• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

I don't think it "hints" at anything. I think it just tells us what we know from real world biology, that female bovines are cows and male bovines are bulls, and so they occupy the same Pokédex page.

Sabre_King

I don't think it "hints" at anything. I think it just tells us what we know from real world biology, that female bovines are cows and male bovines are bulls, and so they occupy the same Pokédex page.

I figured the same thing, but surprising the company finally acknowledged it in a sense is all. Always wished they shared some pre-evo, but the acknowledgment is something at least.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
-UB storyline and Type: Null make allusions to Creation Trio and Arceus respectively.

-Sinnoh starters are the only starters that remain besides the starters you obtain this game and in the Gen VI games.

-Cynthia is the only Battle Tree opponent without a redesign.

-Most of the currently Unobtainable Pokémon can be found in Sinnoh, either in-game in the Regional Dex or post-game.

-Solgaleo and Lunala evolving from base Pokémon is a continuation on Rowan's brief infodump in Platinum about evolution, wherein he talked about of the evolution might be a means of achieving gradual perfection, and legendaries don't need this because they are already perfect on their own.

These are extremely conjectural, however.

Wouldn't all the Mega stones not being available either also be a hint? Even though those could come with Eclipse or whatever the third game is called.
Nobody could possibly justify all of them being saved for events, too many unavailable for that.

Dragon Pulse

Am I not allowed to ask for a Hidden Ability Rockruff in this thread? I've literally been searching everywhere for one and can't possibly find anyone who has one. It also seems to me that no one will probably reply to me if I ask for one in the Wi-Fi Center section. I apologize if I am not allowed.

Last edited:

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
So, late last night I finished the game. Wow, what a phenomenal experience. I think this is my favorite game in the series, and it's definitely up there as one of my favorite games period. The characters, the story, the overall feel of the game, they all blend together to create something truly special. Oh, and it'd be sacrilegious of me not to mention one thing about the ending:

The picture of Silvally licking Gladion got a real chuckle out of me. I don't know exactly why, but I really got a kick out of that. Like a cherry on top of an amazing ice cream sundae of a game.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Regional dexes tend to be organized in the manner of your first encounter to a given Pokémon, but yes.

Wouldn't all the Mega stones not being available either also be a hint? Even though those could come with Eclipse or whatever the third game is called.
Nobody could possibly justify all of them being saved for events, too many unavailable for that.
True, but there isn't much rhyme or reason on the unavailable Megas, besides the fact that they belong to the currently unavailable Pokémon.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Not sure what's more cringy, that they think Sun and Moon has been out for three weeks, or that they think Niantic made the games...

Being in a parallel universe counts? :p

Anyway, a theory about Necrozma: Given the similarities with Solgaleo and Lunala and the fact that Cosmog evolves into Solgaleo/Lunala depending the version, what if Cosmog is also able to turn into Necrozma? I mean, both Cosmog and Necrozma are known to absorb light (in the case of Necrozma, both sunlight and moonlight). What if Necrozma is an evolution of Cosmog's in a third version of S/M?

So, late last night I finished the game. Wow, what a phenomenal experience. I think this is my favorite game in the series, and it's definitely up there as one of my favorite games period. The characters, the story, the overall feel of the game, they all blend together to create something truly special. Oh, and it'd be sacrilegious of me not to mention one thing about the ending:

The picture of Silvally licking Gladion got a real chuckle out of me. I don't know exactly why, but I really got a kick out of that. Like a cherry on top of an amazing ice cream sundae of a game.

I disagree. The story got kind of meh and obvious towards the end of it. I also didn't like the sloped together Pokémon league of alola. Plus the post game is lacking and they don't reward you for catching Pokémon as much as battling them.

But I find it weird that I finished the melemele pokedex and didn't get a stamp for it on the pass port.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

I agree one hundred percent!

Everything about these games so far has been perfect for me. The character development is my favorite part of it; during the final cut scenes before the credits, I actually found myself getting emotional about a character, which is a literal first for the series for me.

I know that some people aren't on-board with the designs but I happen to love them - and my team of six native Alolan species that took me through the game.

I also think that the games were a lot harder, or at least had the capacity to be. I've never lost against so many different opponents in one game. The climactic battle was super tough - I actually got swept by the first Pokémon on my first attempt. The Elite 4 were all a legitimate challenge (and I also really appreciated how the E4 was made, despite it being a bit different), and I swear I tried the final battle at least ten times before finally getting lucky and winning. There's plenty more for me to do post-game and I can't wait to keep going!

Also, in regards to your spoiler tag - I LOVED that part. I literally took out my phone and took a picture of that moment.

-UB storyline and Type: Null make allusions to Creation Trio and Arceus respectively.

-Sinnoh starters are the only starters that remain besides the starters you obtain this game and in the Gen VI games.

-Cynthia is the only Battle Tree opponent without a redesign.

-Most of the currently Unobtainable Pokémon can be found in Sinnoh, either in-game in the Regional Dex or post-game.

-Solgaleo and Lunala evolving from base Pokémon is a continuation on Rowan's brief infodump in Platinum about evolution, wherein he talked about of the evolution might be a means of achieving gradual perfection, and legendaries don't need this because they are already perfect on their own.

These are extremely conjectural, however.

I'm just playing through now (at the slowest pace I ever have a Pokémon game - which is making me enjoy it that much more!) but at the Dimensional Research Lab, all three of the Pokémon referred to - in regards to connections with other dimensions - are all from Sinnoh, those being Bronzong, Palkia, and Giratina). Not exactly evidence (apart from of course the unobtainable Pokémon statistics being in favour of a Sinnoh journey), but for me it was a moment where the penny really dropped on what they were hinting at coming next.

Well, that and the obvious places under construction for a more linear and traditional gym structure, mind...

I agree one hundred percent!

Everything about these games so far has been perfect for me. The character development is my favorite part of it; during the final cut scenes before the credits, I actually found myself getting emotional about a character, which is a literal first for the series for me.

I know that some people aren't on-board with the designs but I happen to love them - and my team of six native Alolan species that took me through the game.

I also think that the games were a lot harder, or at least had the capacity to be. I've never lost against so many different opponents in one game. The climactic battle was super tough - I actually got swept by the first Pokémon on my first attempt. The Elite 4 were all a legitimate challenge (and I also really appreciated how the E4 was made, despite it being a bit different), and I swear I tried the final battle at least ten times before finally getting lucky and winning. There's plenty more for me to do post-game and I can't wait to keep going!

Also, in regards to your spoiler tag - I LOVED that part. I literally took out my phone and took a picture of that moment.
The post game seems rather lacking to me. It's just the battle tree really.

Also the game wasn't hard. The totems were actually easier than the gym leaders in my opinion. The elite four were also a cake walk. Good thing the story was long because the battles certainly weren't a challenge.

The ending was a nice touch, but story wise I think they could have done more.

I know I've said this, but the emphasis on battling still bugs me.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
The post game seems rather lacking to me. It's just the battle tree really.

Also the game wasn't hard. The totems were actually easier than the gym leaders in my opinion. The elite four were also a cake walk. Good thing the story was long because the battles certainly weren't a challenge.

The ending was a nice touch, but story wise I think they could have done more.

I know I've said this, but the emphasis on battling still bugs me.

It's the Battle Tree, the UB quest, access to the alternate world, the Eevium side quest, rechallenging a tougher E4 with championship challenged at the end, multiple high-level trainers, the Island Guardians, and probably a couple other odds and ends. That's not enough for some people, it's more than enough for others, and that's totally fine, different expectations and all. It seems to me that it's at least as good as the OR AS post-game and miles better than X and Y; this is particularly true when the Battle Tree is the first battle facility I've been legitimately excited about since Gen IV.

I do have to disagree on the difficulty, and from what I've been reading a lot of people think it's a tough game. I didn't use the Exp. Share and I didn't really level grind, so I was just a little under leveled for most of the game, but the AI, the Pokémon and move sets, and the rest seemed a lot more appropriate.

As for the story, it really depends on both taste and expectation. I found it to be engaging without becoming overbearing on a politicized theme or message, which is how I perceived Gen 5; on the other hand, it was at least present, whereas XY's story is generally agreed to be thin and weak compared to some other gens. I personally liked that they focused on character development and offered a diverse, interesting set of characters, but I can see how those who wanted more sense of adventure and exploration were probably looking for something else.

Like any generation these games will appeal to some and just won't appeal to others, but I'm just glad that after two decades the magic is still there and people can enjoy them! They're my personal favorite entries, and by a pretty decent margin they're my favorite original titles (as my second and third favorite sets are ORAS and HGSS, so both remakes).

Status
Not open for further replies.