• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

Eh, this is true in some RPGs but definitely not "pretty much every." In Disgaea Archers have bad Speed Growth but good accuracy and attack growth. Final Fantasy Tactics archers have the same speed, movement, and evasion rates as Knights. It's all over the place in the Fire Emblem series, some have Speed the second fastest growth rate for snipers after skill and some have it as worse than attack. And while it isn't an archer, compare to the X-Com series where snipers have terrible movement rates because they can't move and shoot in the same turn (without perks).

Really the strange thing about Decidueye is the high defenses. Not familiar with high defenses for basically any sniper in any game.

To be fair, in Disgaea, Bow attack strength is based on a combo of Attack & Hit, so thats why Archers tend to excel in the those whereas speed is not as necessary; it used to be based on Attack & Speed though, so Archers in Disgaea used to have high speed stats. I'm of the mind that an Archer isn't known for speed. Archers are meant to stick in the back-lines and either rain a hail of arrows down on enemies (if in large groups) or they were essentially medeival Snipers. You wait patiently and the tensile strength of the bow flings the arrow at ridiculous speed; you yourself don't need to be fast to be an archer (just accurate). As for drawing a bow against an opponent who knows your there, again, they're not cowboys they're not about to duel in an old-style western; if the target is too close, they generally carry a dagger or seek to create distance or conceal themselves again.

All in all, I don't think speed was ever necessary for them. High def though, that seems weird considering they don't often have much in the way of armor; normally a gambeson and some light outer covering (like leather)...thats about it lol.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Okay, what I don't understand is how we're getting all this information on stats, and yet we still have nothing for the names and types of the unreleased pokemon.

What's up with that?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Okay, what I don't understand is how we're getting all this information on stats, and yet we still have nothing for the names and types of the unreleased pokemon.

What's up with that?
Because in all likelihood, he's trying to get through the games fast rather than lingering and looking for the new Pokemon.

Orphalesion

If we're lucky people will use spoilers for that, but since it's free game, who knows. If I start to read a post that I can immediately determine is story-related I'll skip over it lol.

I wouldn't count on it, since this is the thread were people don't have to use spoiler tags. The post on Poke Jungle keeps spoiler tags over the plot so luckily I can go over there to check the pokemon info. I just won't have a thread to discuss it *sniffle*

So Dewpide is Water/Bug... not bad, even though I was hoping for Bug/Dark due to the creepyness, still a cool design and cool typing.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I've heard some moves/stats were leaked, anything on wimpod/his evolution yet?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Nothing on stats, but we now know it's evolution's name is Golisopod and it keeps the Bug/Water typing.

Edit: Greninja'd

Xblade13

Experimentalist

What's up with that?

We have gotten a few though. Apparently Alolan Dugtrio is Ground/Steel, Wimpod's evolved form is still Bug/Water, the spider is also Bug/Water.

The reason things have been slow coming out is that the guy isn't data mining. He is actually playing through the game and can only reveal things as he discovers them. Hence why we have Decidueye's stats but not Incineroar or Primarina.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

He didn't use one on his travelling team, so we don't know their stats, unfortunately...just names (Golisopod) and types (Bug/Water.)

So its stays bug/water? Interesting. Figured with the samurai thing, it'd become part fighting

Hope it has decent stats, plan to use it pretty much solely thru my first play through

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It's evolution stays Water/Bug.
Though honestly I was hoping for something else instead of bug since the Spider is water/bug too

CrusherTheFeraligatr

It's evolution stays Water/Bug.
Though honestly I was hoping for something else instead of bug since the Spider is water/bug too

Had a almost samurai look to him, thought he might become fighting.

Sad no info on stats/moves yet.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was hoping for Bug/Dragon myself but I'm fine with Bug/Water in the end

I was hoping he'd go Water/Dragon
A "wimp" Pokemon turning into a Water/Dragon..... something Gyarados should have done.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I wonder what golispod's ability will be.

And I'm predicting: medium hp and sp def/great atk and defense/quite low speed and sp atk

hopefully decent mixed movepool. Looots of slashing moves, I'm guessing

^Gotta ask, where are y'all getting dragon from?

Status
Not open for further replies.