• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

.pocket//TRAINER [R-15] Discussion Thread

Oh, ok. No, it's alright, it helps! Thanks.

Which reminds me...my next post here will probably be the inventory post...

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
.bag//INVENTORY
Money:
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Key Items and Misc.:
Extra Clothes
Sleeping Bag
Pocket Watch
Dried Fruit and Beef Jerky
Mysterious Gameboy Color

Trainer Items:
5 Pokeballs
3 Potions

.pc//STORAGE
Empty

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
I was supposed to do that, right?

So glad I made it

Missed a lot.

Will think of first post.

Have to cook supper atm. TTYL.

Niihyl

Posthuman
[.el//INVENTORY]
Money:
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png

Key Items and Misc.:

Extra Clothes
Sleeping Bag
Basic Toiletries
Mysterious Gameboy Color

Trainer Items:

Poké Ball x5
Potion x3

[.pc//STORAGE]
Empty

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
For the 'not changed appearance' I think that's part of our amnesia. We don't remember what we were wearing before, so we don't realize that we're wearing anything particularly different.

Yes, sorry if I wasn't particularly clear with this. I guess sometimes I just assume everyone thinks as crazy and stupidly as I do -_____- Anyways, yes. This is what I meant.

As for the inventory, is the Gameboy Color supposed to be in the inventory too or is it for something else entirely?

Oh! Yes, that belongs in your inventory. It seems I forgot to add that in my inventory, don't make the same mistake :p

So, our starting inventories contain some basic items like sleeping bags, clothes, etc.? Just want to make sure everything's in order.

As for... Pokemoney, it equals yen, right? I believe that's how it works in the Japanese games. 100 yen is about 1 dollar, ignoring current day inflation and whatnot. So a basic Poke Ball at 200 Poke is about $2.00 in real life terms. So... about how much money should we have on us? Riku has 3000, I see.

Yes our starting inventories just contain real life necessities that you would take if you went camping or something. They will vary, depending on your character of course. That sounds about right, but we will all be starting with 3000. It just the standard starting money in the game as well. So yeah.

There's 649-ish Pokemon. I'm not unduly worried about repeats, but I think it should be permissible. I mean, there's Ritchie, who basically only has 'mons owned by Ash. The two are still quite different, and we're all different too. Strategy, personality, etc. And besides, might make for interesting Pokemon battles.

This brings me to my next question! Would you guys mind using Kanto only Pokemon? Being in the Kanto region, I feel like staying true to the original 151 pokemon. But of course, if you all feel strongly about this we can come to some kind of agreement. There is also the option of using pokemon that have at least one stage of their evolution in Kanto. But anyways, discuss your thoughts on this.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Alright, edited Inventory. Thanks very much for the clarifications!

As for the original 151... I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. One of the best things about Pokemon is the great variety. There are many interesting Pokemon throughout the regions, and I don't think limiting it would be fun. I mean, Gen. 1 didn't even have a Steel-Type! That's a whole type being cut out. Edit: Also, Dark Type was introduced in Gen. 2 as well, so that's two whole types that we won't have any access to, which also means that the Psychic-type's brokenness makes a return.

Also, you did write this:

Charizard_Man said:
Different Pokemon. The biomes of the region have changed since decades ago due to years of random Pokemon being released and change in weather, making the fauna the most diverse it has ever been.

... which could explain the presence of foreign Pokemon. Diversity is fun, and it's pretty much necessary if we want any semblance of uniqueness at all. After all, while there may be 151 Pokemon, there are far fewer evolution families. Having a Pidgey would eventually be the same thing as having a Pidgeot. Many types are underrepresented in early games as well. Gastly is the only ghost type family in the entire 151. Dratini's line the only dragons. There are only three families of fighting-types as well. Even the more common types such as Fire only have five or six different families to choose from. We'd be drowning in Water-types and Normal-types...

Besides, who wants to RP 'I battled another Rattata. Oh, fishing? Fifty Magikarps, twenty-five Goldeen and a couple of Tentacool. ... Dratini? Oh wait, Dratini is the only dragon and everyone else has one."

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
Besides, who wants to RP 'I battled another Rattata. Oh, fishing? Fifty Magikarps, twenty-five Goldeen and a couple of Tentacool. ... Dratini? Oh wait, Dratini is the only dragon and everyone else has one."

This.

Also: Will fix inventory soon.

Hopefully a post tonight? We'll see...

.bag//INVENTORY

Money:
iaza19657180343400.png

Key Items and Misc.

Extra Clothes
Sleeping Bag
Phone (Without Battery Charge)
Non-Edible Plant Seeds
Mysterious Gameboy Color

Trainer Items:
Empty

.pc//STORAGE

Empty

Last edited:

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ah, so I could have kept my post the way it was, then? Guess I didn't make it clear what I meant then. Damn, I liked the older version of my post far better. Well, not gonna edit it so meh, 's alright. Sorry for further confusing everyone.

Oh and I'm with Niihyl and Zalck on the Kanto Pokémon only thing. When I saw you mention different Pokémon in the chances Kanto has gone through, I kind of automatically assumed you meant Pokémon not originally from Kanto, and I, too, would prefer having more variety. Even having just Johto Pokémon in addition to the Kanto ones would help a great deal, if you don't want to include all 600+ species and five regions. Johto and Kanto are close by geographically anyway.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
.bag//INVENTORY[FONT=lucida sans

unicode]
Money: [/FONT]
Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
[FONT=lucida sans

unicode]3000

Key Items and Misc.:
Cellphone and cords for it
Headphones
Game Boy Color
Packet of Pocky
Sleeping bag
Extra clothes

[/FONT]Trainer Items:
Empty

.pc//STORAGE
Empty

Yeah, and I'm gonna have to agree with the other three too. Although including Pokemon from Unova might be a bit of a stretch, it would be nice to include at least Johto (Or maybe Hoenn as well? Maybe not?) and like they all said, variety's fun.

(There aren't much arguments for me to use here, so I'll just support what they all said)

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Even having just Johto Pokémon in addition to the Kanto ones would help a great deal, if you don't want to include all 600+ species and five regions. Johto and Kanto are close by geographically anyway.

That's only logical, to have Johto pokemon in Kanto after sixteen years. Okay, I will NOT be including Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon. Unless of course you evolve-for example-a tangela into a tangrowth. But in the wild there will be a plethora of Kanto and Johto pokemon, with a few Hoenn species scattered around the region. With a limit of two repeats on your final team that you share with other players. Sound god guys? Let me know, I'll update all of the inventory stuff right now and I'll post Part B after.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Sounds good to me. Oh, will you be telling us what Pokémon appear in each area as we go, or do we decide that ourselves (long as it makes sense - no Goldeen in a desert, etc)?

Either way, looking forward to part B.

Zalck

Back Again...
Have to work until 10:30 Central tonight. I'll think of a good post there.

No Unova? I wanted that Golem guy... T.T

Niihyl

Posthuman
Eh, Kanto and Johto Pokemon plus rare Hoenn is okay with me.

I'm at Model United Nations... Geek.
Won't be back until Saturday, but might get a post up before, if I ever catch a moment of free time.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Writing a post, will try to get it done today.

Oh, just wanna make sure; you mentioned that there were farms near Pallet. So, am I right in assuming some cattle-like Pokémon could be grazing about nearby (and confusing the heck outta Sigur 8P)?

Niihyl

Posthuman
What happened to everyone? I expected a post or two to be up by the time I got back. Anywho, I've posted.

Also, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps we should ease up on the long, detailed posts? I mean, quality is never a bad thing, but feeling obligated to write 1,000+ word posts all the time makes it less likely that people will post often and keep this alive... We all worked hard for this, so none of us wants to see this die, right? We could save the literary masterpieces for important battles and Pokemon captures...

I'm not suggesting that we go with the 200 word absolute minimum, but moderation is the key to success, right?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
For me, school happened 8C That and other obligations.

I see where you're coming from and I'll try to tone it down too, if everyone agrees that'd be for the best. It's just that it seriously takes me more time and effort to trim a post down than to... just write a long one. Hum. But I can put the effort in of course, if that helps. Just... *glances at post in the making and realizes it's 600+ words and still not in Oak's lab yet* ... Imma make a long one just this once at least, 'kay? 8>