• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

Hopefully they make a lot more of this kind of stuff. Even though I'd love and prefer a series involving Ash down by this staff and studio, it would be great if they just continue along these lines.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What? Are you saying Pokemon's for kids?

That seems a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

Surely it's aimed at the 30-40-year old millennial crowd, right?
I said it was in the channel that is specifically for the "very young children" (you know, the ones with the pre-school educational content) rather than the one that's more for "everyone regardless of age"

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Pokemon is a battle shounen. There's not much they can do with tsubomi other than turn her into a goku/luffy clone (which is what they did with ash).

Who says it has to only be one? This short--to say nothing of countless other Pokemon episodes--does more than just be about battles. The centerpiece of this short is the combination of cuteness with a spunky protagonist, after all, not just the battles.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Morax

King of heroes
Who says it has to only be one? This short--to say nothing of countless other Pokemon episodes--does more than just be about battles. The centerpiece of this short is the combination of cuteness with a spunky protagonist, after all, not just the battles.
Tsubomi's goal is to be a champion therefore battles will be the heart and soul of that anime. It's shounen no matter how you look at it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Saw the third one, with the girl & the Nidoran. Good, would make for a good start for a new series, but I doubt we'll get that.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
they just came out. They might be dubbed later.
The first Poketoon came out literally a year ago and had zero spoken dialog and hasn't been acknowledged by the English Youtube channel at all. They don't dub these unless they're meant to promote an upcoming game like Origins, Generations, and Twilight Wings (and that's sad).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The first Poketoon came out literally a year ago and had zero spoken dialog and hasn't been acknowledged by the English Youtube channel at all. They don't dub these unless they're meant to promote an upcoming game like Origins, Generations, and Twilight Wings (and that's sad).
I didn't realize the first one is that old.. I only saw it recently when this thread got bumped, and didn't even look at the post date.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The way I see is the first one was a test of the concept. After seeing how it was recieved, they've figured it was worthy investing to do more.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Yeah while the first one was entirely free of dialogue and I didn't much care for the Yancham short... the fact that this one probably will not be dubbed is a real shame for anyone who relies on dubbing to actually be able to watch the series. Well... One could totally say the same for the previous short also. Just because I found it thoroughly meh that doesn't mean it deserves to just be completely ignored.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
The first Poketoon came out literally a year ago and had zero spoken dialog and hasn't been acknowledged by the English Youtube channel at all.

IKR? All they'd have to do is alter the title card with their English names and maybe have their English VAs do vocal effects. It would be the easiest Pokemon animation to dub EVER!

They don't dub these unless they're meant to promote an upcoming game like Origins, Generations, and Twilight Wings (and that's sad).

Heck, they even considered dubbing the Iris and Cilan-meets-Brock specials, then went "NAH!" because they didn't promote X&Y...:mad:/:(

I mean, why give fans outside of Japan some extra content when you can just dub ONLY things good for promoting new/recent/upcoming games?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
IKR? All they'd have to do is alter the title card with their English names and maybe have their English VAs do vocal effects. It would be the easiest Pokemon animation to dub ever!

Heck, they even considered dubbing the Iris and Cilan-meets-Brock specials, then went "NAH!" because they didn't promote X&Y...:mad:/:(
Is there proof they planned at one point to dub them?