• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Yay! More Studio Colorido goodness. There's only two more after this, but I really hope they make more. An anime series not tied to the main anime or games has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Honestly, this new one was super boring. Surprised hearing Colorido made it because it's been the weakest so far IMHO

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Fun fact, all the previous poketoons now have English subtitles available as well :)
That is absolutely excellent of them and while I still think TPCi should dub them, the mere fact that they now have subs means they are no longer essentially exclusive to Japanese audiences. And hey, official English subtitles for a Pokémon animated product, what a novel thought! And from skimming the subs they seem pretty good, too.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That was a decent one. The part I like most is that all pokémon aren't KAAAAAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOO

Also, that Minccino being pissed with the kids for dropping dirty in the stairs reminds me of my mom when my dad pulls a similar stunt lol

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So yesterday we got Evolutions which told an incomplete story that will not be followed up on where you need the game to get the conclusion, with an artstyle that tried to be more realistic and as a result ended up being (in my opinion) severely unappealing, and Ed Goldfarb on the Japanese version which is just weird (Though more understandable if my hypothesis is right and Evolutions was a thing TPCi came up with and merely commissioned OLM to make for them)... And then today we get the return of Studio Colorido and Yamashita Shingo (Well, he wasn't the director on this one but he was involved with a much smaller story that actually gets to play out in its entirety and with wonderfully charmingly cartoonish art direction and...

...well what I'm ultimately trying to say is that this short was excellent in all the same areas I found Evolutions to be lacking. Though it once again suffers from being a YouTube short. C'mon Pokémon, animation this good deserves better video quality! (This also applies for Evolutions btw. Both this PokéToon and Evolutions episode 1 suffers from the same problem in that regard: They are mostly made up of dark scenes, and YouTube compression does not play nice with dark images.)

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So yesterday we got Evolutions which told an incomplete story that will not be followed up on where you need the game to get the conclusion, with an artstyle that tried to be more realistic and as a result ended up being (in my opinion) severely unappealing, and Ed Goldfarb on the Japanese version which is just weird (Though more understandable if my hypothesis is right and Evolutions was a thing TPCi came up with and merely commissioned OLM to make for them)... And then today we get the return of Studio Colorido and Yamashita Shingo (Well, he wasn't the director on this one but he was involved with a much smaller story that actually gets to play out in its entirety and with wonderfully charmingly cartoonish art direction and...

...well what I'm ultimately trying to say is that this short was excellent in all the same areas I found Evolutions to be lacking. Though it once again suffers from being a YouTube short. C'mon Pokémon, animation this good deserves better video quality! (This also applies for Evolutions btw. Both this PokéToon and Evolutions episode 1 suffers from the same problem in that regard: They are mostly made up of dark scenes, and YouTube compression does not play nice with dark images.)
Plays fine for me, clear as day, what are you using to watch?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Plays fine for me, clear as day, what are you using to watch?
It's not a matter of whether or not it plays. It's a matter of how, even at the highest possible quality available, it's riddled with compression artifacts.
ksLecSp.png

Look at those solid blocks of color in her hair. Look at how smudgy the lines look. None of this is intentional on the part of the animators; It's entirely a consequence of YouTube compression.