• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokèmon that you prefer over their evolved forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Pikachu obviously. Many prefer it over Raichu by way of being the mascot.

TRNRLogan

Bulbasaur>Ivysaur>Venusaur

Also Farfetch'd > the scrapped gen 2 evo.

Honedge over Doublade but not Aegislash.

Frogadier over Greninja due to the tongue ruining the design for me. If it was bubbles I'd love Greninja.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
seadra (not that i use that pokemon), scyther, tranquil.

for scrapped evos: Farfetch'd and Flygon (mega gladfully scrapped)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Zigzagoon, Braixen, Cubchoo, Pumpkaboo, Piloswine, Rhydon, and Torchic are some of the most notable ones for me.

TRNRLogan

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Shroomish is a great Grass-type with some handy status moves like Poison Powder and Leech Seed, and some pretty solid damaging moves like Headbutt and Mega Drain.

Breloom is a mediocre Fighting-type that learns almost no decent moves until it's past level 30, so you need to keep going with the same strategies you used for Shroomish until then.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's hard to give an unbiased answer thanks to the good old Eviolite, but I prefer Chansey over Blissey

WolfCypher

Rhydon over Rhyperior. Rhyperior RUINED THAT FAMILY

Marill over Azumarill
Graveler over Golem
Tyrouge over Hitmontop
Spoink waaaaaaaaaay over Grumpig
Tangela over Tangrowth
Adorable Craniados over Rampardos
Gothita over Gothiretta and Gothitelle
Litten and Torracat over Incineroar

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I prefer snorunt over both of its evolved forms. It's just so much cuter, even if it's not as good in battle. It applies to the anime too, as I still wish to this day that they'd never evolved Ash's snorunt.

TRNRLogan

I like Koffing over Weezing. I know it sounds really picky and even kind of dumb since Weezing is basically two Koffing fused together, but I just find Koffing cuter.

Koffing is cute and happy while Weezing is ugly and depressed.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Duskull
Kricketot
Buneary
Bunnelby
Ivysaur
Squirtle/Wartortle
Bidoof
Azurill
Flabebe/Floette
Gabite