• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Some lighter hopes for 7th gen:

- Reflect/LightScreen/Safeguard become visible on-screen while they are up
- Stealth rocks, spikes, and toxic spikes become visible while they're up
- Trick Room, Wonder Room, and Tailwind become visible while they're up
- Stat boosts and decreases are shown with a small marking/colour that shows how much they've been altered
- Some kind of mechanic that can increase the chances of catching a pokemon. It'd be neat if every time we successfully caught a pokemon with a pokeball, our 'skill' at catching increased until eventually we had a decent, but not OP, boost at catching.

I don't know so much about those last two myself, but I think the first three are good ideas. It would help to make the battles feel more realistic.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I seem to be a minority, but I just interpreted that as 'you can talk to your Rotomdex'. Can't really see GF going as far as having it translate Pokemon for you.

I'm not saying that it'll be a big game feature.
Interpretation happens just on occasion. Maybe during story bits or sidequests.

Imagine typical Pokemon obstacles. We talk to the Pokemon to learn about its problem, with Rotom translating for us. We solve its problem.
Or imagine... trying to convince a legendary or reason with a rampaging Pokemon...

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
Nope! Never noticed it before I think!

Btw, does anyone think we'll be able to transfer pokemon from pokemon bank that have been on your Sun/Moon game back to ORAS or XY? I mean, with previous gens I would've said no, but now they're on the same handeld and we have Bank.

were you able to transfer BW pokemon back to D/P/PL dispite being on same handeld ( DS)?
No?
Why would this be different?

were you able to transfer BW pokemon back to D/P/PL dispite being on same handeld ( DS)?
No?

It's an interesting question. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to send Alola native Pokémon back to Gen VI, but if you sent a Pokémon from Gen VI to Gen VII, then I don't think there would be a problem in making it so, considering that both are obviously compatible with Bank. They already have filters in place for legitimate Pokémon, they could quite simply add another for the pentagon (though, what would then happen to Pokémon transferred to Gen VI, without such a pentagon?).

Why you'd want to do that in the first place though, I've got no idea.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Wasn't it hinted at that a scientist was working on a way for Pokemon and trainers to communicate? Like how it was hinted that another scientist was trying to make Pokemon dreams real and that's how we got dream world

I can see it working as a comminicator since Rotom is a Pokemon and it does speak English(or whatever language you choose) but I just think that't just them hinting at this is how we're gonna use Super-training and Amie

It was hinted by a scientist at Devon Coorporation that he is working on a device that lets you talk to your Pokémon.

We kind of had our 'talking to our Pokémon' feature in HGSS. If Rotom does allow us to communicate with our Pokémon, I don't expect it to fully translate entire phrases, but rather give out some cute facts about the Pokémon like how HGSS did it when we clicked on our following partner.

That was rather interaction, not talking. You were getting the idea of their state by their emotions. A Cyndaquil presenting a sad face in rainy weather or a Pikachu feeling pumped in Power Plant are more of common sense, but agreeing with you that it was nice to get the phrases.

I'm not saying that it'll be a big game feature.
Interpretation happens just on occasion. Maybe during story bits or sidequests.

Imagine typical Pokemon obstacles. We talk to the Pokemon to learn about its problem, with Rotom translating for us. We solve its problem.
Or imagine... trying to convince a legendary or reason with a rampaging Pokemon...

I think it will be as Wulawa mentioned. Rotom-Dex pulling of Anime-Meowth, translating the Poké-language to us instead of directly allowing us to talk to them.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
No?

Because we have Bank now. We've had storage systems before, but never a cloud which was compatible with multiple gens.

Not saying it's really likely, but I was just wondering since I don't feel like emptying my OR copy, yet I really want to bring my Pokemon to Alola.

Hauke_von_Arding

I think that the Rotom Pokedex is just a new feature for Sun and Moon. I do not believe it is a new form since it would have registered in the pokedex.

This don't mean there couldn't be a Pokedex form later. And... you don't even have the normal Rotom registered in your dex even if he is your dex.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
- Some kind of mechanic that can increase the chances of catching a pokemon. It'd be neat if every time we successfully caught a pokemon with a pokeball, our 'skill' at catching increased until eventually we had a decent, but not OP, boost at catching.

Technically critical capture is supposed to be that. But I obviously get you want something that actually increases with player's progress.

Most obvious things I can think are:

-An additional modifier that increases with the amount of Pokémon we caught.
-An additional modifier that increases with the amount of badges you have, similar to how badges increases the level cap.
-An additional modifier that increases with the amount of the members of the species you have(you have x Miltank and get x boost when you capture another one).
-Giving Trainer its own level, Pokémon Go style, that will give more boosts according to Trainer's level.

However, they can also rearrange some of the catch rates to update them for Gen VII, or introduce something like Dusk, Quick or Timer Balls that cut down the cost incredibly.

Edit:
Critical Capture is already that in a way, the chance for it to occur increases based on the amount of Pokemon listed as caught in our Dex.

I did not know this. My bad.

Last edited:

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Technically critical capture is supposed to be that. But I obviously get you want something that actually increases with player's progress.

Most obvious things I can think are:

-An additional modifier that increases with the amount of badges you have, similar to how badges increases the level cap.
-An additional modifier that increases with the amount of the members of the species you have(you have x Miltank and get x boost when you capture another one).
-Giving Trainer its own level, Pokémon Go style, that will give more boosts according to Trainer's level.

However, they can also rearrange some of the catch rates to update them for Gen VII, or introduce something like Dusk, Quick or Timer Balls that cut down the cost incredibly.

Also the Repeat Ball falls into this category of catching exp as well.

I do think the balls should all get some minor tweaking though.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So... Magearna is to be distributed via a QR Code in Japan.
I hope this method of distribution applies to the rest of the world because this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than serial codes, and exclusive store distributions.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Critical Capture is already that in a way, the chance for it to occur increases based on the amount of Pokemon listed as caught in our Dex.

I hope this method of distribution applies to the rest of the world because this is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than serial codes, and exclusive store distributions.

That reminds me, didn't they say the QR codes can be shared among players? I wonder if Japanese players can share it with US players, in other words, no region restriction......

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

I'm in agreement. If there would be a way to share the QR codes on the Pokémon Global Link, or if it can be done via same route how the secret-bases are added through forums and web-sites, the access can be a ton easier.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That reminds me, didn't they say the QR codes can be shared among players? I wonder if Japanese players can share it with US players, in other words, no region restriction......

Considering this is a QR code, I think someone will no doubt take a picture of it and upload it on the internet for everybody to scan.

EDIT:
Sorry, guys... I just HAVE to double-post to call your attention...

https://twitter.com/yoko_clover/status/741594271078191104
https://twitter.com/yoko_clover/status/741595860543246336

Zygarde Formes CONFIRMED.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
So, anyone think that we'll get an Episode Z or Zygarde is just an event distribution?

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just please don't make zygarde part of the main story. I want this to be completely separate from xy and kalos stuff.

Creyk

Just please don't make zygarde part of the main story. I want this to be completely separate from xy and kalos stuff.

I think it's more likely to be just an event that you get from those ladies in the pokemon center, no story involvement at all

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I think it's more likely to be just an event that you get from those ladies in the pokemon center, no story involvement at all

This or at worst it'll be a post-game side mission, kind of like Mewtwo in XY.

Status
Not open for further replies.