1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokèmon that you prefer over their evolved forms?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Ignition, Apr 18, 2019.

1. PhantomSnake

PhantomSnake Member

I can think of two right now. The first one being Bayleef. When I first played gen 2 I got upset when I saw what it looked like when it evolved into Meganium. Something about the flower around it's neck I just don't like. And the fact that it loses the leaf on its head for antenna. The leaf was real cute I thought. Bayleef is one of my all time favorite Pokemon and Meganium is pretty low on my list.

Next one is Crabrawler. I won't understand why they decided to give it an ice type in it's evolution. The first form looks like a water type along with it's fighting type. I don't think Crabrawler should've had an evolution at all.

Venomshock and NeedsAName like this.
  2. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *grooming n' purring*

thought I had replied here, guess not

the only one that comes to mind is Zorua
    Zoroark is ok looking, looses that cute fox design that Zorua has, I'm not really a fan of 'humanoid' looking Pokemon, werewolf form that Zoroark has really ruins the cute fox kit design of Zorua

Leosnake likes this.
  3. Vahnstad

Vahnstad Active Member

Dewott
    Magmortar
    Rhydon
    Bayleef
    The Apes
    Lickitung
    Many of Gen IV new evolutions
    Vigoroth
    Tepig
    Litten
    Charmander over Charmeleon
    Chespin

Venomshock likes this.
  4. NeedsAName

NeedsAName Well-Known Member

They needed a non-form Ice type and Crabrawler drew the short stick. Real shame. It wouldn't have been that hard to create a new ice-type evolutionary line relegated to Poni Canyon and Mount Lanikila.

5. Leosnake

Leosnake Well-Known Member

Dragonair, Gabite, Grovyle, Quilava (I don't dislike either Sceptile or Typhlosion and will evolve into them. I just prefer the designs of their previous forms). Aipom, Scyther, Spritzee (I really like the design and think it is cute. Never have used one though in part since I had Pokemon X. But also felt Aromatisse was a missed opportunity. Or at least seems more like a middle stage to me).

Edit: also prefer Litten, Tepig and Totodile but again will evolve.

Venomshock likes this.
  6. KalloFox34

KalloFox34 1990s Nicktoon Junkie

Elekid and Magby come to mind very fast.

Harmonie and Venomshock like this.
  7. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Applin. Not just my favorite pre-evolution, my favorite dragon-type lol.