• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poison-Type Pokemon CLub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Sadly Weezing is not available in XY. Since the stat changes are totally hyping, which Pokémon would you like to get a buff from GameFreak?

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Can you take a picture of the shiny Dragalge and post it? I really really want to see what it looks like.
I can't do it right now, but once I get home later, definitely!

Sadly Weezing is not available in XY. Since the stat changes are totally hyping, which Pokémon would you like to get a buff from GameFreak?
Weezing could use an increase to its Special Attack, given that it gets way more special attacks than physical ones. Unless TrollFreak wised up and finally gave it access to Gunk Shot, but still, I'm hoping for an increase to its Special Attack.

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago, I fished up another Shiny Dragalge! That makes four Shinies in three days! I am on a roll!

Last edited:
Username: Ghaleonthepirate
Why you like Poison Types:They have always seemed to have the best looking Pokemon. Even first gen, when they weren't good >.<
Favorite Poison Type: Tentacruel

Also if I get accepted and we're doing claims, I would like my favorite Tentacruel ^^

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
congratulations on your shiny gulpin/swalot Missigno. Master. Wish that I had X and Y... So many shiny Gulpins found already. I am still stuck at MM-ing in Diamond

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
There are some pictures of shiny Skrelp's and Dragalge circulating around. The brown parts are purple, the purple parts are blue, and the red crown is green. They look fantastic.

Also, I have a feeling loads of kids are going to mispronounce Dragalge's name (the next Suicune, I guess). It's "Drag-al-gee" with a soft G sound like the word "algae". For some reason, the translators forgot the a.
So, guess what I caught yesterday- a Shiny Skrelp! :D She's now a Dragalge, and it's awesome! I had heard of this new method of Shiny hunting called chain fishing, so I tried it out for myself. It was pretty frustrating at first, until I actually got something out of it!

And that's not all- just today, I stumbled across a Gulpin horde, and one of them was Shiny! I've yet to evolve her, but I've already added her to the banner in my signature as a Swalot- same deal with the Shiny Hoppip I also caught yesterday, I plan to evolve it, but it hasn't actually evolved yet.

So, has anyone else had any luck with Shiny Poison-types in X or Y yet? Or Shinies in general, even?
I didn't know about the chain fishing method. I have to try that out!

This isn't in X and Y, but one of my shinies is a Nidoking. I found it back during my first FireRed playthrough and it served me well (Adamant nature, decent IVs). He's at level 100 and I'be transferred him all the way up to B2W2. Can't wait to transfer it again.
Username: Ghaleonthepirate
Why you like Poison Types:They have always seemed to have the best looking Pokemon. Even first gen, when they weren't good >.<
Favorite Poison Type: Tentacruel

Also if I get accepted and we're doing claims, I would like my favorite Tentacruel ^^
Welcome to the club! And your claim is noted.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Username: General Nonsense
Why you like Poison Types: My favorite pokemon is poison type, and poison types are awesome in general.
Favorite Poison Type: Crobat

DeGeso

Warden of Insanity
Username:DeGeso
Why I Like Poison Pokemon: They wear your opponent down slowly, and they put on the "weak" facade. Plus, they're just underrated. My first memory of Pokemon was my stuffed Tentacool doll I had.
Favorite Poison Pokemon:a tie between Swalot and Drapion

Last edited:

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
jeeh, A Swalot fan :p

while we are talking about shinies, I happen to have a Shiny Crobat on HG. And hunting for Shiny Gulpin

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Wow, Venoshock does wonders to Valerie's team! Excluding Mawile, her team was really weak to my Skrelp's Toxic and Venoshock combo. Then I just used my Gogoat to defeat it.
Poison seems to be garnering a bit more attention this gen at least.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
I still find it rediculous that Poison Fang has only 50 BP, also Cross Poison should have a higher BP so Crobat can at least have some powerful Poison type move.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Wow, Venoshock does wonders to Valerie's team! Excluding Mawile, her team was really weak to my Skrelp's Toxic and Venoshock combo. Then I just used my Gogoat to defeat it.
Poison seems to be garnering a bit more attention this gen at least.
Venoshock is always useful in single-player because the AI doesn't switch. It made my Poison monotype playthrough of Black 2 a LOT easier.
I still find it rediculous that Poison Fang has only 50 BP, also Cross Poison should have a higher BP so Crobat can at least have some powerful Poison type move.
Yeah, Poison Fang's low base power is pretty weird for the level most Pokemon learn it at. Seems like Gamefreak really overestimated the effectiveness of random Toxic.
Username: General Nonsense
Why you like Poison Types: My favorite pokemon is poison type, and poison types are awesome in general.
Favorite Poison Type: Crobat
My favorite thing about Crobat is how it evolves with friendship. Even a giant, hideous mouth with wings (Golbat) only needs a friend.

Speaking of friends, welcome to the club General!
Username:DeGeso
Why I Like Poison Pokemon: They wear your opponent down slowly, and they put on the "weak" facade. Plus, they're just underrated. My first memory of Pokemon was my stuffed Tentacool doll I had.
Favorite Poison Pokemon:a tie between Swalot and Drapion
You too, DeGeso. :)

Tentacool seems like the perfect stuffed toy with how delightfully squishy it is.

Last edited:

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Last week I began my first foray into IV breeding. I'm down on Natures, Egg Moves and EV training, but I've never done anything regarding IVs.

I decided I'd use my favourite Pokemon Drapion/Skorupi as my ginnea pig.

It is really long winded and complex, but as far as I can tell It'll be worth it.

After I have a perfect Drapion I'll be getting myself a perfect Tentacruel and Scolipede :D. It has made me consider building a new Poison-typed mono team which will obviously feature Dragalge :D.

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
My favorite thing about Crobat is how it evolves with friendship. Even a giant, hideous mouth with wings (Golbat) only needs a friend.

Speaking of friends, welcome to the club General!

I think it's cool also. And I find it amusing how a pokemon that evolves by friendship has an angry facial expression in all of its sprites. Has anyone seen what Crobat's artwork looks like in X and Y? I don't have the game yet. I hope it looks awesome.

Toxicity

Toxic to the touch
Last week I began my first foray into IV breeding. I'm down on Natures, Egg Moves and EV training, but I've never done anything regarding IVs.

I decided I'd use my favourite Pokemon Drapion/Skorupi as my ginnea pig.

It is really long winded and complex, but as far as I can tell It'll be worth it.

After I have a perfect Drapion I'll be getting myself a perfect Tentacruel and Scolipede :D. It has made me consider building a new Poison-typed mono team which will obviously feature Dragalge :D.
If you're making a poison mono-type team, always remember Gengar! It's the only fully-evolved Poison spin-blocker, and Levitate gets past Earthquake. It's also one of the few Poison types with really good stats for what it needs to do.

I think it's cool also. And I find it amusing how a pokemon that evolves by friendship has an angry facial expression in all of its sprites. Has anyone seen what Crobat's artwork looks like in X and Y? I don't have the game yet. I hope it looks awesome.
I always saw Crobat's facial expression as a more mild look of distaste or disgust... Which is still unfitting for a Pokemon that evolves by friendship.

I dunno, maybe Crobat's a sour fellow with a heart of gold.

BladeWulf

If you're making a poison mono-type team, always remember Gengar! It's the only fully-evolved Poison spin-blocker, and Levitate gets past Earthquake. It's also one of the few Poison types with really good stats for what it needs to do.

I always saw Crobat's facial expression as a more mild look of distaste or disgust... Which is still unfitting for a Pokemon that evolves by friendship.

I dunno, maybe Crobat's a sour fellow with a heart of gold.

Because he hears everyone complaining about his basic stage as one of the most annoying gen one pokemon of all time, in line with Bidoof, sentret, and ratata?
Might only be distaste or disgust now because everyone likes Crobat.
Or something...
I have no idea how to do IV breeding/Training...
Just working on getting abilities, natures and EV's right at the moment.
{hmm... reminds me... need to get more haunters for breeding purposes}.
LOVE friend safari, but i don't have anyone with a poison type yet.
Speaking of, does anyone here have a poison type Friend Safari?
Or would this be a more appropriate question to ask on the FC thread?

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Because he hears everyone complaining about his basic stage as one of the most annoying gen one pokemon of all time, in line with Bidoof, sentret, and ratata?
Might only be distaste or disgust now because everyone likes Crobat.
Or something...
I have no idea how to do IV breeding/Training...
Just working on getting abilities, natures and EV's right at the moment.
{hmm... reminds me... need to get more haunters for breeding purposes}.
LOVE friend safari, but i don't have anyone with a poison type yet.
Speaking of, does anyone here have a poison type Friend Safari?
Or would this be a more appropriate question to ask on the FC thread?

IV breeding is a massive pain but comparing it to my old Drapion it is pretty worth it. It is completely juiced up in all the stats bar Sp.Atk.

There's plenty of guides out there if you're interested in starting the process.

I have no idea what type of Friend Safari I have to be honest. My friend has a Poison-type safari but it only has rubbish Pokemon in it..

Oh definitely. Gengar is a staple of any Poison-type team.

Last edited:

BladeWulf

IV breeding is a massive pain but comparing it to my old Drapion it is pretty worth it. It is completely juiced up in all the stats bar Sp.Atk.

There's plenty of guides out there if you're interested in starting the process.

I have no idea what type of Friend Safari I have to be honest. My friend has a Poison-type safari but it only has rubbish Pokemon in it..

Oh definitely. Gengar is a staple of any Poison-type team.

I might try IVs after i've gotten a handle on EV's and such. Smogon is still coming up with new ideas, but i really would like to come up with my own for the pokemon, but to do that i need to understand how everything works and so on...
This does as more interest to the game though...

BugPokemonMaster316

Hey guys, I think it's time for our first tournament:

Poison-Type OU Tournament​

Rules:
1. All battles will take place on Pokémon Showdown.
2. Arceus Poison is banned.
3. All battles will be best of 3.
4. Post replays in the club.
5. Use the form in the OP to sign up.
6. Teams must be mono-Poison.
7. We will use Gen 6 OU(beta).
8. All battles will be 6 vs. 6.
BATTLES WILL OCCUR FROM NOVEMBER 15 - NOVEMBER 30

Last edited:

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
Username: StonE EdgE
PS Name: BI StonE EdgE
Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)

I'm guessing teams should be mono-poison, right? Also, are we using 6th gen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.