• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poetry Commotion! (331)

Heracross

Custom User Title
Yamato-san said:
BTW, someone earlier said Typhlosion's original name is "Bakuran" or something, but allow me to correct that person and say it's "Bakufuun".

Yeah, that was me.^_^; I guess I thought it was spelled that way because it sounded like that's what they were calling it in the Raikou Special. Now that I look more closely at the subtitles and pay a bit more attention to what they were saying I can see that it was Bakufuun.

Last edited:
Lutochris said:
Oh yeah, also how come no one's mentioned yet that Flannery stole her hairdo from Side-Show Bob? She must be a Simpsons fan.
Do you know why no one mentioned it? Cause Flannery's hair looks more like the lava that comes out of a volcano when it erupts. Fire Gym Leader... lava is real hot... get it?

Geodude

Neat little side point here...in the original, Flannery's grandfather's name was simply Mura. When they dubbed it, they changed it so the name people called him was his LAST name (Mr. Moore/Old Man Moore)...I'm assuming because it sounds more respectful or whatever to call an elderly man by his last name, at least in our culture...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Geodude said:
...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.

Of course, if Flannery's grandfather is her mother's father, then that theory doesn't work.

Regardless, what IS it with the dub and giving everyone last names, anyway?

I have no idea. But it adds to the realism and lets us learn a little more about people.
Geodude said:
Neat little side point here...in the original, Flannery's grandfather's name was simply Mura. When they dubbed it, they changed it so the name people called him was his LAST name (Mr. Moore/Old Man Moore)...I'm assuming because it sounds more respectful or whatever to call an elderly man by his last name, at least in our culture...anyway, if Moore is his last name, it could be Flannery's as well, at least in the dub. Flannery Moore...not bad.
Hey, did you steal that from my Asuna/Flannery Fan Club?

Dogasu said:
Of course, if Flannery's grandfather is her mother's father, then that theory doesn't work.

You mean except Main Characters, right?

Ash and Gary are it. Other than that, none of them have one.

Yeah, but he's called Mr. Moore, so he has a last name, we just don't know his first name, but in the Japanese version, his name is Mura.

Geodude

Dogasu said:

1. Exactly. I never said it was a certainty. :p

2. So, um, like 2 families (Ash's and Flannery's) is considered "everyone"?

R

ronster486

I personally dislike episodes with Gym Leaders with no Ash vs Gym leader battles but it was a ok episode. 4.3/10. The episode following it is alot better.

F

Factory Head Noland

This episode was just on Sky Mix and I really enjoyed it! I think Team Rocket were funny in this episode and when Meowth tried to pick up Flannery's Torkoal by itself, lol.

Rating: 8/10 Very good!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I quite liked Flannery, she's more bubbly than the other gym leaders we've encountered so far in Hoenn.

I liked the idea with grandfather sneaking up on her, wasn't expecting that, thought it would be routine like the other gym fights. It's nicely poised for the actual battle now, can't wait!

flannery!

Psychic Venusaur said:
This episode was o.k. The voice for Flannery is overused, but fits her.
The voice for her grandfather was used three times in the last episode (Sean Schemmel) and is now used again.
It was nice to see Typhlosion. The only other time it was seen was in the Rustboro Pokemon School, where it got limited coverage

7.5/10

Flannery's voice was cool and it was the same voice as cassidy's(it listened closely you would know) and i never saw typhlosion before and it kept its japenes voice.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I just recently saw the Japanese version of this episode, so I can't vouch for any of the dub complaints. But I will say that the Japanese version of this episode had some VERY good animation, especially during Asuna's introduction. From the point where Asuna runs back and forth with her robe on fire to the point where Masato drags Takeshi away by the ear was a period of lavish direction. I notice these sorts of things - not only am I an animation geek, but there's not much else to do when you can't understand a word of Japanese (although the voice acting was great in this one, especially Hayashibara Megumi's performance as Musashi when she's relaxing in the hot spring).

V

vulpix

this episode is soo good i could just watch it over and over and never get bored.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
I thought it was cute at the beginning when Team Rocket is in the hot springs and when Jessie says "Last one in the scented baths is a rotten Exeggcute!", James and Meowth submerge themselves under water and mumble "Oooh...Scented baths..." That was so funny!

S

Shiny May

It was a nice introduction of Flannery and good to see a starter gymleader. You don't see that very often. Typhlosion looks cool and overall I have to say it was a good episode.

G

Geki

I liked this episode, Flannery and her Grandfather were awesome characters. I liked when her Grandpa used Typhlosion on Team Rocket.

8/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
The funniest parts of this episode had to be James criticizing the grandfather for spying with binoculars, and Team Rocket's reactions when they found out he was spying on his own family. ROFLOL :D It was definitely interesting to see a rookie gym leader who's just learning everything that goes with being one. At least that was a bit different. I liked how the grandfather kept popping in secretly trying to help her too.

Flannery is a cute , cool , HOT , sweat , beatyfull , lovely , pokemon Trainer .
I love hear .
I never saw that episode on television .
Is this episode cool ???
What does she in that episode ???
A Battle ???
I want to now it .
Where can you download that episode ???