• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PokéBlock, Stock & Berry! (366)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
PokéBlock, Stock & Berry! (366)

PokéBlock, Stock & Berry!

Finally in Lilycove City, May meets up with one of the people who make Pokéblocks and decides to make some of her own to improve her Pokémon's contest stats. Meanwhile, Ash is trying to teach his Swellow Aerial Ace, the attack Winona used which never missed. Will he succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

May's Pokémon didn't look too happy when she gave them some PokéBlocks, lol.
I'm glad that Ash's Swellow finally learned Aerial Ace, It's a great move!
I hope that May get's better at making PokéBlocks.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
YEA...the pokeblock...were like poison to them...Skitty's face was so cute...

i would have liked it if they had made Swellow's crash more cartoonish..i love those kind of scenes...

V

vulpix

i can tell that May isn't the best person on making pokeblock,her pokemon didn't like it very much..you can tell.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Very good introduction of Kanata, and her Grumpig was cute!
Many priceless expressions here, I think my favorite scene was when Brock screamed as he thought he was the one who got pulled by the ear although it was Max. That poor guy is getting mental problems from this whole dragging-away-thing I think..

I'm glad that May used Combusken in this Contest, it's one of the coolest Pokémon in the whole gang in my opinion. I liked it how it came out of its Pokéball^^
There was a nice cliffhanger at the end; I'm too stupid that I watched the actual Contest episode before this one >_<
Overall, a very good ep.

Kanata is cute. Oh, and Grumpig too. They just go so well together. I hope this episode is dubbed well. From what I've seen of the Munchlax episode pictures, May apparently sucks at making Pokeblocks.

B

Blaziken master

I just saw this episode.Its pretty good
Kelly's voice is pretty annoying,but grumpig's sounds a bit like camerupt at some points and numel in others.
The old man is called Flatmire the attacker{Well thats what he said he was called when he was younger}.
The trainer's choice was wrong again - which pokemon is best against spoink:swampert,makuhita or qwilfish.The answer..duh duh duh makuhita.Do they even know their games jeez
Funny quote
Jessie:Did you notice that grumpig pokemon James?
James:If you mean it looks like my ex fionce then yes
Yeah and the appeal at the end with May is so awesome when it spins into the air

Alfonso

Derpgull
Blaziken master said:
Funny quote
Jessie:Did you notice that grumpig pokemon James?
James:If you mean it looks like my ex fionce then yes
Yeah and the appeal at the end with May is so awesome when it spins into the air

Um.

UM.

W

T

F

!

OMFG. 4Kids actually remembers Jessibelle. Holy f*cking sh*t. o____o And if that ISN'T a 4Kids line, then it must be a scriptwriters line, which means they actually frikking REMEMBER stuff from Kanto.

Either bloody way, a Jessibelle reference is still pretty damn nifty. The Rumishippers must be crying out in pain though. XD

Geodude

Jessie: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking about Grumpig?"
James: "If it's reminding you of my ex-fiancee, then yes."

That was the exact quote. I love how James said it with clenched teeth. :D

Blaziken master said:
The old man is called Flatmire the attacker{Well thats what he said he was called when he was younger}.
Not Flatmire, Vladimir. It's Russian (and I think also Spanish, considering this guy).

So he used to be Vladimir the Attacker, but now he's just called Ralph? LOL

Last edited:
Finally, we have reached Lillycove! The place for Pokemon Contests (literally in Emerald). A full blown Berry Market, a Pokeblock Shop, and a bad omelette resturant make this a prety great place.

New Pokemon: Grumpig

Okay, Grumpig should have had a voice kinda like Spoink's, but this is still fine!

Suprising Leave-ins:
Okay, I'm suprized 4Kids kept in the part where Kelly, May, and Grumpig "flirt" on the bench:
[img300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/Mistylover17/AG90_068.jpg[/img300]
And then...
[img300]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/408.jpg[/img300]
(ooops, can't find it! you know what it is)

Now, the ending brings one of the hugest clifhangers in Pokemon History, Combusken's Firespin is out of control! who knows what could happen!

16/20

Nice effort 4Kids, nice effort!

OMG! They threw in a Jessebelle reference?! Gabbani didn't mention that!:p Oh, and Kanata's new name is Kelly. I for one hate it. It should've been April, dammit!>_<; Yep, you heard me: 4Kids just ruined a clever(at least with the Japanese version) pun.:(

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
Well, I just saw this episode and it was okay. I didn't like the name Kelly though, I thought it would have been Katie or Katherine. Kelly's attitude was very odd and Ash and co. always find the weirdest friends. The only reason they put that ending in was to get you to watch the next episode. By looking at serebii's pics it looks like may doesn't burn and die but is saved by combusken. All in all it was an okay episode.

G

Geki

I liked the episode a lot. I think this episode is the best introduction to a contest that has happened so far in Hoenn!! I can't beleive Ash tried that berry, does he ever learn? It was also a bonus when Ash was teaching Swellow Aerial Ace.

5/5

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I liked the way this episode went right into the Contest at the end. Lots of the previous contest episodes waited for the second episode to start the actual contest, but this one started off right away.

- Nice introduction of Kelly. "I sure hope someone's looking where I'm walking because I'm not!" LOL

- The Pokeblock scenes were cute. I always like the fact that May is nervous in almost every contest she enters. One of the reasons why I think May is one of the best developed characters in the show, her interactions during the contests are really well done.

- Yay, Kelly snuggles with May on the bench. :: points to sig::

- Notice that Brock didn't flirt with Kelly? I guess the theory holds true, Brock doesn't flirt with girls younger than him who may also become Ash or May's potential love interests.

- May took out TR all by herself in this episode. Guess she's learned a thing or two from Ash.

- Ash actually training one of his Pokemon, a nice sub-plot to the episode.

- Jessie really scared the hell out of Chimecho, that poor cute thing. I also liked the continuity from the Poke-ringer episode.

- Brock really hung around Kelly and May a lot in this episode. He should have tried making his own Pokeblocks.

- Even though Ash left the Contest hall, I liked the fact that they still showed him watching May compete on the television screen.

- This episode should be proof that May will be staying around for a very long time. (As if we didn't all know that already). May stated that she still wants to travel and see the world, and doesn't want to get tied down yet.

Good episode, next week should be very good.

FlareonJupiter

F&J Manga-Ka
Kelly's mom: she's a friendlier version of the Goldenrod Galeria employee from "A Goldenrod Opportunity" and the lady with the broom who wanted to hit the Smeargles from "The Art of Pokemon". Hmmm...

Medea

Excalibur
This was such a good episode and I cannot wait until next week to see the contest...I just thought it was funny how James compared Grumpig and Jessibell...*lmao*

...Now then...*clears throat*...*waves the WTF flag*...4Kids you've done it again! Wow, I did not know that Makuhita is the best choice to battle against Spoink! [/sarcasm]

Thriller

Its almost time
Jessie at Chimecho:Listen you floating piece of hand Towel!

I didn't want to lol at that but I did.

I forgot about Jesebelle and when James said something about his ex I thought "There 4kids goes again screwing up James' Past further."

Medea

Excalibur
OMG, I forgot!!!

...I feel sorry for poor Chimecho, having to deal with that wench Jessie. Yeah sorry, but that's Jessie for you.