• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokédex/Attackdex Errors

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

VioletPumpkin

If it exists, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the chain used to breed Flatter onto Inkay. I've been testing just about every plausible chain with someone else and we've come up with nothing.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
If it exists, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know the chain used to breed Flatter onto Inkay. I've been testing just about every plausible chain with someone else and we've come up with nothing.

Sorry, that's an error. Parts of my testing database seeped through for Kalos Pokémon. Thought I fixed it.

VioletPumpkin

Looks like some more testing database errors got through the Sinnoh egg move update, most of which won't be testable until Pokebank (even if they all look appealing :p) but connect to some of the past errors, like Switcheroo Klefki/Wide Guard Honedge.

Under Pre-evolution only moves for Gallade, Ralts is listed as learning Ally Switch through egg, which is currently untestable until Ralts that learned Ally Switch from TM in Gen V can be transferred over to XY. Likewise, Probopass has Wide Guard from Nosepass egg (untestable currently), and Froslass Hex and Switcheroo (past-gen egg move, but untestable without Yamask and untestable until Cottonee is available, respectively). Dusknoir and Drifloon also had Haze listed in their egg moves, which doesn't appear to be possible to test without Koffing/Yamask, unless there's a new chain not listed yet.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Looks like some more testing database errors got through the Sinnoh egg move update, most of which won't be testable until Pokebank (even if they all look appealing :p) but connect to some of the past errors, like Switcheroo Klefki/Wide Guard Honedge.

Under Pre-evolution only moves for Gallade, Ralts is listed as learning Ally Switch through egg, which is currently untestable until Ralts that learned Ally Switch from TM in Gen V can be transferred over to XY. Likewise, Probopass has Wide Guard from Nosepass egg (untestable currently), and Froslass Hex and Switcheroo (past-gen egg move, but untestable without Yamask and untestable until Cottonee is available, respectively). Dusknoir and Drifloon also had Haze listed in their egg moves, which doesn't appear to be possible to test without Koffing/Yamask, unless there's a new chain not listed yet.

Really should have gone with a different name for the test database haha. The way I have been doing it has been to have the same database, edit it, then activate certain bits when they're ready. Didn't twig that they would show up on pre-evo moves.

Clockwork

Hmmm...
I feel obliged to point out an error on Zigzagoon's X/Y Dex page. As of Gen 6, it's now the Tiny Raccoon Pokemon instead of Tinyraccoon. Yay for space increases!

Artnerd

Insane Artist

VioletPumpkin

Phew, looks like a lot of egg moves are done for now, but there were two that I know of that are missing from the Hoenn update. Wide Guard for Wingull/Pelipper, and Guard Split for Spinda (Smeargle only now, Elgyem too after Pokebank).

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Phew, looks like a lot of egg moves are done for now, but there were two that I know of that are missing from the Hoenn update. Wide Guard for Wingull/Pelipper, and Guard Split for Spinda (Smeargle only now, Elgyem too after Pokebank).

Thanks, shall double check them and wing them up.

I appreciate you helping with this.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Under Chimecho it is listed that it can get Recover without requiring Chingling. Is this true, or is it just an error?

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Under Chimecho it is listed that it can get Recover without requiring Chingling. Is this true, or is it just an error?

Oh of course, I just used Chingling's listings as a base. Will double check when I get a chance

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Kurisu1701

Yohoho, and tea!
I didn't see a section for abilities in the Serrebii.net Discussion, so I believe this is where my post would go.

I was checking through Slowbro's X & Y page, and noticed that the ability Oblivious has not been updated. I checked the others, and saw that the in game text for Oblivious still reads: "Prevents the Pokémon from becoming infatuated," while the ability in X & Y now reads: "Prevents the Pokémon from becoming infatuated or falling for taunts."

I did only a brief look through this forum, so I apologize if this has already been brought up.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

VioletPumpkin

In Hawlucha's egg moves, is Mud Sport an error? Other than an unlisted chain, there doesn't appear to be any way of breeding it onto Hawlucha.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
In all of the starters' Dex pages, the Pledge moves are incorrectly listed as Gen V exclusive(in addition to being listed as exclusive to B2/W2, but that's not important).

Edit: Same is true for the Elemental Hyper Beams and Venusaur and Ivysaur's Seed Bomb(it gets it from Bulbasaur).

Edit 2: Nevermind, the latter is how you handle the things. Also Amaura's Magnet Rise is currently unavailable unless you saw it on the Battle Maison. Same goes for Bergmite and Amaura's Barrier as well.

Last edited:

Spartansn1p3r

Hey guys, first time posting on these forums, just wanted to say that you haven't added the move Happy Hour to the attackdex, I have a smeargle with that move, its base pp is 30 and its a status move, the description says ''Using Happy Hour doubles the amount of prize money received after battle'' Ive tested with this and it stacks with the amulet coin and prize money o-power, the only way to get it is from an event inkay in japan. Thanks! -Spartan