• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokèmon that you prefer over their evolved forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I know it’s not uncommon to like a lot unevolved Pokèmon for the cuteness appeal, but most times you’ll find a person prefers their Pokèmon fully evolved. Are there any Pokèmon you prefer over their evolved forms? Please elaborate on your preferences

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Yes, there are some:

Bulbasaur and Ivysaur
Gastly and Haunter
Abra
Dragonair
Gible and Gabite
Spinarak
Scyther

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
200px-Blake_Dewott.png

Dewott easily. I had this funny discussion in the Pokemon Adventures section of why does Blake's Dewott always looks so pissed and apparently that's just how he always looks in the games. What's even more funnier is that all of Blake's Pokemon, including Dewott, have a serious nature lol.

Orphalesion

Chikorita: It's cute, if not especially good. The things around it's neck look like a pearl necklace and all that stuff.
In comparison Bayleef looks like it has marijuana joints hanging from its neck and generally looks kinda seedy. Meganium looks a bit better than Beyleef, but now it just looks boring...

Hoothoot: An adorable round fantasy owl....evolves into a generic anime owl.

And while we are on owls:
Rowlet: The single most adorable starter imho, and I freaking hate both of its evolutions.

Drowzee: Adorable, chubby, sleepy Baku-like thing....evolves into a pedo-gnome?

Onix: Not that I like Onix all that much, but it deserves better than to evolve into what looks like a smelly old creep.
I also don't really like the Nidorans, Nidiorina/Nidorino and Rhyorn, but I sure like them better than the ugly, bumpy, boring Kaiju-Ripoffs they evolve into.

Dragonair: Beautiful, elegant, interesting....and evolves into something as dopey and dumpy as Dragonite...and then those ridiculous attempts to make Dragonite look badass *rolleyes* Dragonite will never be badass. It's a bumbling kiddie dragon.
Goomy has similar problems...

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
There’s a couple for sure. I love Phantump way more than it’s evolved form because it’s far cuter. Dragonair also comes to mind (I don’t hate Dragonite but I like Dragonair more). I largely feel the same way with Pikachu but I still really like Raichu (I tend to keep my female Pikachu’s Pikachu and evolve the Male ones into Raichu).

I dislike Chesnaught/Quilladin but I think Chespin itself is adorable.

I like Sceptile well enough but I think Grovyle is way cooler looking.

ThroughTheIris56

I prefer Sneasel to Weavile. I like Weavile as well, I just think Sneasel has a sleeker design, whereas Weavile is somewhat uglier.

Rhydon I defiitely prefer to Rhyperior. I've always loved Rhydon, but Rhyperior just looks overdone.

Lombre looks a lot cooler with the water lily head than Ludicolo.7

Magmortar is a bit disappointing considering how much Electivire is an improvement.

I don't dislike Dragonite or prefer Dragonair, but I wish Dragonair's evolution could have been more elegant and resembled it more.
6cfcc4bfdc42793428f538d428dd0f62-d6t2n4t.png

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Braixen. I've never been a fan of Delphox, she's the only fully evolved Kalos starter that I don't like.... quite funny how I dislike Chespin/Quilladin and love Bowser. It's like the mirror image to Braixen's line lol
That's pretty much the only Pokemon I can say.... unless you can count Eeveelutions, in which case Eevee is FAR superior to Sylveon!

Luthor

A strange one I've always liked is Kakuna. Especially in gen 1 where it has arms. I'm aware battle wise it isn't particularly useful but I do think it looks cool.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Realized I never answered my own question so here’s a couple but I generally prefer the final evolutions:

Wynaut & Riolu: I think Baby Pokèmon, while useless besides Dex filler, are cute. While these are not my favorites but I can’t stand their evolved forms. Mainly because of their overexposure in the anime

Haunter: Fits the role of prankster ghost better than Gengar

Seadra: Looks more menacing

Anorith: Oddly cute. Never cared for Armaldo

Dewott: I don’t like Oshawott or Samurott. Samurott especially since it just looks weird

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I like Torracat and Braixen, since they are sleek, but Incineroar and Delphox are really disappointing.
Rhydon is pretty decent design-wise, but Rhyperior looks overweight and has a weird tail shape and colour scheme.
Although I like Typhlosion, Quilava is even cooler-looking, it is sleek and I love its fiery mohawk.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I like Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Pikachu, Lickitung, Sewaddle, Lillipup, Alolan Meowth, Cosmog over Cosmoem but not Solgaleo and Lunala, and Magmar over their Evolutions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I prefer Shishiko (Litleo) over its evolved form, because to me it just looks more adorable as a lion cub than a fully-grown lion. I also prefer Mokuroh (Rowlet) over Junaiper (Decidueye).

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
Oh, so many...

Ivysaur > Venusaur*
Spearow > Fearow
Nidorino > Nidoking
Golbat > Crobat
Oddish > Gloom
Diglett > Dugtrio
Weepinbell > Victreebel
Magnemite > Magneton > Magnezone*
Doduo > Dodrio
Onix > Steelix
Drowzee > Hypno
Lickitung > Lickilicky*
Rhydon > Rhyperior*
Tangela > Tangrowth*
Seadra > Kingdra
Staryu > Starmie
Scyther > Scizor
Electabuzz > Electivire*
Magmar > Magmortar*
Porygon > Porygon2 > Porygon-Z*
Bayleef > Meganium*
Togetic > Togekiss*
Aipom > Ambipom*
Yanma > Yanmega*
Murkrow > Honchkrow*
Misdreavus > Mismagius*
Gligar > Gliscor*
Piloswine > Mamoswine*
Sneasel > Weavile*

I basically dislike most of the evolutions introduced generations later (specially those of Gen IV). They come out forced and out of place, aesthetically speaking. Those with an * are Pokémon that I refuse to evolve on playthroughs because the design of the next evolution is not as appealing to me.

I dislike all the mega evolutions and regional variants, so you can count those as well by default.

Lemonski

Vigoroth looks cool while Slaking really isn't my thing. I also like Ivysaur more than Venusaur - I wonder why Venusaur also had to lose those darker patches of color both Bulbasaur and Ivysaur have.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Surprised no one said the pans yet, I prefer all three pans over the simis. My main pokemon that I'd never want to evolve are (or wouldn't want to evolve if I was said pokemon): Pansage, Panpour, Pansear, Diglet, Koffing, Murkrow, Bunnelby, Togetic, and Herdier

catzeye

Writer's Block
Dewott over Samurott: Don't get me wrong, I love Samurott's design, just not for the Oshawott line. I think the Oshawott line should have remined bipedal with Samurott being it's own line.

Dragonair over Dragonite: I love Dragonite's design, but I think he is out of place in the Dratini line. I wished they kept the Eastern dragon look for the Dratini line and Dragonite could have been a stand alone or it's own line.

Magmar/Rhydon over Magmortar/Rhyperior: I thought their designs were overdone. I would have rather seen them get a mega-evolution or general stat boost compared to what we got instead

Status
Not open for further replies.