• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Stymie

powered by insanity
Are theme decks the only way to buy energy cards? (excluding on the internet)

Why was Dragons Exalted so infamous?

What is a very famous expansion?

Asrialys

Are theme decks the only way to buy energy cards? (excluding on the internet)
Pretty much. The base Black and White set has Common basic Energy cards in booster packs, but they're not in every one. If you know any other players, see if they have any to spare. There are also Trainer Kits, which are two half-decks. Then there's something new called Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box that comes 40 (presumably basic) Energy cards, along with other nifty items. Supposed to be released in February.

Why was Dragons Exalted so infamous?
Introduced Dragon Pokemon, but no new Energy types? I don't know.

Stymie

powered by insanity
Pretty much. The base Black and White set has Common basic Energy cards in booster packs, but they're not in every one. If you know any other players, see if they have any to spare. There are also Trainer Kits, which are two half-decks. Then there's something new called Plasma Storm: Elite Trainer Box that comes 40 (presumably basic) Energy cards, along with other nifty items. Supposed to be released in February.

Introduced Dragon Pokemon, but no new Energy types? I don't know.

Thanks, i'll keep my out for that elite trainer box

nerfed

I think it was because the Japanese name is Similar to Uri Geller who is a spoon-bender and he thought it was offensive and started a lawsuit.
Not 100% on the story but it involved him,Kadabra and a lawsuit

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
This guy...
I think it was because the Japanese name is Similar to Uri Geller who is a spoon-bender and he thought it was offensive and started a lawsuit.
Not 100% on the story but it involved him,Kadabra and a lawsuit

He had mentioned that the spoon bending technique being his headline act and the star on kadabra's head was a rip off of him other then just the katakana of his name (which in all fairness japanese diction is much much smaller then English, so using words more then once for different things in one paragraph or more of the japanese language is extremely common). But regardless of Uri's retardation we still have kadabra in the video games, and lets say (role reversal) if I was in his shoes, I would be very happy to think that a multi billion dollar company would have a character based on me in some way (ego).

Iamnotastalker

Hey guys this isn't a question but I wanted to alert Pokémon tcg collectors in the UK that GAME.uk is selling tins for FU@*(I*! £5 each! I'm not sure if that's in all the stores but they are online!

teh_original_pikachu

Don't use my avi -_-

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
OldMan jenkins@ Um I can tell that you didn't look up the value of certain cards like Erikas Victreebel and the Southern Islands Collection cards, you could ask for 20$ for those 8 cards.

SkylanderSchool@ All packs are generally randomized in a tin, but you always get 2 packs from the 2 current sets.

Lightmasa

Crab Battle Master
So my wife got me this world championship 2013 deck and i was wondering can you use some of the cards in this deck in other decks?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
So my wife got me this world championship 2013 deck and i was wondering can you use some of the cards in this deck in other decks?

Yes, but you cannot use world championship cards for tournament play such as battle roads, cities, provs/states, nationals, regionals and worlds as they are not considered actual cards.

Lightmasa

Crab Battle Master
Have another question. I want to start playing in tournaments soon but i am not understanding the some of the modified info. Like its says black star promo 1-53 not legal. Does that mean my mewtwo ex from the 2012 tins isnt playable?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
If you want to attend a tournament for battle roads, cities, etc, you should check this out . This is an application poke gym made to be format updated when it comes to modified decklists to make things easier at finding out what you can use and making a decklist for tournaments much faster then writing it down.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
the ash man83 said:
Default Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.

Every set has reverse holos (minus the first 5-7), e-card and neo did full backing s in holo foil, hoehn did all there Reverse holos as regular holos but with the set name in the pokemon picture, dp-hgss/some b/w just has shiny backgrounds and b/w to current have the pokemons type in the background or for T/S/S a pokeball. You only get one rerevse holo with every pack.

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
I don't know if this is the place to ask but....

Does anyone know a way to get metal energy? I need some more for my Steel Type Deck... or any other energy at all?

Myrrh

Does anyone know a way to get metal energy? I need some more for my Steel Type Deck... or any other energy at all?

Retail packs right, and not the online TCG game? This lists which packs contain that Energy. Your best bet would likely be Black/White set as it's the most recent that contains them, then the Call of Legends and Heart Gold/Soul Silver. If you want to check for other Energy ctrl+F Energy Cards on the main Serebii page to get a list of all of them so you can search them.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Which TCG sets have Reverse Holos? I know the WotC sets didn't, but I can't remember if all of the Nintendo sets do.

Legendary Collection was the first set that had reverse holo cards. And it was made by Wizards.

There have been a few recent starter decks that have a few in them. Those decks usually have 8-9 in them. I don't know exactly which decks have metal though since I don't buy starter decks.