• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poison-Type Pokemon CLub!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BugPokemonMaster316

Username: Shiny Swalot
PS Name: Shiny Swalot
Time Zone: GMT+1

all 6 vs 6 battles?

Username: StonE EdgE
PS Name: BI StonE EdgE
Time Zone: GMT -5 (EST)

I'm guessing teams should be mono-poison, right? Also, are we using 6th gen?

Welcome to the tournament guys! All of your answers can be found in my previous post, as I just updated it. Also, here is my sign up:

Username: BugPokemonMaster316
PS Username: King Kabutops
Time Zone: GMT -5

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Eh sorry, can there be a change? My username is ShnSwlt, something went wrong last times I guess

Username: The Imposter
Why you like Poison Types: Poison types have always been really under-appreciated. I do like the underdogs. I also like most of their designs, and they tend to be surprisingly good in competitive.
Favorite Poison Type: Nidoking

I figured I might as well join considering Poison is my favorite type and I've made many a monotype team of it.

I am a newbie here and I have also been training Shiny Swalot a little bit, so I might not be eligible for the tournament, but I think I am, so I'm also signing up for that if possible.

PS Name: Mystikality

BugPokemonMaster316

Why you like Poison Types: Poison types have always been really under-appreciated. I do like the underdogs. I also like most of their designs, and they tend to be surprisingly good in competitive.
Favorite Poison Type: Nidoking

I figured I might as well join considering Poison is my favorite type and I've made many a monotype team of it.

I am a newbie here and I have also been training Shiny Swalot a little bit, so I might not be eligible for the tournament, but I think I am, so I'm also signing up for that if possible.

PS Name: Mystikality

Welcome to the club! This makes four entries for the tournament so far.

Also, sorry for the delay on Pokémon of the week. I've been testing out Victreebel a lot, and it's actually pretty good.

My opinions on Victreebel:

I used to use Victreebel a ton in Gen 5 OU, but the loss of perma-weather really nerfed the thing. It is still usable, but it basically has to be run in sun for it to do anything. As such, it only really functions well as a mid-game wall-breaker, but it can still do its job. Growth combined with Leaf Blade, Weather Ball, and Sludge Bomb can break down defensive cores until the sun is gone. Then it is dead weight mostly until you can get the sun up again. Weather Ball and Leaf Blade set it apart from Venusaur (in gen 5 anyway), but now Venusaur gets Petal Blizzard and I think it gets Weather Ball now. Victreebel could be a solid sun sweeper in lower tiers though if Ninetales drops or Vulpix is allowed.

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
My opinions on Victreebel:

I used to use Victreebel a ton in Gen 5 OU, but the loss of perma-weather really nerfed the thing. It is still usable, but it basically has to be run in sun for it to do anything. As such, it only really functions well as a mid-game wall-breaker, but it can still do its job. Growth combined with Leaf Blade, Weather Ball, and Sludge Bomb can break down defensive cores until the sun is gone. Then it is dead weight mostly until you can get the sun up again. Weather Ball and Leaf Blade set it apart from Venusaur (in gen 5 anyway), but now Venusaur gets Petal Blizzard and I think it gets Weather Ball now. Victreebel could be a solid sun sweeper in lower tiers though if Ninetales drops or Vulpix is allowed.

I believe that Venusaur could be good, well Mega-Venusaur at least. He has increased Def, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, and with moves like Petal Blizzard and Sludge Bomb to its disposal. Plus growth makes him even stronger. And it's ability makes its defenses better since it gets rid of two of two of its weakness. In gen 6, Venasaur is a force to be reakoned with

BugPokemonMaster316

Can I claim Ariados?
You sure can!
I believe that Venusaur could be good, well Mega-Venusaur at least. He has increased Def, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, and with moves like Petal Blizzard and Sludge Bomb to its disposal. Plus growth makes him even stronger. And it's ability makes its defenses better since it gets rid of two of two of its weakness. In gen 6, Venasaur is a force to be reakoned with

Venusaur was already good in Gen 5, as Chlorophyll made it very good in the sun. Mega Venusaur gains boosted stats and Thick Fat, which helps it a lot this gen since weather is no longer permanent. I prefer to use a Venusaur with Leech Seed, over one with Growth, but both work very well.

Also guys, I will start the tournament now. I wanted at least 8 people, but it seems like 4 is all we are getting. Here are the matchups:

BugPokemonMaster316 vs. Shiny Swalot
StonE EdgE vs. The Imposter.

gkat646

Username:gkat646
Why you like Poison Types: they look so cool and I have always used one in all of my Pokémon play through and competive battles
Favorite Poison Type: it is trubbish and yes I'm serious its so cute and awesome at the same time

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I dunno but we should resuscitate it again :D.

Finally got my old lovely Poison-types into Y because of Pokemon Bank! I kinda stayed away from catching and raising Poison-types in Y (with the exception of Dragalge of course) because I knew I had a whole bunch waiting in the wings in my other games.

It was SUCH a long-winded process as I had some Pokefriends still on my old Ruby and LeafGreen Versions I wanted too. So I had to like, go on Diamond with a DSlite and do all that rubbish trying to trade them using that safari game, then go on Black 2 and trade all of them again, including my Gen IV Pokemon, with yet another, even MORE annoying safari game (honestly, I suck with a stylus and I'm left-handed too which doesn't help). Then I had to mess around putting all these Pokemon into Box 1 on my Black 2 so they could be brought over to Y.

Whew!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'm baffled as to how I haven't noticed this earlier.

Username: dirkac
Why you like Poison Types: Mehdunno, I like all of their designs, and I think that it's a rather good Type.
Favorite Poison Type: Skorupi line, Gulpin line, Foongus line, or Budew line.

So yeah can I also claim Skorupi Drapion Swalot Roserade?

BugPokemonMaster316

I'm baffled as to how I haven't noticed this earlier.

Username: dirkac
Why you like Poison Types: Mehdunno, I like all of their designs, and I think that it's a rather good Type.
Favorite Poison Type: Skorupi line, Gulpin line, Foongus line, or Budew line.

So yeah can I also claim Skorupi Drapion Swalot Roserade?

Welcome to the club man! We don't really have much of a topic right now, so feel free to start one if you want!

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Good job Cagedwings! Now you are ready to dominate Y

Yup yup! I can't wait until I'm up and running again. Unfortunately I have no cool Gen III Poison-types that I brought over because I wasn't a fan of them until Gen IV. I have an EV Trained Drapion and Skuntank though! Might be worth me starting over and using them to breed a fresh batch because I don't believe their IVs are perfect. A nice little project for me though!

A little off topic from the subject of Poison-types, but I'm looking for a Ditto Friend Safari. I asked on Miiverse, not realising we weren't allowed to, and the post obviously got removed. Help? Lol.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Yup yup! I can't wait until I'm up and running again. Unfortunately I have no cool Gen III Poison-types that I brought over because I wasn't a fan of them until Gen IV. I have an EV Trained Drapion and Skuntank though! Might be worth me starting over and using them to breed a fresh batch because I don't believe their IVs are perfect. A nice little project for me though!

A little off topic from the subject of Poison-types, but I'm looking for a Ditto Friend Safari. I asked on Miiverse, not realising we weren't allowed to, and the post obviously got removed. Help? Lol.

I don't have X and Y nor a 3DS, so I can't help you.

No fan of Swalot?

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
I don't have X and Y nor a 3DS, so I can't help you.

No fan of Swalot?

Dude, you NEED to get on it!

Yeah Gulpin/Swalot are awesome, but I never bothered to train one because I didn't really consider myself a Poison-type dude at the time. I was all for Ice-types back then. Glalie was my life haha.

I'll make it upto you and train a perfect Swalot for you. How does that sound? ;). But only if you get yourself a 3DS and a copy of X or Y!

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
Ehm, if you pay for the 3DS, I will get X and Y :p

Glalie looked fun to me too, only to realise that while batlling Lugia in SS, my Snorunt was ....... still a Snorunt...

But a 3DS is so expensive...

cagedWINGS

The Poké-theorist.
Yeah..I really want a 3DSXL! Hopefully within the next month or so.

Snorunt is a cutie.

Well when you do get one (and I mean it. GET ONE lol) I'll have to train up some Pokemon and trade them to you :3. Hell, I'll give you one of each Poison-type! Yes, I'm bribing you.

Shiny Swalot

Shiny Swalot Powerz!
I think that a 2DS would be a better option for me. But the question is, since I am 15 years old, how long will I use the 2DS. It could be that I lose my interest in Pokemon next year, and then I am stuck with a 2DS...

But unuseful I think

POISON TYPES FOR LIFE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.