• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Worldwide Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm12

Weather Bearer
This actually makes a lot of sense, and I can see it happening.

Then again, I think the forms would be a lot more plot related.

I think the forms may have more importance. Given how they now have what resembles Omega and Alpha symbols on their hands and they appear to maybe have changed type- gaining Fire and Electric? Also the glow is yellow instead of the regular blue/red, makes me think rayquaza may have something to do with it, perhaps bringing harmony to them at last?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Well, considering how this generation has been fairly unprofitable for Nintendo, with the 3DS underperforming compared to past consoles

The 3DS is doing no such thing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
The 3DS is doing no such thing.

http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/nintendo-console-sales/

GB: 118.60 million
GBA: 81.51 million
DS: 153.99 million
3DS: 43.33 million

Obviously you would expect the sales to be lower on the 3DS considering it's only about halfway through its life, but at this rate, by the end of its life, it's not going to do any better than the GBA, which is lower than usual. It'll probably even do worse than the GBA unless they pull some kind of miracle lineup next year, since sales tend to slow down as time goes on. Even Nintendo themselves have commented that while they're happy with where the 3DS is now, they expected it to do better.

At any rate, my point was that on the whole, Nintendo is not happy with how this generation has played out. The 3DS is doing well, but worse than they expected. And the Wii U is absolutely struggling to gain relevance, and so far is Nintendo's worst selling console ever (not including the Virtual Boy). Nintendo is probably more than happy to move on as soon as realistically possible.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Take in mind we're still in an era of a recession, and that it doesn't help much that income is lower than when it used to be higher. Still, the 3DS is doing very well by today's standards, and the Wii U is course harder to get into because of its high price and somewhat lack of Wii U games. MK8 should be the start of sales going up.

People will probably explode once more when the remakes for the 3DS come out. You'll see.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
http://wiiudaily.com/2014/05/nintendo-console-sales/

GB: 118.60 million
GBA: 81.51 million
DS: 153.99 million
3DS: 43.33 million

Obviously you would expect the sales to be lower on the 3DS considering it's only about halfway through its life, but at this rate, by the end of its life, it's not going to do any better than the GBA, which is lower than usual. It'll probably even do worse than the GBA unless they pull some kind of miracle lineup next year, since sales tend to slow down as time goes on. Even Nintendo themselves have commented that while they're happy with where the 3DS is now, they expected it to do better.

At any rate, my point was that on the whole, Nintendo is not happy with how this generation has played out. The 3DS is doing well, but worse than they expected. And the Wii U is absolutely struggling to gain relevance, and so far is Nintendo's worst selling console ever (not including the Virtual Boy). Nintendo is probably more than happy to move on as soon as realistically possible.

It took the DS three years before it really became the success that it is, the 3DS and DS have grown at a pretty similar rate. This is only the 3DS' third year as well, if it sticks around as long as the DS did there's no telling what might happen. But the chances of Nintendo only selling another 40 million units in the next three to four years is incredibly slim.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It took the DS three years before it really became the success that it is, the 3DS and DS have grown at a pretty similar rate. This is only the 3DS' third year as well, if it sticks around as long as the DS did there's no telling what might happen. But the chances of Nintendo only selling another 40 million units in the next three to four years is incredibly slim.

That's going to depend on what they do with software in the next few years. Nintendo's had frequent problems with game droughts this generation thanks to longer development periods combined with dwindling third party support. And Nintendo seems to be focusing on Wii U a lot this year, so it's possible that the 3DS might not get as much this year, which could bring 3DS sales to a halt.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter whether sales go up or down in the next few years because Nintendo has probably already begun developing the 3DS and Wii U's successors. At this point they likely already have a vague idea of when they want to release them.

HoennMaster

Hopefully when they say worldwide release, this time they don't mean have the game unloaded in Canada first, give copies in advance to people who will leak out everything about the game over the internet, and then release it to the rest of the world

Info is going to be leaked regardless of release date. Nintendo has nothing to do with that.

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
If Nintendo want an extra Wii U sale, they can get that from me. If they release some sort of decent Pokemon adventure like Colosseum for the Wii U then they can shut up and take my money.

Fayh

Hopefully when they say worldwide release, this time they don't mean have the game unloaded in Canada first, give copies in advance to people who will leak out everything about the game over the internet, and then release it to the rest of the world

But it will happen again. I got my copy of Y a WEEK before the official release just because my local store doesn't care. And for some miraculous reason Nintendo has never stopped them in the last ten years. It will happen again this time.
Maybe just stay off forums and social networks for a few days before the release if you want to make sure you don't come across anything at all?

bushie

is the game available for pre-order yet.

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
is the game available for pre-order yet.

Yes. I preordered both games at Gamestop on the day after the announcement but i probably jumped the gun a bit to early.

Not sure if other places are doing it yet.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'll probably just get as a download, like I did with X

saves money on tax, and I don't have to bother leaving the house

This probably is off-topic and perhaps too early but, how many generations/pokemon games will we have in the 3DS console?
Im sure "pokemon Z" and possibly even gen 7 will be on the 3DS. And prob some other spin offs (speaking of spin-offs im still waitin for a another pokemon snap game lol)

I'll probably just get as a download, like I did with X

saves money on tax, and I don't have to bother leaving the house
Im always paranoid about downloads incase my 3ds breaks or something :O
I also always like having a physical game, and I love having all my game case/boxes together =]

Last edited:

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Yeah, I'd rather have physical. Plus when I'm old and these games are long gone, they might be worth a fortune in the future haha!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Im sure "pokemon Z" and possibly even gen 7 will be on the 3DS. And prob some other spin offs (speaking of spin-offs im still waitin for a another pokemon snap game lol)

I doubt 7th gen will be on the 3DS (the only way I can see that happening is if the 3DS lasts until the end of this decade or so), and I wouldn't want that to happen anyway. 5th gen really seemed to have suffered from being stuck on a last gen console at the end of its lifespan, I'd rather not see that happen again.

On the topic of physical vs. digital, I'd probably prefer physical, but if I have to get digital, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Grey Wind

If you know from experience how long did it take to download and what time did you download it? I'd definitely stay up until mid night for that.
Started my Y download a little after midnight and it finished up at around 3:30. Granted, my connection was poor because I was downloading it in my room. Depending on that and your internet speed it'll probably take one-two hours.

I'm probably gonna go physical this time, but if I get a bigger SD card for my 3DS I might download it instead.

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
If you're going to go digital so you have the game when it's released, I'd say go with a retailer who's likely to dispatch early. Luckily, in the UK there are like 3/4 retailers that dispatch as soon as they get the games so I'll get it early anyway (Gonna order OR from one and AS from other and see which one comes first haha!

D!3g0

I doubt 7th gen will be on the 3DS (the only way I can see that happening is if the 3DS lasts until the end of this decade or so), and I wouldn't want that to happen anyway. 5th gen really seemed to have suffered from being stuck on a last gen console at the end of its lifespan, I'd rather not see that happen again.

On the topic of physical vs. digital, I'd probably prefer physical, but if I have to get digital, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

In what sense do you think 7th gen could suffer from being s 3DS release?

I personally would prefer if gen VII was for 3DS although I'm still kind of prepered if it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.