• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So is the episode region-locked, given it's not showing up in my subscriptions?

Or I'm just not subbed to the right channel

whoops
...You know, that's a good point. These things are legally available on YouTube. The previous shorts have been linked here directly. So far, this one hasn't.

...Now it has.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Anyone else slightly worried by the fact the school has a dusknoir and frillish in their pool?

Those pokemon are literally known for dragging people off to other worlds

What ancient burial ground was this school built on if a yamask calls it home?

And lampent are harbingers of death themselves and only show up where people are dying
Meanwhile the Pokemon in the short

"HAHA I praaaanked you"

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
That short was really fun. Way better than Evolutions IMHO

The Mega Champion

Are these ever going to be english dubbed? I've been waiting for that to happen for quite awhile now and it's starting to seem like PUSA are just going to be a-holes and refuse to english dub them ever.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Are these ever going to be english dubbed? I've been waiting for that to happen for quite awhile now and it's starting to seem like PUSA are just going to be a-holes and refuse to english dub them ever.

Sorry, but they don't dub anything that doesn't somehow help promote the Games :(
(it's also why they haven't dubbed some Ash-free specials, and probably never will.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, at least they put english subs on some of the uploads (unless they updates the ones I watched that didn't have those at the time)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Well, at least they put english subs on some of the uploads (unless they updates the ones I watched that didn't have those at the time)
They added English subs to all of them. Well, obviously except Mimikyu & Scraggy and Wait, Magikarp because those didn't have anything to subtitle.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The shorts had tons of great animation. This and Twilight Wings are what I want out of these side products and not things like Evolutions.
Evolutions strikes me as a work aimed at the kind of people who complain about Pokémon being "too childish" and instead overcompensating and trying way too hard to make a thing that really shouldn't be edgy, edgy. And it makes me feel once again that I really, really hope that those people never get to decide the direction of the franchise as a whole.

It is okay for a cartoon to be cartoony. It is okay for a childrens' multimedia franchise centered around colorful cartoon animals to be lighthearted.

Evolutions strikes me as a work aimed at the kind of people who complain about Pokémon being "too childish" and instead overcompensating and trying way too hard to make a thing that really shouldn't be edgy, edgy. And it makes me feel once again that I really, really hope that those people never get to decide the direction of the franchise as a whole.

It is okay for a cartoon to be cartoony. It is okay for a childrens' multimedia franchise centered around colorful cartoon animals to be lighthearted.
I think my main problem with Evolutions is that it doesn't have any emotional heft behind it, at least based on the first episode. It wasn't fun or entertaining to watch. It looks and feels very corporatized in a way that Twilight Wings and Poketoons aren't. Aesthetically and production wise, the two of those far supersede Evolutions. The color pastel, designs, animation, etc are not only incredible themselves, but also amazing because who they enhance the narratives of Twilight Wings and Poketoons.

Twilight Wings/Poketoons never came across as childish to me and their comedy was exceedingly heartwarming. Watching the cute Gengar girl in this episode exasperated at not being able to connect with her friends is super funny and brought a smile to my face.

Basically, I think the dichotomy is " soul " versus " soulless " and not " childish " versus " edgy. "

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I think it's actually both. They aren't mutually exclusive, depending on context.

Either way, the "edgyness" feels more like they trying everything to appeal to all sort of fans, including the older ones.