a bit above average.

She is always over thinking her clothing choices, trying to assemble the perfect outfit for every occasion. However, she mostly enjoys wearing patterned dresses. Amber mostly wears pumps, although if she knows that she is going to be running she usually wears flats. Even when she is sick she goes out of her way to look presentable, she would never be caught dead in sweat pants and sneakers.

3kqxD.jpg

Personality: Amber is extremely ambitious and intelligent, she has gigantic dreams and goals which she is constantly readjusting to grander and grander sights. She is calculating, and purposeful; every action she performs has been carefully planned out to make sure that she gets the most out of it in return. She is long accustomed to sizing up everyone in a room the minute she enters. Her ambition gives her the means to do whatever is necessary to come out ahead.

She is incredibly vain and takes an incredible amount of time to look just right, getting annoyed if someone musses up her clothes and hair. She often gets a case of tunnel vision, losing focus of almost everything but her goals. She is very studious but that is expected considering she is one the top students in the Cerulean academy. She hates people belittling her intelligence because of the privileges she's received. She expects to be judged on the same criterion as everyone else and not given any special treatment because of her parents or her gender or anything at all.

History: Amber was born to Patrick and Patricia Levesque 16 years ago in Cerulean city. Her parents are two wealthy socialites in the upper echelon of Cerulean high society. Her father is an executive of Silph Co., often leaving for months at a time she rarely got to see him. Her mother was a homemaker although most of her time was spent tanning out by the pool. Overly critical of her daughter, it annoyed Amber at times but mostly it just created a competitive spirit in the young girl - always wanting to prove that there was more to her than it seemed.

Amber rarely got to leave, being their only child her parents were overprotective and did not give her much freedom. She did not leave Cerulean City until she was ten years old to go watch the Indigo Plateau Conference. It was there that she witness Pokémon battling for the first time. Seeing the immense power that the Pokémon wielded and how they were carefully instructed and trusted their trainers inspired Amber to want to become a trainer.

She bought a Pokémon Trainer Handbook at the Pokémon League reception office and read over it countless of times. Often wishing to be read it as a bed time story by her nanny instead of fairy tales. She told her parents every day that she wanted to set off on a Pokémon journey but they constantly made up excuses to deny her. Truth was they did not want their daughter out in the wild where anyone could attack her.

Eventually to appease her they enrolled her into Professor Bill's Cerluean Pokémon Trainers' Academy. There she devoted herself to becoming top of the class and learning everything there is about Pokémon. Her parents paid for private tutors but never allowed her to get her own Pokémon, considering them extremely dangerous. However she always jumped at the chance to study the training Pokémon they had at the academy.

When she heard that Professor Bill's Academy was only going to select two students she almost started a campaign against this injustice. However, she realized that instead of trying to fight for change she should be directing her efforts into beating out the rest of her students. Her chances may have been slimmer but her diligence and hard work paid off when she found out she had made it as the top student in her Academy.

Theme: Träumerei

Example Role-Play:
Amber paced back and forth in her room before walking over to her computer and repeating the process. First she'd open her email and refresh it, then she'd go over to the school's official website, and finally she'd check the Pokémon League website. Once that she saw that there was no update she got back up and walked from one end of her room to the other 14 times. To say that she was nervous would be an understatement. She had already been pushed to borderline obsessive compulsive behavior by this. Today they were going to announce the 5 students who would be given Pokédexes, exotic Pokémon, and will represent their respective Academy. It was nerve wracking, she constantly replayed the testing day in her head.

Maybe the answer to last question was actually B? Did she properly answer the long response questions? What if she misspelled her own name?!?!? The thought of such a thing caused her to nearly scream. What actually did make her scream was her phone going off. She lunged for the device which was on her bed and immediately answered it without even seeing who was calling.
"Hello?" She whispered into the phone, anxiously holding her breath.
"Did you check Facedex?!" Her friend, Tiffany, excitedly asked her.
"No and I don't care about some frivolous social network at this time. Do you understand that I'm awaiting some of the most important news of my life?!" She snapped at her friend angrily.
"They announced the top students!" Tiffany stated, unperturbed by the seething tone her friend frequently gave her.
"What?! I just checked the Pokémon League official webs-"
"Well it's on Facedex!"
Amber jumped up from her bed and ran over to her desk, leaving her phone on the bed and her friend asking if anyone was on the line for a few minutes. She quickly clicked the top of the search bar and typed in "facedex.com"

The website seemed to take ages to load before the social website finally loaded onto her screen. She had 27 notifications. Did this mean… She stopped herself from finishing that thought to spare herself from the possible disappointment that might come from such thoughts. She moved her cursor to her page and saw that all of the messages were more or less the same thing. "Congratulations!" She gulped down a large lump in her throat before typing in the Pokémon League Website and saw that there were five photos of people. Her eyes instantly zoomed in on herself and she gasped loudly.

She did it.

She had aced the exam and claimed her title as top student of Cerulean Academy. She allowed herself a silent squeal before waving her hands in front of her face and forcing a stoic face on herself. Amber opened up facedex and replied "Thank you very much, I'm excited as well." to each and everyone of her friends that was congratulating her. She went back onto the Pokémon League and read every single one of the profiles. They were impressive, but she was sure she could do better than them.

This was a competition now. She tied her hair back with a ribbon and grabbed her journal, writing down everything she needed to to prepare for the upcoming challenges. Her pen flew across the the paper incredibly fast, her mind going miles a minute. Just then she felt an excruciating pain flow through her, she dropped the pen and journal on the floor and fell to her knees. It was an incredibly migraine, she had never had one before but she knew this must have been one. She gritted her teeth and slammed her eyes shut.

Letters flowed across her mind, or at least what looked like letters. They looked more like hieroglyphics, indecipherable symbols. Attempting to focus or even make sense of what she was seeing was futile, they all went by too fast. As soon as it began, it ended; she felt a fiery sensation flowing through her arms and her vision soon cleared up.

Amber got up on shaky legs and placed a hand against her forehead. She was seeing things, all this stress was finally getting to her. She walked over to her bed and laid down on it, deciding she needed some rest after all that was happening to her. She deserved it, she was the top of her class after all. The thought put a smile on her face as she laid her head on her pillow and drifted off to sleep.

[starter||POKEMON]

Pokemon: Pikachu
Nickname: Maxwell

Personality: Maxwell is incredibly energetic and carefree. He is always walking around with a giant smile on his face and is not afraid of anything. He is bold and courageous although a bit too overconfident. He often challenges those which are ten times his size with no qualms. He is very affectionate and searches out others to pet him or give him treats. He loves compliments and even performs tricks just to get some. Maxwell is somewhat hyperactive, always running from place to place and detests being placed into his Pokéball because he hates the restriction it provides. He is eager when it comes to battling, always wanting to participate in any and every battle that Amber gets into even if he is at a type disadvantage. He is a bit of a brat and sometimes gets angry just for not getting his way, often causing sparks to shower from him in order to scare others.

Unique Traits: Has a red ribbon wrapped around his neck.

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
#IMPORTANT NOTES
Okay, so I probably should have mentioned this before. But those who attend Pallet Academy have the choice between the original three starters: Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. While those who attend Cerulean Academ choose between Eevee and Pikachu.

Also, I will not be accepting reservations. The four spots will be first come first serve guys. Again, sorry for not mentioning this first.

And also, @Krazy95 Charmander is already taken by me, I will actually be putting up my application shortly. With the above notices, @~Angelic_Hymn~ you should probably make any changes that need to be made before I read your sign up.

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
WEll, I think i got everything. If somethign is missing, let me know.

Name: Ian Blackwood
Academy: Cerulean
Pokedex Color: Black

Description: Ian is tall, standing roughly 6’3”, with an athletic yet slim build. His face is sharp and angled, with piercing green eyes, and pale skin. His hair is brown, almost black, and cut short on all sides. Ian’s clothing is always in shades of black or grey, not matter the season, temperature, or what the rest of the world is wearing. On a typical day, Ian will wear a long-sleeved tee shirt, either black or grey, jeans, always black and combat boots, also in black. The greatest majority of the time, Ian also wears a hooded jacket, typically colored black. To his closest friends, Ian not wearing a jacket is seen as a sign of the apocalypse. The final piece of clothing that Ian wears is a pair of black gloves, with silver flames stitched on the back.

The only other things Ian wears is his backpack, which is black, his watch, also black, and a silver bracelet. The backpack his silver flames on the side of it, and carries whatever doesn’t fit in Ian’s pockets. Ian’s watch is thin, and dark black, held around his wrist by a black leather strap. The bracelet is on his right wrist, and looks like intricate silver chain. Occasionally, Ian will wear this bracelet on the outside of his jacket sleeve, although he never explains why or when he will do so.

Personality: Ian is blessed with a near unshakable calm. No matter what life throws his way, Ian never loses his cool, something of both a blessing and a curse. Combined with this zen like state of being, Ian thinks extremely well on his feet, allowing him to act with both logic and speed in most situations. However, Ian is very reserved, doing his utmost not to interact with the majority of the world, having reached the conclusion that people are annoying twits, at least in his eyes. Anyone who is not his friend will receive biting sarcastic words in response if they are lucky, and a vicious suggestion to leave him alone if they are unlucky.

Among his friends, Ian is slightly more outgoing, smiling occasionally, and smirking often. He is less sarcastic and biting, and more silent and knowledgeable. Of course, Ian still has no sense of humor, and will, either on purpose or by accident, take almost all jokes completely seriously. His few friends generally accept this action as deliberate, something that Ian denies. To those who manage to pass whatever test he has for friendship, Ian is quite loyal, and as long as the request is reasonable, willing to help. However, he will not ask others for help, believing in being completely self reliant.

The other thingd to note is that Ian suffers from insomnia, and sleeps roughly two hours a night, and that Ian can remember anything that he reads. Otherwise, his memory is remarkably bad, but if he reads something, you can guarantee Ian will remember it.

History: Ian was born to a desk worker and nurse in Saffron City. His mother worked in the local hospital, and his father did desk work at a nearby business. As result, Ian spent most of his formative years alone, since his parents barely made enough money to get by on, and could not hire someone to watch him. By the time he was six; Ian could completely take care of himself, and began to study things that interested him. This included Pokémon battling, writing, and fencing, although Ian never really amounted to much in the latter regard. Ian never tried to make any serious friends however, preferring to spend his time reading and studying.

At age ten, Ian decided that he was going to attend one of the Academies. His parents where dubious at first, since they had spent so little time with him as is, but after some arguments with Ian, they finally agreed to let him go. They agreed to pay for everything as well, as they hadn’t really been the best of parent for Ian. Over the course of the next four years, Ian studied everything he could, and tried to get better at fencing, while still failing miserably. When he was thirteen, Ian feel out of a tree he had climbed in to read, and broke his left arm, and right leg, putting an end to his studies for awhile.

The in Ian’s arm was bad enough that he had to learn to write with his right hand, since he was previously left handed, and attended the opening ceremonies at the Academy wearing a cast.

At the academy itself, Ian was quite content to be left alone, having been given a room that is both out of the way, being at the end of the hall, and making no efforts to interact with the other students beyond what was needed. A few of them however, decided to become friends with him to annoy him.

Theme: Closer to the Edge by 30 Seconds to Mars

Example Role-Play:

Ian sighed. Even for someone who didn’t sleep much tonight was going to be a long one. That test hadn’t’ been hard, he had read the answer to the question at some point so he was fairly certain that he did fine. However, no matter how he tried to convince himself he did well, that voice in the back of his head would not go away. What if, it said. For the thousandth time in two hours, Ian crushed that little voice, trying to maintain his calm façade.

Ian stood up from his bed, moving over to his laptop. He flicked the power button, turning the device on. As the hum indicated it was starting Ian leaned back considering. He hated to admit to being nervous. Ian was rather proud of his unshakable calm, yet here he was fretting like the rest of the twits. His laptop finally reached the login screen, and he typed my password with expert precision. The device whirred again, and Ian figited waited impatiently. When at last the desktop screen opened, he quickly checked the school website, and then the league one. Nothing. Ian sighed, and pushed himself away from the desk. He moved to look out the window, staring up at the stars, trying to settle his strangely jumpy nerves.

“Ian!” A voice came from the door. “Have you seen?” Ian didn’t turn or offering any sign of hearing the speaker.

“Seen what?” Ian shot back monotonously.

“The rankings!” The excited voice came again. “They just posted them!” HE blinked, whirling around, and reaching his laptop in one jumping step. He was in such a hurry he misspelled the website name three times. Finally it a page appeared. His mail inbox had one message, which he quickly double clicked on.

Reading the email three times ensured it was burned into his head forever, never to be forgotten. “I did it.” Ian mumbled. He had gotten a perfect score on the exam. Suddenly overwhelmed, Ian slumped into the desk chair in relief.

“Wow. I didn’t know you got so nervous over this.” Ian glared at the person in the doorway. “You always are so calm and controlled.”

“No one would believe you.” He said simply.

“Ruin my fun why don’t you?” The girl grumbled. Ian shrugged. “Well, I am going to sleep, since not all of use can stay up to such ungodly hours of the night.” He nodded letting her leave. Ian settled down, opening up some random sites. What caught is attention most was the latest in viral videos, a collection of videos between thirty seconds and ten minutes detailing a wave of crime that had started up. Ian frowned at them, as his nerves cooled.

Why would someone want to start up as a criminal? It was nothing short of a useless business, no black market, or anything. Still, now that he had calmed down, Ian opened the league website to survey my new rivals.

After taking a cursory look, Ian had only one thought. Twits, just like all the rest. Still, these twits could not be taken lightly, and would need to be handled with care. He had no doubt that with some thought; he could defeat any of them, although it might take a little bit of practice to work that out. Ian continued to consider this for nearly an hour.

It was nearing two in the morning, the time when he could sometimes start to sleep. Ian stood up and then promptly sat down again as strange images began to dance in front of his eyes. He tried to focus, to read and remember. It was impossible however, as Ian could literally feel these images failing to be remembered well, as headache set in. He tried to see what they were, but they were blurred, and it was unlikely he would remember anyway, since his memory seemed to have defaulted for a time.

As the images stopped Ian took a moment to compose myself, before he unceremoniously planted his face in his laptop keyboard and fell asleep.

[starter||POKEMON]

Pokemon: Eevee
Nickname: Abigale

Personality: Abigale is calm, and somewhat reserved in dealing with both people and other Pokémon. She is not timid, but tends to shy away from people, opting to be by herself at all times. In battle however, she is quick and alert, preferring to defeat her foes as quickly as possible, instead of fighting a prolonged battled. She has some scruples about accepting seemingly stupid orders, i.e. orders that go against her survival instincts.

Unique Traits: None, as this was written at midnight and I want to sleep now.

Last edited:
Whoa, it's back! (too bad the last one died though. D: )

I might consider signing up for Bulbasaur, but I'm not sure if I'll have time as school is starting this week; I'll see what I can do.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
@Angelic: Hope you don't mind me shortening your name lol, but everything checks out and it looks great. Accepted.

@SoulMuse: It's a decent SU, but i feel you need a bit more meat and substance in your history section. Also, I don't think writing in first person will fit in very well while the rest of us will be writing in the third person. Just try to adjust these things and I'll get back to you.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Okay, I fixed the History. That really should have been longer to start with....

I also changed the Example to Third person. I personally prefer it, and having been in RPs with both used, I don't find it hard to follow. Still, it is your call.

Chili

Oh I didn't see that. So I got to sign up?
Name: Hedge Goldenwood.
Academy: Cerulean.
Pokedex Color: Green.

Description: Hedge has Purple Eyes and has many scars on his body from his journey. His hair is quite curly and is auburn colored. Hedge is about 5 feet tall and is 115 pounds. He is quite tan and has quite an athletic body, When he is really hot he wears a underarmor Tank Top that's green. (You know those athletic looking ones.) And Plaid Green and Blue pants. When he is really cold he wears a Red Vest with black sleeves that has a snake like writing that says SP. His pants would be either grey and black sweatpants or striped Green Skinny Jeans. Hedge is very skinny for his age and is sometimes poked fun at by the chubbier kids because of this. He doesn't care because he would never want to be an obese kid.

Personality: Hedge is very shy and very quiet. When trying to meet new friends or talking to people he often mumbles softly. He is frightened easily. But in the forest and when no one is around he is very caring towards everything. And he likes to run and jump and swing from tree to tree. He can be very talkative if he wants too. Hedge is very very very sensitive. He cries about the simplest insults. But when Hedge has had enough, He's had enough. He turns into a raging angry frustrated running boy. He can scare other people easily. And likes to be happy and laugh. He is pretty funny but is also very clumsy.

Hedge never was shy before. He became very quiet and sensitive because One Day, His Uncle and Aunt were killed in a terrible terrible accident. He was very close to them and moped for weeks. Soon he stopped moping but was still very sad. So he turned quiet and shy. Some say Hedge is weird because of that. He just shrugs it off because he doesn't really care.

History: Hedge as I said before had his first major part of his childhood at age 9 when his Aunt and Uncle were killed in a terrible, terrible accident. At age 10 he decided he was ready for a journey. He chose a Squirtle because he liked it's Personality and it's Appearance. On his second day of his journey he was ready to give up because he didn't like the way Squirtle and other Pokemon treated him. But he continued because he wanted to be strong and his last call from his Uncle was he was proud of Hedge and wanted him to do great things in his life. That was his inspiration. Nothing major had happened after that. Until age 13 and a half. He had came back for school to learn a little bit more and he had studied long enough and hard enough and his Mother got a letter telling Her and Hedge he had been accepted into the academy. Hedge was really shocked, surprised, and excited. He turned 14 two weeks after on February 1st. He is currently going to The Academy for his first day.

Theme: Empire State Of Mind. Jay- Z Ft. Alisha Keys.

Example Role-Play: Hedge was scrolling his face-dex rapidly when suddenly he came upon a blog about an evil gang who had stolen many Pokemon and hurt many people and their Pokemon. "What the hell is this?" Hedge said clicking the page and crooking his neck. Why would they do this? Who are these damn people? Hedge thought to himself. He finished reading it and was very puzzled. He went to bed because he felt so exhausted. But before he decided to see who is rivals were. Girls and Boys were pictured on every inch of the page. They looked pretty tough but he was up for that. He was about to fall asleep when he blacked out for a second and a huge shiver went all over him. "What the hell was that? It felt as crazy as sh*t." Hedge whispered to himself quietly. He stretched, yawned and fell asleep without a clue what that shiver and blackout was.

[starter||POKEMON]

Pokemon: Eevee.
Nickname: Jack.
Personality: Jack is very encouraging and crazy. If he were a human he would be very talkative. This sometimes makes him very annoying to other people but Hedge doesn't mind. Jack likes to think of himself as a very tough handsome Jack which makes him seem very self centered and everyone knows it.

Unique Traits: Jack is unlike most Eevee. because he can use telekinesis. (Tell me if this is too much.)

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
#SoulMuse
Okay, well it was a bit hard to read and concentrate on because everything looked like one giant wall of text, and it did lack some substance to most areas. A few things were a bit unbelievable about Ian, one being the fact he towers over probably everyone else he would ever meet at six feet three inches at the age of sixteen with an athletic build, all on only TWO hours of sleep a night because of his insomnia? Not really believable man, and your roleplay example was lacking in substance in my opinion. Well overall, sorry to say i must reject you. But you're welcome to try again.

#Chili
Well okay Chili, you're writing is a bit bland and choppy for my taste. And since you didn't see my posts of updates, given that you didn't know that no reservation were being accepted, i would assume you also didn't know that Cerulean students are only allowed either Pikachu or Eevee. Squirtle belongs to the original trio given at the Pallet Academy. Most sections were far too short. Sorry, but you are also ​rejected.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hm...yeah, I see where you are coming from on most of it, kinda my fault for writing it at midnight. When I get back from marching band practice, I ma going to redo a big chunk of several parts, and add a couple things. However, could you PM/VM or even post here for that matter, what you might like to see improved on the RP sample?

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Name: Evan Redwood

Academy: Pallet

Pokedex color: Brown

Appearance: Evan is five foot 6, and fairly skinny. He is not fat or muscular, just tall and thin. Although his is lean like an athlete, he is not very athletic. He wears glasses most of the time, but only needs them for seeing long distance and reading signs that are far away. He usually wears plain cloths, shorts, and t-shirts in warm weather, jeans and long sleeve shirts in cold weather. He is told he has "cute" dimples when he smiles, but he honestly can't see it.

He has messy, scraggy brown hair and big brown eyes. His hair is medium length for a boy, and he keeps it that way. His skin is white, and lightly tanned, due to days at the ocean. His favorite cloths to wear are a black t-shirt with a pure white pokeball on it, and a pair of tan, khaki shorts. His preferred shoes are a pair of white sneakers with black laces. He wears a pair of short white socks in warm weather, and longer black socks in cold weather.

Personality: Evan is not always very social and prefers to be alone. He tries to be nice to everyone, and mostly. He sometimes just blocks people out though, listening to other sounds. When that happens, people can be talking right next to him and he won’t notice. Also, he tends to be invisible to other people. He often tries to look intimidating, so no one will think he's weak. He loves to make people laugh and tells jokes whenever he can. He has bits of depression though, where he sulks and won’t talk to anyone.

His Pokémon try and comfort him, but they rarely get any progress. Another unique trait of his is an extreme eye for detail. Most of the time this is annoying. He often points out things like coins scattered on the ground or a strangely shaped twig or rock. But on occasion, he notices things that really matter. Things that wouldn’t seem out of place, like ice in a glass of water in a house that hasn’t been lived in in weeks.

History: Born in Pallet town, he only lived there for about three years. Then his parents moved away with him to Cinnabar Island. He loved it there so much, although his parent’s reasons for moving were never revealed their reasons. He spent his days swimming in the ocean, climbing mountains, and exploring the old abandoned mansion. When he was five, he saw a wailord swimming past the island.

That day he became obsessed with pokemon.

His childhood was pretty normal. He was bullied a bit in middle school, but things got better in high school, where he got tall enough not to be messed with. He hung out with a kind of unruly crowd of kids. One day, they dared him to go into the old abandoned mansion, not knowing he had done so before. He entered, and spent about half an hour with some of the pokemon he had met in the past. Two koffings, and a muk. After the half an hour he had agreed on with the kids, he left. When he got outside, he saw those same guys. They must have been bored, because they were pelting a caterpie with rocks. Evan ran to save it, but was too late. A rock had done in the bug pokemon.

That day, Evan decided to become a pokemon trainer. He enrolled in the Pallet academy when he was 15. He is now 17.

He has met the Cinnabar island Gym leader, Blaine, but barely knows him. He met Blaine, strangely enough, at the towns pokemart. Not really a historic place, but Gym leaders need items too. Evan is single; past relationships were not particularly long or succesful. He is very shy around the opposite sex, blushing if anything remotely romantic or steamy occurs.

Song: We are the crazy ones; by Stellar Revival

Rp Sample:

Evan told his Mom he was going for a walk. He liked to turn his cell phone off for these walks. He often saw wild pokemon, and he liked the calmness of the beach. He passed through the neighborhood, saying high to any who he knows. For a moment, he thought he saw Cinnabars gym leader, Blaine. But the glance was over too fast to tell.
He had filled out the most difficult test he had in his life. All he really hoped was to pass. He was having a lot of fun at this academy, and maybe, someday, he would go on his own journey. But for now, he was fairly content with his life as it was. Occasional daydreams of journeying filled his thoughts during these daytime walks.

Staring off in the distance, he saw what appeared to be a lapras. But Evan had swum out there before, only to realize it was a weirdly shaped rock. A lot of people were fooled by this. A couple wingull dot the sky far above.

Without warning, Evan’s sight of the shoreline was replaced with some strange, black shapes on a brown, stone wall. Like ancient writing in temples once populated by now long gone civilizations. These strange marks disappear as fast as they arrived. As they left his vision, they left a burning, painful, rash-like sensation across his body. Out of instinctual reaction to pain, he fell over and landed on his hands and knees. But as soon as he hit the sand, the pain dissipated. Slowly, Evan stood up, careful to not go too fast. It was like bad sunburn doubled with a knuckle punch to the head.

Standing up, it was as if the pain had never occurred. But it scared him nonetheless. He hurried home, ready to ask his parents to take him to the doctor. Just as he entered town, he remembered to turn on his phone. As he did, he was bombarded by the annoying ringtone.

“Hello?” Evan asked attentively.

“DID YOU HEAR?!?” An extremely loud voice answered on the other end. It was Daniel, one of Evans rowdy gangwannabee friends. Evan had to hold the phone away from him for a moment.

“What the heck is it?” Evan replied.

“Dude, get online NOW! You made it, you little @#$#!” Daniel hung up with that.

Evan continued to run home, no longer caring about what happened earlier. Once he got home, he realized his parents were not there. Now he was worried. His imagination took over, coming up with horrible scenarios. Getting to his room, he quickly logged onto his laptop.

The main web page that opened up was the regular Kanto News page. One of the current events was the results from the Kanto Academies. Last on the list, was the name of Evan Redwood. Standing there, Evan was in complete shock. People told him he was smart, but he never expected to be this good. His jaw literally dropped upon seeing the results. He checked several other websites before he was completely convinced he had made the cut.

He stared at the screen for five, maybe even ten minutes before freaking out. And he may have defined the phrase then and there. Jumping around the room, hooting and whooping and jumping on the bed. Logging onto other websites, he quickly told all he closest friends about the news. Most already knew, because the news had been released while Evan was on his walk.

His parents got back about half an hour later. They had gotten the news beforehand, and gone to town to get some things. Specifically, a cake to celebrate. That night, they went to Evan’s favorite restaurant. Once back home, they surprised him with a gift. An empty pokeball to use on his journey. As the night progressed, his parents had long discussions with him on being responsible and safe on his journey. Usual parent stuff. His dad was syked to know which Pokémon Evan would get or choose. His dad was hoping for charmander. His mother wanted something nonviolent and cute, like skitty. Both suggestions say a lot about their personalities.

Evan went to bed a few hours later. Before that, he spent the night relaxing in his room, looking up his fellow winners. This led him to searching videos of Pokémon battles, trying to put together a team in his head. And of course, like many things on the computer, this led to funny Pokémon videos. Many links later, he saw a depressing video of some kid’s poochyena being stolen. In fact, it led to many more similar videos with various crimes. Not wanting to end his night in a depressing fashion, Evan logged off soon after seeing the crimes.

Starter Pokemon
Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: Zaur
Personality: While Evan is goofy and a little unprofessional, Zaur is a bit of a foil to him. Zaur feels like an expert and professional, even though he is a beginner as well. He takes things seriously, and isn’t big on jokes or making light of a battle situation. All this aside, he does care for Evan, and has a good deal of respect for him. He is often ready to go and wants to prepare for any giving situation.

Last edited: