• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pokemon is still pretty far behind in that list. Here's mine btw :
1. Steins ; Gate
2. Fate stay night
3. Clannad
4. Danganronpa
5. Persona
6. Corpse party
7. Amagami SS
8. Castlevania
9. Chaos ; head
10. Inazuma eleven
most of them are galge though :3
Oh in no way did I say he was right lmao
Steins Gate is literally a top tier anime agreed. Heck its my fav anime out of the last decade, beating AoT because of the manga ending

Cradily17

This would have been great if it wasn't for more unnecessary Kanto and Charizard pandering. There are seven other gens with hundreds of Pokemon. Why restrict yourself to the same ones from the same region over and over?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Very cute short. The rivals turned lovers having a kid who wants to chase their former dream feels like something the anime would do. I really like the girl’s design and having an anime around her would be great. The Gengar vs Nidorino callback to the intro of the original games was a neat way to callback to the series’s roots. My favorite part was who established the environment felt despite only having 15 minutes to experiment this portrayal of the Pokémon world. The mom felt like Cheren in both design and personality. I feel like she’d be the Champion after Peony/before Leon especially considering her and her husband have 2 Pokémon on Leon’s team.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I love the short. Tsubomi is exactly the kind of lively female protagonist I wanted in the main show. Such an unfair world being stuck with Chloe instead :(

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Two threads for it?

Anyway, as I said I love the short and Tsubomi is the kind of heroine I wanted in the main show.
That Nidoran episode seemed more mature than anything Journeys has ever pulled off.
Eh....

Just so you know, the episode was uploads in the youtube kids channel.

Jers745

I dont know :p
Yeah how dare we get a lively female protagonist instead of a lively female protagonist
I mean she works here because she is the only character with this personality, its simple she is another start protagonist where she has to learn that beign a trainer isnt easy and has to mature, etc. Like i said she works for this episode but if they were to make a series she would be the shonen like protagonist.

Jers745

Tsubomi is a female Ash( a generic shounen protag ), simple as. She brings nothing new to the table.
Well i wouldnt say that she cant bring something new, theres so many ways to develop a character, but knowing pokemon as a general and that this is a series for kids i wouldnt be surprised that they bring nothing new even if theres a new series

Morax

King of heroes
Well i wouldnt say that she cant bring something new, theres so many ways to develop a character, but knowing pokemon as a general and that this is a series for kids i wouldnt be surprised that they bring nothing new even if theres a new series
Pokemon is a battle shounen. There's not much they can do with tsubomi other than turn her into a goku/luffy clone (which is what they did with ash).

Jers745

Pokemon is a battle shounen. There's not much they can do with tsubomi other than turn her into a goku/luffy clone (which is what they did with ash).
There has been good development for shounen like characters an example is deku in the last chapters from BnHA, even ash had in DP a good development so its not like they cant do it. But ultimately this is just a one episode character an for what it was she works pretty well

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Very cute short. The rivals turned lovers having a kid who wants to chase their former dream feels like something the anime would do. I really like the girl’s design and having an anime around her would be great. The Gengar vs Nidorino callback to the intro of the original games was a neat way to callback to the series’s roots. My favorite part was who established the environment felt despite only having 15 minutes to experiment this portrayal of the Pokémon world. The mom felt like Cheren in both design and personality. I feel like she’d be the Champion after Peony/before Leon especially considering her and her husband have 2 Pokémon on Leon’s team.
Apparently She wasn't a champion, she lost too after defeating her husband.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
This was an absolute joy. And I already liked Tsubomi a lot before I realized she was Minase Inori (whom I don't really associate with Rem as I have not seen Re:Zero, but rather with Shiina from Da Capo 4 who is a character I would not be surprised if I'm the only one who knows) and then after that I just could not un-hear it... and that is a good thing btw because she's great.

The tone here was still very Twilight Wings-y which is a given being that it's the same director and studio, but this one did have more of an actual plot than any of the TW episodes, which were pretty much deliberately just "Here's a brief snippet of what this character's life is like." Which is perfectly fine in and of itself, but I feel like this might actually be better? And I say that as someone who already thought Twilight Wings was fantastic.