• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

.pocket//TRAINER [R-15] Discussion Thread

Yeah, sorry for not posting! My computer hasn't been turning on for some reason so I have to type up the post again on a different computer... all that hard work, wasted. And then there's the fact that spring break ends for me tomorrow. Ugh.

I can see where you're going with the long posts thing. But then again the people who can type long posts by design might have just a little trouble with that... XD

Niihyl

Posthuman
Eh, mine was like 1,500 words too.

I suppose my point is 'relax', not 'do more work by forcing posts to be short'. After all, setting the imaginary bar so high that it becomes a slog to reach it for every single post doesn't seem like the best course of action. Additionally, excellence in capture posts and gym battles - where excellence is required - becomes all the harder. There will probably be points in the RP for simple interaction, and if we feel like saying two sentences to the guy next to you requires 1,000 words... no. But on the other hand, there will be parts of the RP where long posts are necessary, especially in the episodic nature of the RP.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
What happened to everyone? I expected a post or two to be up by the time I got back. Anywho, I've posted.

Also, if I may make a suggestion, perhaps we should ease up on the long, detailed posts? I mean, quality is never a bad thing, but feeling obligated to write 1,000+ word posts all the time makes it less likely that people will post often and keep this alive... We all worked hard for this, so none of us wants to see this die, right? We could save the literary masterpieces for important battles and Pokemon captures...

I'm not suggesting that we go with the 200 word absolute minimum, but moderation is the key to success, right?
I know, it made me sad evertime i logged back on to find that no one has posted D: buuut, i understand that school and other stuff comes first. Actually, I start school again tomorrow after this awesome spring break. So that means I'll probably be a little less active, school and track will definitely take up some time. But of course, I'll always log on in between homework assignments ;)

It's just that it seriously takes me more time and effort to trim a post down than to... just write a long one.

I applaud you, this is EXACTLY how I feel alot of the time. But, if it's something we must do...we must.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@Niihyl: I get what you're saying. But I at least believe the posts will get a lot shorter eventually anyway, once we get to interacting and get the whole introduction outta the way. I know my first posts always tend to be longer, in order to help establish the character. Even I wont post a 1000+ words post when replying to a question or some such 8P

@Charizard: Heh, then you get me! But yup, will tone it down. I just posted and uh yeah... it's long though. Hope it won't be that bad a drag to read, I got carried away, I admit. I also, uh, didn't get to proofread a part of it, because my eyes refuse to look at more text for tonight. So yeah.

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Hey guys, just in case you're wondering I thought it'd be nice to let you guys in on what's coming. The next chapter will be up this weekend, since most of us have school and other activities going on weekends are going to be the time when activity will flourish. So throughout the week, just try to hang in there ;p

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Alright, will be waiting for the second chapter then! Though heh, I'm actually the busiest during the weekends, I think. 8P Well, school will be over in two and a half weeks so then I won't, but yeah. I digress. Either way, will be waiting.

Zalck

Back Again...
AWell, school will be over in two and a half weeks

This.

>also

Waiting=ALLMYRAGE! I want to get into this RP AGAIN!!!! :) Miss you guys!

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Alright, sounds awesome! I'm probably going to catch a Mareep or somethin'. Or a Rattata. *insert top percentage joke here* Can't post today though, it's already pretty late and gah schoolwork.

But so... anyone wanna partner up with Sushi and get snarked at? 83

Ooh, great! And now to decide which to catch. As much as having a Poochyena would be fun, it would be out of character...so maybe a Pidgey instead? /shrug

Lucky you guys, finishing school in two weeks ;_; I have about another month to endure. And exams are starting next week, so sorry if I become inactive at that time.

Likewise, would anyone like to partner with Fern? Also if there's only five of us, does that mean someone is battling twice?

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh yeah, didn't realize there were five of us. Huh. Yeah, I'd imagine someone's battling twice then me, me, pick me!, or battling an NPC...? Heh, yeah I know the feel; I'd like to catch Mareep, but doubt Sushi would ever catch one. Not that he... even knows how to battle with Pokémon, let alone catch one. He's such a n00b at all of this.

I have some basic stuff thought out whoever I team up with. With Fern, Sushi'd try to slightly flirt with her just for the lulz (since he saw Wiz checking her out earlier), with Jabe he'd be jokingly keeping his distance and feign being scared every time he lifts a finger, with Wiz he'd be all interestedly asking which game world did he jump out from and had he ever thought about cosplaying Sailor Moon, and with El, he'd constantly be all "concerned" that he might get dirt on his precious clothes and need to get his hands dirty doing something *gasp* himself. Basically just making fun of them based on first impressions. Well, until he realizes he sucks at battling more than they do. Might shut him up for a while.

Last edited:

Niihyl

Posthuman
It's out! Yayayayayay! *Squee*

I'll battle anyone. I still need to nickname people, after all. I've got Sashimi-kun and GoldenEye so far... Let's see how exciting we can make a battle with only Tackle, Scratch, Tail Whip, and Growl... wow, Tackle is the only attacking move Eevee has until level 22... At which point it learns Quick Attack. Better evolve it quick, or rely on other 'mons.

As for Pokemon, Mareep looks to be the most useful, but Pidgey and Poochy could come in handy. My very first Shiny was a golden Poochyena... ah, the memories. A flier would be useful later on...

I just picture Val as the kind of gamer who goes 'Rattata? Garbage. No competitive value baaaaw!'

Just wait until I get my Butterfree. I'll take it to the Elite 4! 100% accurate Sleep Powder (well, in the games), abuse of Quiver Dance, Shadow Ball and Psychic makes a vicious sweeper.

Last edited:
@GH: Fern has no prior experience either, so they're in the same boat. Hehehe.

@Niihyl: Whoa, my first shiny was a Poochyena too! Took it all the way to the Elite 4. It's the only shiny I've ever used in the game.

Anyways, my post'll be up sometime between now and Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow, but I'm not exactly sure...

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
@Purple: Heh, that could make for one fun battle.

Fern: So... What are we supposed to do now?
Sushi: I dunno, heard we gotta fight with these... monsters or somethin'. *stands around* Eh, yeah, so, I'll start, I guess. *awkwardly picks Charmander up by the tail and swings it around* En garde?

You lucky bastards, you both got chocolate cookies! Well, that's what shiny Pooch always looked to me anyway. Always wanted one but no. Got a Mankey instead. The thing's green. Come on.

@GH: And then the Pokemon would be laughing (Mustard)/annoyed (Bál). Sounds interesting all right. (That is if it actually happens and they're partnered up. :p)

Niihyl

Posthuman
I might have to battle Zalck's character whose name I've totally forgotten... or Wiz, since we're the guys who know what we're doing. Cool? As for real wi-fi battles... Pokemon Online would probably be better, since it lets you specify your team from moves, IV/EVs, Levels, etc. Easier than having to go through the games, get a level 5 Bulbasaur, etc. I don't think it would be that great now, since we all have only one Pokemon, which only knows one combat move... so it'd be pretty dull. Also, RP battles are always more fun than the strict turn-based game battles.

Jabberwocky! O frabjous day, I can work with that... How about 'Snicker-snack', as the Vorpal Blade went? A little too mean/rude though. Not really Val's style. ... Okay, I'm calling him Val-el from now on. *Reference*

I boxed the Shiny Poochyena and never, ever used it. I was like seven, and I was afraid that evolving it would change it back into a normal Mightyena...

Edit:

Wait a sec, did we ever get Poke Balls? Five, I'd assume, since that's how it usually works.

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Also if there's only five of us, does that mean someone is battling twice?

No one will battle twice, the fifth trainer will just battle an NPC. Which I will most likely volunteer to do so, I want you guys to have your fun. ^__^

Wait a sec, did we ever get Poke Balls? Five, I'd assume, since that's how it usually works.

Oh yeah, my bad guys. Seemed to slip my mind, everyone got five empty pokeballs. So enjoy those :) along with three potions. So there you go, merry christmas :D

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Oh, talking about getting Pokéballs... I realized I didn't give Sushi any kind of bag, so unless they give him one at the lab, I think I'm gonna need to trim down his inventory.

@Purple: Hmm, so if Charizard volunteers to battle an NPC and Nii and Zalck are gonna go at it, guess that leaves us to have our fight after all, huh? 8P

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Actually Niihyl, we don't have our pokedexs yet. And the idea for Part A was to collaborate and have ONE post for the both of you.