• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuxuba

The other buildings looked pretty european to me though. What do you think?
A lot of tropical countries were european colonies so their older architecture looks quite european. The building might look a bit gothic but the outside doesn't look british at all.
My guess is that it is based off Singapore, like a lot of people are talking about.

Im still believing it would be england or UK. Tropical climate in just a pre-releasw screenshot doesn't means too much for me since we had a desert in the middle of a NY-based region and i really don't know what would be the base of Lentimas Town
Not that weird tbh. Unova is mostly based off NY, but there are cities that look a lot like other american places such as Humilau City (Hawaii) and the PokéStar studios (Hollywood). Considering that California has deserts and other places from the west used to have deserts too, it isn't surprising that Unova has deserts because it still follows the pattern of basing their cities on american places. It isn't as weird as a tropical city in the middle of England.

Last edited:

Snes91

I'm so excited for this,:D I hope there's a bunch of new Pokemon can't wait for more to be revealed:D!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
This may be a completely stupid thing to say/ask, but I'm confused, are they saying that our Pokemon from X/Y/OR/AS can't be transferred from PokeBank to the new games or am I reading that wrong? Sorry for the stupid question but yeah, that's how I've read it ��

"Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way."

It is the exact opposite, actually.

The bird Pokemon looked kinda like a woodpecker to me.

Also super glad these games are a thing. I love sun/moon motifs in just about anything.

Loving the concept art right now, and can't wait for future updates! Wonder what is with all the vehicles- my favorite is the blastoise one lol.

Jibreel

Here is what I think:

- The region will still be based in Europe (Italy/Greece)
- The mascots will be based on Gods
- The gen 2 starters are gonna get mega evolutions and you'll get to pick one
- The region will be connected, most likely by train, to the kalos region where we can go post game
- Zygarde's story arc will be like that of Rayquaza in ORAS and occur post game in the kalos region
- Zinnia will make an appearance
- There will be some kind of event involving Volcanion and Magiana
- The game takes place after the events of XY and the battle frontier is now ready

I know 2 regions and a battle frontier sounds like too much but HGSS pulled it off and this is the franchise's 20th anniversary so there's an incentive to do more than usual.
I also think that this would be the perfect opportunity to make the story more mature and have AZ finally become mortal again and die so you, the player, can inherit the eternal flower floette from him (which I don't think he would voluntarily give up if kept alive).

Red Mosquito

Hello, im new...

I think this new game will occur in the region that was in war with kalos and they will have the moondial, so zygarde´s arc can have a good finish in the principal story, with a new team, rivals of team flare

DarkDiaruga69

Diaruga from HELL!!!
"Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way."

It is the exact opposite, actually.

See on the main Serebii site it says "Pokémon Bank will allow for Red, Blue & Yellow to send data to Pokémon Bank and be received into Pokémon Sun & Moon. They cannot be received by X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire." So yeah, to me it seemed like you couldn't transfer from X/Y/OR/AS... Hence why I said it may have been a stupid question lol

Supersonicbro

Here is what I think:

- The region will still be based in Europe (Italy/Greece)
- The mascots will be based on Gods
- The gen 2 starters are gonna get mega evolutions and you'll get to pick one
- The region will be connected, most likely by train, to the kalos region where we can go post game
- Zygarde's story arc will be like that of Rayquaza in ORAS and occur post game in the kalos region
- Zinnia will make an appearance
- There will be some kind of event involving Volcanion and Magiana
- The game takes place after the events of XY and the battle frontier is now ready

I know 2 regions and a battle frontier sounds like too much but HGSS pulled it off and this is the franchise's 20th anniversary so there's an incentive to do more than usual.
I also think that this would be the perfect opportunity to make the story more mature and have AZ finally become mortal again and die so you, the player, can inherit the eternal flower floette from him (which I don't think he would voluntarily give up if kept alive).

I agree with everything except the gen 2 starters part. they might get mega evolutions but I don't think they'd copy the way they did it in x/y. maybe a post game thing.

Xuxuba

Hello, im new...

I think this new game will occur in the region that was in war with kalos and they will have the moondial, so zygarde´s arc can have a good finish in the principal story, with a new team, rivals of team flare

That is a great theory. AZ did talk about a war but never said much about it. I hope this region is connected to Kalos.

Not that weird tbh. Unova is mostly based off NY, but there are cities that look a lot like other american places such as Humilau City (Hawaii) and the PokéStar studios (Hollywood). Considering that California has deserts and other places from the west used to have deserts too, it isn't surprising that Unova has deserts because it still follows the pattern of basing their cities on american places. It isn't as weird as a tropical city in the middle of England.

But why in world are people getting as conclusion that the entire region will have a tropical climate even with Hoenn being remaked just 2 years ago? It is just palmtrees and a hotel (that we even know if it is really a hotel) Well maybe all people which are like "Omg tropical climate brazil latin america southeast asia singapure african french colonies confirmed" will get disappointed since we just have the logos and a few pre-release sketches.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
The Sun and Moon logos are intriguing. Makes me wonder if they are just a stylized sun and moon, strictly designed for promotional art, or if they represent something in the story, i.e. evil team logo, legendary Pokémon representation, etc.

Also, looking more closely at them, I feel like the Sun logo resembles a compass. The Moon logo kind of resembles a bat or crescent moon being eclipsed. Basically, I don't believe they look enough like just a sun and a moon.

Xuxuba

But why in world are people getting as conclusion that the entire region will have a tropical climate even with Hoenn being remaked just 2 years ago? It is just palmtrees and a hotel (that we even know if it is really a hotel) Well maybe all people which are like "Omg tropical climate brazil latin america southeast asia singapure african french colonies confirmed" will get disappointed since we just have the logos and a few pre-release sketches.

Singapore is not completely tropical and the reason why a lot of people are saying that it looks like Singapore isn't just because of the palmtree, but because of how similar the building looks to one of Singapore's attractions.

You see, i'm not saying I'M CERTAIN that it's Singapore, like i said, it is just a guess based off the information we already got.

The only thing i'm almost certain of is that they wouldn't put a tropical place in the middle of a region based off England.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
I have another theory. What if Zygarde is the third member of two trios? In XY he represents the Z.

But what about Sun and Moon? Couldn't he also represent Earth? (Ground type, Midgard serpent)

Perhaps 50% Zygarde is from Kalos and Complete form is from the new region.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
It makes sense for Sun and Moon to be gen 7 games. XY and ORAS has all non-event pokemon so that was a big indicated. Sun and Moon are good titles for the new games.

Cradily17

This is so confusing. Would they really go straight to a new generation after teasing us for so long with the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja?

GalaxianEX

I hope that the only "old" Pokemon in the games are ones with Megas, that way, just like BW, we are forced to use a mostly new team.

Xuxuba

This is so confusing. Would they really go straight to a new generation after teasing us for so long with the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja?

That is why a lot of people hoping that SuMo's region is connected to Kalos, so we might be able to return there after the postgame and do some kind of quest related to Zygarde's new form.

Supersonicbro

This isn't uncommon. We had all the stuff with mewtwo in the movies and anime and nothing in games, we had talk of the original dragon in black and white and the manga, but never shown in games. Deoxys had a movie and it was only used for an event.

This is what the download pokemon are for that activate events, they sometimes don't make a full game on a legend and will tell their stories other ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.