• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poison-Type Pokemon CLub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeWulf

Username: BladeWulf
Why you like Poison Types: They include snakes, dangerous Insects, living piles of garbage, poison gas, and Muk, and a pair of poison-pointed dinosaurs that are the King and Queen.
Favorite Poison Type: Tie between Arbok and the NidoRoyals. Oh, and Scoliopede.

BugPokemonMaster316

Username: BladeWulf
Why you like Poison Types: They include snakes, dangerous Insects, living piles of garbage, poison gas, and Muk, and a pair of poison-pointed dinosaurs that are the King and Queen.
Favorite Poison Type: Tie between Arbok and the NidoRoyals. Oh, and Scoliopede.

Welcome to the club!

Now, a new topic!

What Poison Types have you used in-game or plan to use?

Discuss.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
i have used crobat,gengar,Arbok, venasuar and a few others in game gameplay through.....Im thinking what others ill use...ill probably use that new posion/water seashorse ^_^ he looks like he on insert here*

BugPokemonMaster316

i have used crobat,gengar,Arbok, venasuar and a few others in game gameplay through.....Im thinking what others ill use...ill probably use that new posion/water seashorse ^_^ he looks like he on insert here*

I have used all the ones you listed, barring Gengar, as well as Nidoking in FireRed, Victreebell in LeafGreen, and Toxicroak in Diamond.

I also plan to use Skrelp. Looks like it has a lot of potential to evolve into something even more epic looking.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I have used all the ones you listed, barring Gengar, as well as Nidoking in FireRed, Victreebell in LeafGreen, and Toxicroak in Diamond.

I also plan to use Skrelp. Looks like it has a lot of potential to evolve into something even more epic looking.

oh yeah i have used nidoking before as well as queen....I used alot more poisons then i thought XD but yeah i can't wait to seee skrelp evolution :) also lol shadow you never used any other poison besides crobat :eek: im counting all the pokemon games i have played even past games like red and blue...

BugPokemonMaster316

oh yeah i have used nidoking before as well as queen....I used alot more poisons then i thought XD but yeah i can't wait to seee skrelp evolution :) also lol shadow you never used any other poison besides crobat :eek: im counting all the pokemon games i have played even past games like red and blue...

Yeah, I'm getting anxious to see Skrelp's evolution. There's so much potential.

We'll probably have to wait until the games come out to see it.

Also, I've used more Poison types that I originally thought. I have also used Vileplume once as well as Venomoth and Drapion.

BladeWulf

if we're talking from the very beginning, most of them, save swalot, skuntank, quillfish and a few others mostly because they're... not exactly my cup of tea for poison types, or because i... never quite got around to finding them. Working on getting a Toxicroak for a rain team though. Loved that pokemon for a while now, just never got to use him. Would love to use the Nidoroyals but i have to catch the male and female and i can only work with the children.
oh and Crobat of course. Main flying type in some of my playthroughs in the past. :D

BugPokemonMaster316

Poison Type Pokémon of the Week is here!

Pokémon: Crobat
169.gif

Tier: UU
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
EV Spread: 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4HP
Moves:
Toxic
Taunt
Brave Bird
Poison Fang/Protect
Summary: Crobat is a somewhat frail Pokémon, sporting defenses with a base of 80. However, this Pokémon does have the ability to run either a Special or Physical moveset, along with a diverse moveset. The Crobat I run, is a Physical attacker, running Brave Bird and Poison Fang. Adding to it's attack allows Brave Bird to do a decent amount of damage to threats in OU, such as Scizor and Breloom. Toxic is added in to increase the amount of damage done, and also to eat away at bulky threats. Taunt is used specifically for Swords Dancers or those who use Nasty Plot. Protect can be used instead of Poison Fang, allowing you to gain back health lost from Brave Bird, and also to get more Toxic damage on the opponent. However, if running Protect, it is advised to put the maximum number of EVs into HP and the remaining into Attack. The only thing stopping Crobat from going into OU, are it's frail defenses. Sure, it can outspeed most OU Pokémon, but Terrakion is much faster when Choiced. Also, the number of Steel-Types in OU often render Toxic and Poison Fang useless. They resist Brave Bird, and can be hard to take down. Overall, Crobat is an exceptional Pokémon in UU, but falls short in OU. While it can still be used, there are many threats to it. Hopefully, upon the release of Fairy Type, Poison will gain the rumored boost, possibly pushing the purple bat into OU.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Sweet buttons, and on topic the poison type I always have on my pokemon squads is muk, he is just a beast in Spd and his sludge bomb is very powerful so he's always the one I use in all gens if catchable.crobat is great choice I've only used him once in gen 2 but he's pretty good.

BladeWulf

three days and no responses? okay. Maybe a different topic?
Like...
What Poison Type Pokemon would you like to see get a Mega Form?

Last edited:

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Username:Sylveon
Why you like Poison Types:poison is the most underrated type, and I have a winning habit of going through Battle Towers/Trainer Tower/Trainer Hill/Battle Frontier/Battle Subways/Battle Institute runs with them. And the thought of throwing filthy sludge, powders, spores, garbage, venoms, acids and stingers while slashing, cutting and biting with blades and fangs tipped, dipped, filled with or steeped in Poison makes me feel like a ninja sent to assassinate my Jonin's enemy. It feels so cool!
Favorite Poison Type:Victreebel:It looks cool(I have a shiny one), it uses acid to melt prey alive, can whip and slash opponents, fire Bullet Seeds and Bug Bite prey in half And it even can steal your opponents items! Victreebel may not be competition-oriented, but it still holds a special place in my heart along with Blissey and Sylveon.

BugPokemonMaster316

Username:Sylveon
Why you like Poison Types:poison is the most underrated type, and I have a winning habit of going through Battle Towers/Trainer Tower/Trainer Hill/Battle Frontier/Battle Subways/Battle Institute runs with them. And the thought of throwing filthy sludge, powders, spores, garbage, venoms, acids and stingers while slashing, cutting and biting with blades and fangs tipped, dipped, filled with or steeped in Poison makes me feel like a ninja sent to assassinate my Jonin's enemy. It feels so cool!
Favorite Poison Type:Victreebel:It looks cool(I have a shiny one), it uses acid to melt prey alive, can whip and slash opponents, fire Bullet Seeds and Bug Bite prey in half And it even can steal your opponents items! Victreebel may not be competition-oriented, but it still holds a special place in my heart along with Blissey and Sylveon.

Welcome to the club!
Feel free to start a topic, contribute to the current one, and use a button in the OP!

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
What Poison Type Pokemon would you like to see get a Mega Form?

Victreebel. Victreebel's could design a Mega Evolution inspired by Audrey II's final form from Little Shop or Horrors, with Multiple mouths on vines with a row of toxic teeth on each.(Add some elements of the Malboros from the Final Fantasy series+acid breath and it will be a masterpiece!)

Status
Not open for further replies.