• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
...What is going on? I don't understand all of this awesome stuff!

Regular versions of Arcanine and Alakazam have been shown in trailers and Arcanine is shown on the japanese pokemon website. It's widely thought that if a pokemon is shown in it's original form in a trailer it won't get an alolan form. Those leaks are basically discredited

Guessing the time shift, Alolan forms as a concept, Oricorio and a couple other minor things right does not come across as a 'discredited' leak, particularly since the whole "original Pokémon in trailer=no Alolan forms" thing is a theory, not a fact.

knightwolf09

Lol, here's my prediction.
The Aether foundation is a foundation that helps people/pokemon in some way, but she just uses it as a front while she leads team Skull to whatever there goal is.

That's the thing. I don't even think team skull even has a plan of sorts, rather they just want to cause trouble. However Aether must must be up to something bad id theory is right about them creating Type: Null.

Guessing the time shift, Alolan forms as a concept, Oricorio and a couple other minor things right does not come across as a 'discredited' leak, particularly since the whole "original Pokémon in trailer=no Alolan forms" thing is a theory, not a fact.

Part of me wants to think that since sun and moon are different worlds, maybe some Alola forms are version exclusives.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Regular versions of Arcanine and Alakazam have been shown in trailers and Arcanine is shown on the japanese pokemon website. It's widely thought that if a pokemon is shown in it's original form in a trailer it won't get an alolan form. Those leaks are basically discredited

Whilst I agree with this statement and its certainly lowers the chances but then, Meowth was one of the first pokemon we saw, yet it received an Alolan forme. (Yes, it comes with the protag's mother during the move, but it still makes me think anything can happen)

goodpeople25

I wouldn't limit the options just yet. I'm getting a bit of a more personal vibe for this game for one, so I wouldn't necessarily equate the teams together. For example team skull could be exactly what it appears to be, Gladion on the other hand.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That's the thing. I don't even think team skull even has a plan of sorts, rather they just want to cause trouble. However Aether must must be up to something bad id theory is right about them creating Type: Null.

Part of me wants to think that since sun and moon are different worlds, maybe some Alola forms are version exclusives.

Ohmura actually does call them different worlds in the recent blurb put up on the site, so that could be the case.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Arent the guy who give the Zygarde cube is the same one on X&Y? The girl also.

I dont remember their role int the game tho.

BlitzGirl41

I'm normally not one to make theories about upcoming Pokemon games, but I have a feeling that it's possible Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion are siblings, since they all have blond hair and green eyes and all have followed a different path (therefore setting up family conflict). The main website says that Aether Foundation does experiments, and Gladion's main Pokemon is Type:Null. If Aether created Null, Gladion could have received it from there, then later joined Team Skull. Or he stole it. IDK, Aether seems like the most likely origin for Null (I'm just going to call it "Null" for now since that's easier :p ).

astarsas

My theory is that the aether foundation is a bunch of ultimate beasts that lost their way from their home and are trying to go back. Now they pretend to save pokemon by "adopting" them but are using them to power something. Gladion rebelled and took Type: Null, a modified pokemon(through radiation maybe??) with him. Lillie is the young one that got lost during the universe jump and doesn't remember who she is (pokemon dungeon reverse style).

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
With the new Day and Night swap, does this mean Day will now last from from 8:00 PM to 3:59 AM in Sun, and Night will now last from 4:00 am - 7:59 pm in Moon?

Ascended Dialga

With the new Day and Night swap, does this mean Day will now last from from 8:00 PM to 3:59 AM in Sun, and Night will now last from 4:00 am - 7:59 pm in Moon?

I've been wondering myself how the Day/Night cycle is going to be affected. At this point, however, I would expect anything.

R_N

I've been wondering myself how the Day/Night cycle is going to be affected. At this point, however, I would expect anything.

It's a 12 hour shift, that's it.
When it's day in one, it's night in the other. Cycles are probably exactly the same, just shift accordingly

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Talking about the Day/Night thing..

Serebii lists Gumshoos and Alolan Raticate as version exclusive Totem Pokemon, but is it maybe not possibly time-dependent instead of version?
It makes a point of saying that events that happen at different times may be different, so if you did the trial at night on Sun, would that not give you the nighttime Totem Pokemon?

Like I get it was talking about the 12 hour version difference, but then it attributed the different Totem Pokemon to the in-game time of day..

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
When it's day in one, it's night in the other. Cycles are probably exactly the same, just shift accordingly

I could see them adjusting the cycle from Gen VI anyway regardless, in the sake of fairness; Day and Night are of equal lengths, but Morning and Evening aren't.

EDIT: Something like 5-9 for morning/evening and 9-5 for day/night consistent across a.m./p.m. would work. The simplicity makes it easy to understand, and it ensures that Sun players and Moon players with the same 3DS time always have mirrored times of day in-game.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The alola raticate pokedex says that there is a certain restaurant that uses them. This must mean there is some restaurant somewhere in alola.

sheld999

i seen its 12 hrs ahead/behind your 3ds clock

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The alola raticate pokedex says that there is a certain restaurant that uses them. This must mean there is some restaurant somewhere in alola.
'Insert Ratatouille joke here'

But seriously, I can definitely see restaurants returning these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.