• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokédex Improvment Ideas?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokédex Improvment Ideas?

Ok guys,

As we all know, the Serebii.net DP Pokédex is widely regarded as one of the, if not the, best Pokédexes on the web, however people still have some issues with it. Plus, as I have a fair bit of time on my hands now, it seems logical that I can implement it, without being bored. The Egg Chains bit that I added several months ago ended up taking less than an afternoon to do.

So, this thread...put all your ideas for improving our Dex. Things I should add, or shouldn't have...even layout suggestions for the Dex

So yeah, dont be shy lol

OverlordPhoros

Needs more Wobbuffet
Would it be possible to have sections of data that are collapsible and it remembers it for each entry? After a while theres some information I don't really wanna see again and have to scroll down further. Like Pokemon Locations and the TM/HM Learnables so it could be like hidden from view temporarily

Sunshine Mew

Pi-Pika-Chuu!
Would it be possible to have sections of data that are collapsible and it remembers it for each entry? After a while theres some information I don't really wanna see again and have to scroll down further. Like Pokemon Locations and the TM/HM Learnables so it could be like hidden from view temporarily

i would love that, we also need the names alphabetcal too

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
they are alphabetical already

Blazios

Add the names of the Pokemon in other languages besides English and Japanese.

I agree with this, but at the very least the names of the 14 Pokémon with Foreign 'dex entries.

Also, it while not a proper improvement, it would be nice if you could update the banner on the first page of the 'dex to include 4th gen Pokémon and sprites.

SpoinkDude

Maybe links on the Routes and places you catch Pokemon which go to pages listing all the items and Pokemon you can find there. For example, if you went on Bidoof'fs Pokedex Page and clicked the link to Route 201, a page with Bidoof, Starly, Doduo, Nidoran (Male and Female), Growlithe and the items (i believe Potion is the only one) would apear, it would be easier to find out about routes and stuff this way.

MewCrew

all the pokemon in all the languages and like tm and hm lists of everything that pokemon can lern cuz its annoying going on serebii to find out what it learns

Imperator_Venit

Maybe adding the minimum of each Pokemon's stat (i.e. without any EVs and 0 IVs). Those kind of things help make a point to people who believe that EVs are pointless.

OverlordPhoros

Needs more Wobbuffet
Oh yes. Maybe a mini IV Calculator too for each pokemon on it's page?

Jazzy

Typical
I'd like to see more than the top 100 when looking up every stat, as I'd like to be able to compare a few more things than we can now.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Also, while its not a proper improvement, it would be nice if you could update the banner on the first page of the 'dex to include 4th gen Pokémon and sprites.

I would like to see this as well. It would help set it apart from the 3rd Gen Dex and it might make the Dex look better quality first apperance

DieChavsDie

SpoinkDude's suggestion, and the 100 worst in each stat.

Celebitwo

Celebi Clone
Fore Pokemon that can be caught in the Great Marsh, can you add to their location which area they are found in

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A preferred nature for each pokemon, many preferred natures, if thats the case.
Thats not really what the Pokedex is for. The dex is a database of information. Stuff like that goes in things like the Pokemon of the Week

m190049

Local psychopath
A small personal type chart would be VERY helpfull. Also a search Bar.

If there's a small type chart, I wouldnt have to go to that type page JUST to check weaknesses and resistances.

Here are some references/examples:
Marriland's Site (Celebi) - See theWeaknesses and Resistances thing? The quick search is there too.
Veekun (Celebi) - See the Type Chart? This Pokedex also has a Pokedex lookup thing, in the top right.

Those two features would make the Pokedex a LOT better. I'd say the Type compadibilty would be most important though.

On an un-related topic it would help if you could update this thing so it links to the DP Pokedex:
dex.jpg
(On the forums)

Last edited:

Innocent Squirtle

I think you should add an abilitydex on to the site that works just like the pokedex, movedex, and berrydex. And you also need to include ALL the move a pokemon can learn, whether it's from third gen move tutors, purification, or events.