• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Poké-Ball: The Poké-Overhaul

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I haven’t had much to do on Serebii lately, so I thought I’d change that by starting a game of my own Re-Introducing: Poké-Ball, the Pokémon Sporting Sensation! This is a reboot of my original game on this forum in which pokémon play soccer, now adapted to be playable by several users at a time.

Here is how the game works: Twelve players will be arranged into two teams of six pokémon, which will compete against one another in a game of soccer. Every turn, the players select moves from their respective pokémons’ movepools to make steals, shots or other shenanigans towards the objective of knocking the ball into the opponents’ goal. Each field player has up to 2 of such moves, while each goalie has 4 up to 4 moves to prevent the ball from entering their goal. Once either all players have used up their moves, or once it has been 48 hours since the last command has been posted, the refaree (that’s me!) will post a reffing, which will state the results of the commands, and whether any goals have been scored. After 8 of these turns, if one team has scored more goals than the other, that team wins. If not, the game will go into sudden death, and the victory will go to whichever team can make the next score.

Some rules for play:

- This is a sport, not a fight, so any needless assault on opposing players will result in a yellow pikachu card, two of which will lead to a red charmander card, resulting in the player being disqualified from play. Attacks towards the objective of obtaining the ball are an exception to this, so if an opposing player has the ball, you can attack them in order to make a steal from them

- If a player is either disqualified, or cannot play due to external circumstances, the team may call in another user to replace that player

- If filling in for another user, the stand-in user must use the same pokémon as the user they replace. If replacing a disqualified player, it is possible to use another pokémon, but it must share at least one type with the pokémon that is being replaced

- While I’m starting with keeping move options relatively open (which may be subject to change as the game develops), I am, as per the original game, outlawing the move, protect right off the bat; blocking shots gets just a little too easy if just about every player is capable of producing an impenetrable forcefield

- Each time a move results in a player gaining possession of the ball, there will be a 10% chance of a Voltorb Trap, in which instead of the ball, the player actually has a voltorb painted white and black. This will result in an explosion, causing the victim of the Voltorb Trap to faint or be badly hurt

- A user whose pokémon has fainted must replace their pokémon with a pokémon of a different species, but which shares at least one type with the pokémon being replaced.

The first phase is signup: There are 12 spots for players, each of which must choose a pokémon to participate as. Once all spots are filled, the first two players to claim the role of captain will be set to play against each other, and form a team from the remaining players, each one assigning a goalie.