• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sword and Shield - How will they impact the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

What is the meaning of swords and shield, last three games names have been due to legendaries
BW- black resembles zekrom and white means reshiram
XY- X is xerneas and Y is yvetal
SM- Sun is solgaleo and moon represents lunala
Swords and shield does it mean two legendaries in form of swords and shield.

Attack and Defense legendaries.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I kind of expected it. With the Galar region being based on the UK and therefore being more urbanized, it would make sense to have the gyms back. Trials seemed like a cultural thing exclusive to Alola anyway.

My only concern is that bringing gyms back will lead to the anime feeling more "safe," like we're just going to go back to three companions traveling around with PotD/CotD fillers, very little character-driven storylines, bland fillers in same-y looking locations, and TR curbstomps, etc. All that good stuff. Because say what you will about the SM anime. It least it takes risks and tries to be different from the other series.

It's the UK we are talking about and an urbanized region gives way to some pretty unique things IF effort is given. For all we know, we are going to get a sports centered series and they exploit everything you can do in a UK setting.

Alola by its nature as a region, is laid back and tropical, with only four islands to speak of, the SOL works because you can't cram it with filler towns. Galar however... even with Gym's coming back, I can picture something else going on.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Yes, finally Gen 8 is announced and I am hyped. The graphics looked amazing and the starters as well. I don't think the main girl will be the female player, so I am hoping Lillie pulls a Misty and continues travelling with Ash.

I also saw a bulding with a Leaf symbol on it, which might be a Grass Gym, so that means Gyms are back??

wellwellwells

Yes, finally Gen 8 is announced and I am hyped. The graphics looked amazing and the starters as well. I don't think the main girl will be the female player, so I am hoping Lillie pulls a Misty and continues travelling with Ash.

I also saw a bulding with a Leaf symbol on it, which might be a Grass Gym, so that means Gyms are back??

They confirmed gyms being back in the direct, so they better fire the whole team doing the USUM anime cause I want the gyms to be good battles and serious, without twerking sessions or 1v1.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
They confirmed gyms being back in the direct, so they better fire the whole team doing the USUM anime cause I want the gyms to be good battles and serious, without twerking sessions or 1v1.
Elesa flashbacks

PotD/CotD fillers, very little character-driven storylines, bland fillers in same-y looking locations, and TR curbstomps, etc.
Please no

wellwellwells

Watching the trailer again, there’s one scene of the male player wearing an uniform and entering a soccer stadium. Could that be the new game side quest for this region (like contests and the like). If that’s the case I would expect a tomboyish girl character who has that as her goal.
But if we are throwing things we would like to see around, I would love to see Serena come back. I’d expect Poke-England to be one trains away from Poke-France tbh.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Watching the trailer again, there’s one scene of the male player wearing an uniform and entering a soccer stadium. Could that be the new game side quest for this region (like contests and the like). If that’s the case I would expect a tomboyish girl character who has that as her goal.
But if we are throwing things we would like to see around, I would love to see Serena come back. I’d expect Poke-England to be one trains away from Poke-France tbh.

But Serena flew off to Hoenn, she isn't a train away. Though Bonnie coming back would be nice to see.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Plot twist: the anime girl is the trainer in the trailer which hair looks like Serena old one for some reason
Of course, Ash will not notice the similarity

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah...Serena is not coming back. She doesn't promote the new games.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
What I want from Gen 8 Anime:

-I am so happy that Gyms are back, I missed having Gym battles.
-The series to be smth like DP but with some little SM details here and there. If SM would have had more battling and a level of battling like in the past series it might have easily been the best series.
-I want the main Ash, the main girl and the male companion to have full teams and active goals
-Bring contests back, maybe this time the Male companion is a coordinator
-Lillie to continue travelling with Ash in Gen 8, maybe taking the position of the main girl
-Serious gym battles and not only 1vs1 cuz I am done with that. Give us some 5vs5 or full battles

johno1995

If we get a trio again, the third wheel better have a goal to tend to.

Ash - gyms
Girl - new trainer, maybe follows in Ash's footsteps and all the gyms are double battles? That'd be neat, she travels and becomes a rival in the League
Boy - brother to the girl, trains in that Poke-Soccer tournament if it's indeed a side-quest; would make for a fun little side story I think

Decidueye23

with this region based off england. i feel we might get a companion with royal heritage like a prince or something who decides to travel with ash to get to know the people and pokemon of his land better. i really want the female trainer to not be a part of ash's squad but be a rival who consistently challenges him. i d like to see a rival with whom ash wins and loses a few times beofre his final battle at the league. its quite boring to see him lose consistently to a rival and then beat him at the league ( we ve had trip, paul and gary, and probably gladion too).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
What is the meaning of swords and shield, last three games names have been due to legendaries
BW- black resembles zekrom and white means reshiram
XY- X is xerneas and Y is yvetal
SM- Sun is solgaleo and moon represents lunala
Swords and shield does it mean two legendaries in form of swords and shield.
LOL if aegislash isn't in SS (reminder that solrock and lunatone weren't in neither SM or USUM)

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
What I want from Gen 8 Anime:

-I am so happy that Gyms are back, I missed having Gym battles.
-The series to be smth like DP but with some little SM details here and there. If SM would have had more battling and a level of battling like in the past series it might have easily been the best series.
-I want the main Ash, the main girl and the male companion to have full teams and active goals
-Bring contests back, maybe this time the Male companion is a coordinator
-Lillie to continue travelling with Ash in Gen 8, maybe taking the position of the main girl
-Serious gym battles and not only 1vs1 cuz I am done with that. Give us some 5vs5 or full battles
As much as I like Lillie I don't think she will stay, unless she appears in SS
After all, the only companions to stay after their generations were Brock and Misty. And still, they were present until gen 4 within remakes, just when Brock left

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
There is actually one impactful area that has got me thinking. Honestly a lot of the impacts here are just as "impactful" as a future Pokemon Adventures adaptation but for the anime's unique case, do you think they'll use more British voice actors for the English dubs?

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Ash's main colors won't change much. His clothes still will be primarily blue (mostly) red and white, maybe darker, and the cap is already part of what make Ash's visual by now.

Red and Blue

Since neither of the starters are birds I hope Ash catches the regional bird once again. Especially if it isnt Normal/Flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.