• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéNav Plus Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Chaining in caves is quite annoying, (You always get the can't find anything message) other than that this feature is great.

Yeah, sometimes it appears and then disappears at a time, which can be really annoying. But water chaining falls into the same boat, too because it involves that similar mechanic.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I agree with you there. Feebas should not have been made that hard to find since Magikarp wasn't hard to find. I kind of prefer the Prism Scale than the pokeblocks but that is just me. Dexnav is pretty useful in finding pokemon I must say.

This is the same company that gave us: "The wild Chansey/Kangaskhan/Scyther/Pinsir/Tauros fled!" in GenI and good grief, Munchlax in Honey Trees. There's a difference between something being useful and something being made easy. You can really tell that GenV is where GameFreak decided to dumb the game down and this continued with GenVI. Outside of a few whacky, but easy to accomplish, evolution variants (Pangoro, Malamar, Sylveon, Goodra), GenVI offers no challenge in the actual collecting department.

I still don't get why Swirlix and Spritzee need an item during their trade evolution. It isn't as if they've got an evolution a generation after their introduction (which is when most get a trade-item, so the original doesn't evolve immediately (see Porygon) when traded. And they don't have split evolutions which would warrant those as well, see Clamperl. Pumpkaboo and Phantump don't need items during their trade-evolutions, so it's just a weird choice.

Same. I simply don't have patience when it comes to Pokeblocks.

These days I only use the DexNav feature to find Pokemon with held items like Lucky Eggs and stuff though.

This is honestly THREE other things that's been made a lot easier with regards to getting Milotic.

First off, you get to stuff your critter with unlimited amounts of Pokéblocks, meaning, there's really no threshold there on quality or expertise in Blending.

Second, what this means is that you can use four Oran berries and get Blue PokéBlock+ and thus get good returns for Berries that are easy to find and quick to grow.

Thirdly, this means that you don't have to go searching for the magical Pamtre Berry that will offer the highest obtainability/quality reward - and that's IF you don't mess it up with Blending it right AND don't need to spend DAYS working that sprout in return for just a few Berries.

You say patience? It honestly took me four minutes (between sorting out which berries (lol, "they need to be blue") and actually "blending" them and stuffing them to a Feebas and using a Rare Candy) in order for that Feebas to evolve into Milotic. Are you saying you need less patience to find a Prism Scale and a tradepartner/set-up a trade with yourself?

GenIII: Process of at least a 90 hours of cultivating what would hopefully be enough Berries that will allow for a high quality Blue Block after blending before the sheen runs full.
GenVI: Process of roughly 4 minutes with literally no hassle.

Bunzilla-King

Grabbed by the ghoul
The flashbacks to fishing each tile in the water are setting in

But yes i love the pokenav now that i finished the pokedex
Helps cover hidden ability pokemon i couldn't get in friend safaris in x/y

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I really don't like chaining in the desert, water or cave because on the 5th chain, the pokemon disappears and reappears faster until it ran away. I have it easier with the grass but pokemon like Zorua sometimes run away. Still better than the desert, water or cave though.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Chaining in caves is quite annoying, (You always get the can't find anything message) other than that this feature is great.

That's because the layout of most of the caves is so tight, the randomizer picks spots which cannot be variables for the phenomenon (wall, rocks, etc.). Compounding this issue is that you cannot circumvent random encounters unless you use Repels (expensive), and ledges, roaming NPCs, and reoccurring phenomenon spots are too sensitive (annoying). My biggest ish with the reoccurring randomizer spots is that they like to happen between the former three issues AND every other one isn't valid! Truthfully, chaining in caves (and surfing) is a total hassle compared to chaining while diving or in plain grass.

But man is it rewarding when you get what you're looking for!!!!! I cannot think of a better mechanic that they've added to these games than the PokéNav. What a truly revolutionary device, please bring back in Z!

Status
Not open for further replies.