• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poison-Type Pokemon CLub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Welcome to the club!

Guys, I am back! My laptop is fixed and I can actually discuss with you guys again! However, cagedWINGS and silentdevil, you will both receive a strike for going off topic.

Now, the good news:
I have updated the members list
A tournament should happen soon
Claims will be added! Just post which Poison Pokémon you want to claim!
PTOTW is back! Let's kick things off with some voting:

Poison-Type of the Week:
Toxicroak: 1
Drapion: 0
Victreebel: 0

Oh, sorry for going off topic >_____<;;

I vote Drapion!

What are these claims exactly?

In other Poisoney news, for those who haven't got their copy of X&Y yet, Dragalge is an absolute monster! I find a combination of Toxic and Venoshock wrecks nearly anything standing.

With the new Fairy-types I feel that Dragalge is the only viable Dragon-type now because obviously, Poison beats Fairy. I was expecting Fairy moves to hot Dragalge for neutral damage; nupe, Fairy moves are not very effective against our Poison/Dragon kelp monster :D. The only Fairy-types it has trouble with are Mawille and Klefki, but everyone should have a Ground-type Earthquaker on their team anyway, right guys?.

Last edited:

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I vote Toxicroak.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Username: BAP Blackjack
Why you like Poison Types: As much as they are underrated, they have creative designs. And because Poison has an edge against Fairy, its true potential is unfolding!
Favorite Poison Type: Drapion

I would like to vote for Drapion for the Poison Pokémon Type of the Week

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Username: Cheeseonaplate
Why you like Poison Types: Their concept and the fact that they can use some pretty cool moves (eg: clear smog, toxic/toxic spikes, gastro acid, etc.)
Favorite Poison Type: Oddish, Vileplume, Koffing, Gengar, Muk

Username: BAP Blackjack
Why you like Poison Types: As much as they are underrated, they have creative designs. And because Poison has an edge against Fairy, its true potential is unfolding!
Favorite Poison Type: Drapion

I would like to vote for Drapion for the Poison Pokémon Type of the Week
Welcome to the club guys! Feel free to join our discussion or start a new topic!

Oh, sorry for going off topic >_____<;;

I vote Drapion!

What are these claims exactly?

In other Poisoney news, for those who haven't got their copy of X&Y yet, Dragalge is an absolute monster! I find a combination of Toxic and Venoshock wrecks nearly anything standing.

With the new Fairy-types I feel that Dragalge is the only viable Dragon-type now because obviously, Poison beats Fairy. I was expecting Fairy moves to hot Dragalge for neutral damage; nupe, Fairy moves are not very effective against our Poison/Dragon kelp monster :D. The only Fairy-types it has trouble with are Mawille and Klefki, but everyone should have a Ground-type Earthquaker on their team anyway, right guys?.

You simply state which Poison-Type you want to claim. There's no real purpose, other than to basically state which one is your favorite. If you still have trouble, click the banner in my sig and it will take you to the OP of my other club. A good example of a claim list is there.

Poison-Type of the Week:
Toxicroak: 2
Drapion: 2
Victreebel: 2

And it looks like we're all tied up at the moment!

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
Welcome to the club!

Guys, I am back! My laptop is fixed and I can actually discuss with you guys again! However, cagedWINGS and silentdevil, you will both receive a strike for going off topic.

Now, the good news:
I have updated the members list
A tournament should happen soon
Claims will be added! Just post which Poison Pokémon you want to claim!
PTOTW is back! Let's kick things off with some voting:

Poison-Type of the Week:
Toxicroak: 1
Drapion: 0
Victreebel: 0

Yeah sorry about that, we somehow started talking about steel type pokemon. Anyways I vote Drapion.

Cheeseonaplate

I'll vote for Victreebel

BladeWulf

uh... sorry. again. Just got X and Y and have been playing X far too much... {and using Poison Jab on a Mega Evolved Lucario to punch a hole in the fairy gym}... anyway...

is it alright to hold off on my claim as i've not really been as active as i would like? if not... can i choose gengar?

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Finally adopted my clock signature, and wow does it look nice. Skorupi looks so suspicious and angry, <3

Unfortunately, none of the current Poison banners look quite right with it, so I went back to a button. I might switch between this and the TCG art banner occasionally, because both look smashing.

I'll try to get a list down of everyone's claims tomorrow, since a lot of people are doing them now. Feel free to claim a Pokemon that hasn't been claimed already, there's no real restriction!

(Also, I feel like Mega Pokemon should count as separate claims from their normal counterparts, but I'm not sure. Anyone want to give their opinion?)

Last edited:

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Hm. I'm not sure. I guess they do count as seperate Pokemon, but not really? I'm not sure.

If you break it down technically, Mega Evolutions are just another form of Evolution. If we wanted to stop two different people having both Gengar and Mega Gengar, then we'd have to stop people having Gastly and Haunter if someone has already claimed Gengar.

To be honest I don't think it matters too much as we only have one Mega Poison-type. I also think that it wouldn't be fair on the other members of the club if someone picked Mega Gengar because he's kinda an 'elite' Pokemon, so it sorta gives that impression that that member is more 'elite' than the others. If anything the group leader should take Mega Gengar.

Sorry my post is contradicting itself a little bit. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
List of claimed Pokemon so far

1. Missingno. Master: Weezing ;110;

2. Toxicity: Skorupi ;451;

3. Sylveon: Victreebell ;071;

4. Tiestik: Ekans ;023;

5. Astral Shadow: Koffing ;109;

6. SiLeNtDeViL609: Nidoking ;034;

7. Shiny Swalot: Swalot ;317;

8. Crobatman: Zubat ;041;

9. cagedWINGS: Drapion ;452;

10. BladeWulf: Gengar ;094;

Hm. I'm not sure. I guess they do count as seperate Pokemon, but not really? I'm not sure.

If you break it down technically, Mega Evolutions are just another form of Evolution. If we wanted to stop two different people having both Gengar and Mega Gengar, then we'd have to stop people having Gastly and Haunter if someone has already claimed Gengar.

To be honest I don't think it matters too much as we only have one Mega Poison-type. I also think that it wouldn't be fair on the other members of the club if someone picked Mega Gengar because he's kinda an 'elite' Pokemon, so it sorta gives that impression that that member is more 'elite' than the others. If anything the group leader should take Mega Gengar.

Sorry my post is contradicting itself a little bit. I'm just thinking out loud really.
I don't feel the same way about it being elite. It's stronger than most Poison types, yes, but claiming is about what Pokemon you like, not about which Pokemon are strong. Otherwise, I would have chosen something like Poison form Arceus instead of Skorupi! If someone's favorite Poison Pokemon is Gengar's mega form, I think they should be able to pick that as their claim.

Also, we have two mega Poison types: Mega Venusaur and Mega Gengar. ;)

P.S.: Don't worry about thinking out loud. I do it all the time!

Last edited:

BugPokemonMaster316

Victreebell is the winner! I will get the article up by Tuesday!

Also, I have some amazing news. It is with great pleasure that I proudly present Toxicity with the title of Co-Owner! He has kept track of many things while I was absent, including new members and claims, as well as keeping the discussion alive. Thanks for everything!

As far as claims go, you are able to claim Mega Pokémon.

Cheeseonaplate

Could I claim Vileplume?

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
congratulations toxicity!

as far as my opinion is over mega evolutions, I guess they are also different pokemon, because they evolve with the help of stones, just like evolution stones

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I completely forgot about Mega Venusaur!

Shame on me. I'm a mahoosive Bulbasaur fan too. I think I just died a little bit inside..

Congrats to Toxicity :).

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Victreebell is a glass cannon; it's rather frail, but it hits hard on both the physical and special ends, and in the sun it becomes fast enough to overcome its defenses.

I don't think the pitcher plant will remain as useful post-Drought nerf; Venusaur is much more versatile and useful out of sun, as is Sawsbuck. But Victreebell will always have the advantage of looking way meaner and more intimidating than both of those wimps.

In other news, I'm playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS version) and rocking the Dragonmaiden switch axe. Poison's fun no matter what the game. :D Anyone else here a MH fan?
Also, I have some amazing news. It is with great pleasure that I proudly present Toxicity with the title of Co-Owner! He has kept track of many things while I was absent, including new members and claims, as well as keeping the discussion alive. Thanks for everything!
Oh wow. Thanks a bunch. :)

I completely forgot about Mega Venusaur!
Considering that it's basically Venusaur with a flower on its head and a few more vines, it is pretty forgettable. :p

Could I claim Vileplume?
Yep!

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I'm a MH fan. I have both 3DS and Wii U versions of Ultimate.

I agree about the poison thing. It is awesome no matter the game! I'm a Hunting Horn user myself, and the poison horn is a freaking coffin!!! That's just the coolest ever. Not to mention one of the thunder horns is an electric guitar! Yeah HH is just the coolest weapon in the MH series.

Back on subject, I've never been too bothered about Victreebel to be fair. How many Grass/Poison types have we had at this point? I'd rather always prefer to take Roserade, Venusaur or Amoongus. Here I am again contradicting myself because I vaguely remember pretty much slating Roserade and Amoongus.

I change my mind, Amoongus 4lyf. Roserade eh.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
So, guess what I caught yesterday- a Shiny Skrelp! :D She's now a Dragalge, and it's awesome! I had heard of this new method of Shiny hunting called chain fishing, so I tried it out for myself. It was pretty frustrating at first, until I actually got something out of it!

And that's not all- just today, I stumbled across a Gulpin horde, and one of them was Shiny! I've yet to evolve her, but I've already added her to the banner in my signature as a Swalot- same deal with the Shiny Hoppip I also caught yesterday, I plan to evolve it, but it hasn't actually evolved yet.

So, has anyone else had any luck with Shiny Poison-types in X or Y yet? Or Shinies in general, even?

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
So, guess what I caught yesterday- a Shiny Skrelp! :D She's now a Dragalge, and it's awesome! I had heard of this new method of Shiny hunting called chain fishing, so I tried it out for myself. It was pretty frustrating at first, until I actually got something out of it!

And that's not all- just today, I stumbled across a Gulpin horde, and one of them was Shiny! I've yet to evolve her, but I've already added her to the banner in my signature as a Swalot- same deal with the Shiny Hoppip I also caught yesterday, I plan to evolve it, but it hasn't actually evolved yet.

So, has anyone else had any luck with Shiny Poison-types in X or Y yet? Or Shinies in general, even?

Can you take a picture of the shiny Dragalge and post it? I really really want to see what it looks like.

I have not spotted any shinies in X&Y. I'm unlucky I suppose..

Status
Not open for further replies.