• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

POKÉTOON - English dub coming June 17th!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I liked the Pokétoons (the most recent one was boring though) but I prefer Evolutions if the Leon episode was anything to go by. I don’t see what was edgy about it.

Ideally I’d like a mix of TW’s focus on characters’ every day life and Evolution’s focus on specific characters/moments that aren’t fully shown because of the limitations of the games.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Happy they are still doing those. Looking forward the new story

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Fun episode. I like the artstyle used that made everything look like it's straigth from a painting. Really interesting!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Out of nowhere, PokéToon 8!

...While I can't claim the 3D animation is 100% working for me and so this does not quite measure up to Tsubomi or Gengar... yeah I am still always happy to see more of these. And this is still very, very, very cute.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Rock star Jigglypuff isn't something I expected, but I'm here for it.

Why didn’t the people fall asleep when the Jigglypuff sang? I got flashbacks

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
It's FINALLY coming to PokemonTV and the YouTube Channel to be dubbed to English.

The first short is being released Friday June 17th

Though I'm not sure how that'll work unless they have Scraggy and Mimikyu making sounds using their English Voices... :confused:

I just hope we'll still be able to find the Japanese versions on YouTube and they don't get banned...

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
That is absolutely excellent of them and while I still think TPCi should dub them, the mere fact that they now have subs means they are no longer essentially exclusive to Japanese audiences. And hey, official English subtitles for a Pokémon animated product, what a novel thought! And from skimming the subs they seem pretty good, too.
...Wohoo? I mean, I see no reason that the subtitles on the Japanese version would go away because of this *knocks on wood* and TPCi's treatment of side projects tends to be... okay, so... Yay, everybody wins for once! I get to keep my beloved Japanese audio featuring Minase Inori in the third one, and people who either aren't comfortable with reading subs or just plain don't like watching media that way still get to watch it, and presumably nobody has to listen to me whine about the dub being unfaithful.

I still want a BD release for better quality but... these shorts having official, pretty decent subs as well as a dub is already a huge step in the right direction.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Third episode is a treat to look at, but it's bogged down by the horrible voice cast. I've noticed a lot of times that the mouth flaps didn't match or kept opening up after words were said, and the dialogue stops at weird times or is weird itself. If there are more dubbed episodes, I fear they'll be this horrid quality.
With all seriousness, Blossom's dub voice is the single worst thing I've heard in awhile.
Yup. Hers and her mother's are just awful. Both of them lack the emotion, Blossom sounds too whiny or doesn't really care that much about her adventures, and I wager Blossom's dad is too flat that I think he was supposed to sound embarrassed when he was blushing near the end.