• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémen: season 2

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 20: The house of cards comes tumbling down

“What’s keeping you, come on!” Fred yelled as he breathed his Arcanine form’s fire at the trees.

“Fred? Is that you?” Leaf said an instant before he dived down and hugged his brother. “I found you I found you I found you! You alright?”

Leaf’s hug felt as warm as Milonika’s, perhaps even warmer as Fred remembered why he got himself worked up like this all the time. So he would care what happened to people.

“Eh, hello,” Leaf said a bit flustered to the Milotic Pokéwomen who soothed him as soon as he’d come near them.

“No worries, they’re friendly,” Fred said.

“What? Yeah, sure,” Leaf said as he waved hello to the Pokéwomen.

He instantly trusted them, almost as if they’d thrown a spell on them… Fred thought.

Leaf meanwhile called in the others and it wasn’t long before they had all gathered in between the machines and the lake. Everyone was glad they were back together and had found each other, but Fred had other things on his mind.

“Melody?” he said.

“Eh, yes Fred?” Melody said.

Crystal and Lyra saw her hesitation and gave her a little shove so she faced Fred.

“What is your fourth move, the one you tried to show me?” Fred said. “Maybe you even used it without realizing it.”

“Ehm, I, I don’t know, it was Attract, but I honestly didn’t use it,” Melody said as she began to turn red and shivered. Did she ever use it?

“What’re you thinking about Fred, we have the cure,” Benny said.

“Yes… and we now know exactly what to do as Pokémen, to finally reunite all of us,” Fred said. “Contact the professor that we’re teleporting in with the machines and that he should get everything ready for the cure. Let’s end this once and for all. Lyra… You always loved Ben, didn’t you? Don’t say anything, I know. You were right to do so.”

“Prepare for the new supplies, I want our new cyborg servants to get right on installing those new modules and supercomputers to compute stronger Pokémen as soon as they arrive,” Nicolas said as he reveled in the power now at his disposal. Soon he would crush anyone else standing in his way and so he would prove once and for all…

“Attention Reminisce and the rest of the lowly criminals currently trying to take it over. We hereby challenge Nicolas, his girlfriend, Ben, A.A. and all the other Retroments to come and take us on where Ben attacked last time. Try and defeat us, Gengar twit or don’t come when you’re afraid to lose,” Fred said on the flat screen behind Nicolas which he quickly faced. All the Pokémen especially Fred and Lyra looked confident that this dare instantly rendered them untouchable and invincible. They weren’t cured at all and their clothes looked more and more like Pokémon feathers and scales. So they want to go out with a bang before their increased Pokémon powers turn to taking over their human halves? So be it. Nicolas knew this could very well be a trap, but he also knew it didn’t matter when Fred had lost his mind and he would lose any common human sense before long. Nicolas would bring all his forces and have them kill every Pokéman and woman on sight.

The town of Lovend had been deserted after Ben’s last attack. Large human masses and Pokémon alike had flooded to the big cities as they felt these dangerous creatures wrecking their buildings was only the beginning. There was nobody left except the Pokémen, hiding in the last buildings that still gave some cover from Nicolas’ living Pokémon weapons.

“Set it up now,” Fred said through his wristband as his hand started shifting through it as he struggled to form himself into a strong Pokémon.

“Well well well, if it isn’t dear Fred trying to set up a trap. Sadly, it won’t work,” Nicolas said.

His army had gathered behind him. The Cacturne, some Metagross, Ben, A.A., the other original Retroments, more Retroments than Fred or anyone could identify and Minami. It was an army to take over much more than a city. How could they possibly defeat them?

“This will end here Nicolas. And you will order A.A. to release Ben,” Fred said.

“So… You figured it out, huh? Attract can do a lot of things when a manipulative and psychically intelligent Retroment like A.A. uses it on a long term. The best thing is Ben’s pathetic leadership enthusiasm allowed him to use the multi-Pokémon wristband most effectively. What makes you think you can stop all that might?” Nicolas said.

Fred had stalled enough as he had finally found what he was looking for. From the distant region of Unova had come this creature whose form he was taking on. He’d never seen one in real life and so it felt weird as his body shifted with the DNA sample Prof. Ball had given him. His dark red pointing shoulders, his oval ditto legs, his dark black body and his dark red helmet with a long yellow curved blade on top of it were as hard and sharp as steel. The knives around his waist made him untouchable without the other person getting all cut up in the process. His white armored toes stretched to make him stand on edge and his white gloves were edged with long fins that were as lethal as the rest of him.

“This dark warrior is called Bisharp,” Fred said. “He’s also steel. Making your tactics… outdated. Now, swords dance.”

“Get him!” Nicolas yelled as he threw a shadow ball and speeding right behind it.

“Hey, I’m not that quick, no fair. Oh well…” Fred said as he held out his armored glove and caught the shadow ball before it dissipated against the dark and steel type he’d turned into. “You’ve found your match.”

“Raaaaah!” Nicolas said as he flicked his wristband to call on his fire and fighting Retroments to speed up with him.

A green rocket called Leaf the Flygon shot into the ground in the blink of an eye and unleashed a deafening earthquake toppling Nicolas’ support. Ruben hovered onto the field shortly afterwards and got cornered by some Hitmonlee.

“Hey, I was once a Hitmonlee,” Ruben said with a smile. “Then I got psychically smart.”

He unleashed a psychic wave before any of the Hitmonlee could touch his armored metal plating and spun through the air, knocking them all down like bowling pins stuck in a pinball machine. Benny and Crystal sort of reluctantly teamed up to take down the rest of Nicolas’ support while Melody met up with Minami.

“Well, how fitting,” Minami said as her red crystal started to glow, “But I was expecting the stronger girlfriend to meet her end at my hand.”

“I coldly don’t care,” Melody said in her Froslass form as she blasted Minami with a blizzard and covered the surrounding buildings in ice.

“Fred, Kai picked up signals. It’s Giselle and Daisy, you got to hurry!” Marino said as he helped Wally set up their last resort along with Prof. Ball. The latter was cringing at the fact he was outside after all this time, making a machine no less.

“Got it, thanks Clue,” Fred said as his hand glowed with dark energy and he charged at Nicolas before the latter could react and hit him in the ghostly gut with a hard-hitting sucker punch.

Then Nicolas disappeared.

“Sorry Freddy boy, substitute,” Nicolas said as he threw away a TM that had been attached to his arm as his beaming unnatural eyes burned with adrenaline. The focus punch hit as hard as you’d expect and broke through all Fred’s defenses. Then, Fred lost consciousness as a Lugia Pokéwoman roared.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 21: Reunion or reign

“Fred’s down,” Ruben said. “And the girlfriends are here.”

“Then it’s time for us to move,” Marino said.

Nicolas approached Fred’s unconscious body, helplessly lying there like the pink blob he really was. It had been almost too easy. Perhaps he had really underestimated Fred as an opponent and in the end reputation gets you a leader position rather than true skill. Every girl’s favorite everyman. Seems that average intelligence fell him short. But Nicolas wouldn’t have it like this. He knew Fred had one final trick up his sleeve and he had to do something about that, by shifting the Pokémen’s priorities from using the trick against Nicolas from saving Fred from his ghostly grasp.

“Are you all listening you twits and flirts? I have your leader right here at my mercy. If you move a muscle, wing or whatever, I will crush him. I hear Minami is busy taking one of you down as we speak, so let’s speed up the process shall we? Remember, no moving. Bring me the machines,” Nicolas said.

A group of Cacturne shook their head as they pulled along the installation consisting of several components and put it behind Nicolas a threatening doomsday machine.

“With my extended resources that I nicked from CYBER as awarded by the board for beating their pitiful cyborgs, I managed to get a sample for a quite extraordinary database: a collection of legendary Pokémon’s DNA, ready for blasting.”

Nicolas still held onto Fred and kept his stony form together as Fred slipped into a deep sleep and camouflaged himself as a subconscious defense mechanism. It wouldn’t matter now.

“Get ready Pokémen,” Nicolas said as he switched on the machine and it aimed… for him.

The white light shone with a shocking intensity that he’d only witnessed before when he changed the two girls Kai wanted to save… into his two greatest weapons.

The light didn’t leave as soon as it had appeared, but instead faded away as darkness enveloped from Nicolas’ new shadowy form. He stretched out his sinister black wings with red tips as his grey body shimmered with dark golden rings and a similar headset like a pharaoh on his head. His body was adorned by a black front with red stripes and his six legs trampled with golden spikes on their sides and claws digging into Lovend’s ground. His grey tail flicked around as his dark red eyes looked around for its first prey. Fred was lying at his feet, motionless as all rocks usually do.

“Personally I don’t care what you do next, as long as I eventually get you to bow before the Pokémon lord of antimatter, Giratina. Within a few minutes, you’ll all get vaporized,” Nicolas said with his dark growl, but he knew any Pokémen in their Pokémon form would understand his chilling little speech.

After Nicolas’ thunderous roar, Lovend grew silent.

The Cacturne Retroments looked around as they had understood the ominous statement as well. Where were those things the others had been fighting? Those things that could become human like the one that created them.

Nicolas heaved and dug his claws into the ground. What was this? How dare they… They were beaten.

“Come out of there or I’ll… come get you!” He yelled as dark waves sprung from his every ring and were sent flying in every direction.

Houses buckled under the tremendous power he showed and collapsed within minutes, trees snapped clean in half, the very air trembled as Nicolas’ anger rose. Then, as the dust settled, he could see colorful figures appearing.

With his eyes having grown more powerful than most Pokémon their strongest attack, he could see through the grey and saw that amongst the colorful figures, there was Lyra. She was still in her beautiful Togekiss woman form, although the pristine white had been covered in the dust and mud of her pitiful defeat, Nicolas thought as he grinned. Even his allies shivered as he did so and a dark aura emanated much more further than the open place he was standing in.

“Kneel before me,” Nicolas said.

He wouldn’t waste any more time on chitchat.

Lyra nodded and did as he told her. The others among which were Fred’s cousins and half-brother, did the same. Nicolas also saw Minami with Melo-something coming forward, pushing the latter down as she reveled in her small victory.

Then she looked up to Nicolas with eyes as bright as the sun, contrasting the darkness of Nicolas ever so nicely.

“You look wonderful!” she said with delight.

Nicolas nodded as softly as was possible when you were as powerful as this. Even that simple gesture brought with it a shadowy cloak that flew at Minami as a Mismagius. She gratefully accepted the cloak into her ghostly essence.

The ghost type, the thing that had given Fred hard times as he struggled to control it… Suddenly he was wide awake.

“Ah, I see you are feeling all chipper again. Ready to accept your defeat?” Nicolas said as the simple thought almost blew Fred away.

Fred quickly reformed into his humble Kricketune form and looked up at Nicolas humongous side.

“You beat me,” Fred said.

He glanced at Lyra and the others and kneeled as well.

“Good… Now it’s time to destroy you once and for all. I’ve still got plans for this region, for this form…” Nicolas said.

A sharp pain jolted through him and it was hard for him to keep it concealed even in the boundless power he possessed.

“A shame you never got around to finding a cure for this endless power, am I right?” Fred said.

Nicolas’ anger rose up once more and he blasted all that power into another attack, one that could break Fred in one blow. The pitiful fool dodged it and looked back as he saw the gaping crater the attack had left behind. It was inches away from him as well as the others.

“How dare you… Minami, trap him. Wouldn’t want him to slip away again,” Nicolas/Giratina roared.

He kept growing calmer with each breath he took and each word he said. Soon it would be over.

“It’s over,” Nicolas said.

“Kinda hard to hit me when I’m such a small target with you having such a big mouth and all. You’re basically one huge target, ready for…” Fred said.

Nicolas grew shadowy arms and like a tranquil fury he unleashed his power into first gagging Fred until he could hardly breath and then he readied an all too real and deadly spike.

“Look up,” Lyra said.

Nicolas did so, but far too late. There was the machine that made cyborgs, linked to something controlled by Professor Ball and Kai Manning and held upright by Wally and Marino and their Pokémon together. It was also aimed for Nicolas. One big target. A giant blast erupted from the makeshift machine and shot at Nicolas.

To be continued…

Warning: Possible hiatus incoming. Could post another chapter next week and the week after but the break will last untill mid February:(

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I'm hopeful my plot and character development is improving^^

Episode 22: A collapse of order and a rise of chaos

And so it continues.

The blast was highly concentrated and other than the white wave of light that changed Pokémen into their Pokémon form and back and which had made them a hybrid the first time, this energy was a roaring orange, a densely controlled explosion that directed all its power at tearing away all the legendary Pokémon DNA in Nicolas’ body and restoring his human genes in full. He was normal again.

As the ghostly fogs cleared from his body, Nicolas appeared again with clothes that could separate from his body, other than the organic counterparts that Prof. Ball gave to the Pokémen to make them appear normal, clothed humans with a touch of cosplay. Melody looked at her own clothes, a white kimono that was actually part of her skin. Lyra remembered how her red Ledian jacket couldn’t be removed either.

The Retroments had lost their leader. Minami didn’t know what to do, her great love had become powerless.

“All stand your ground,” Kai said as he resumed control.

He gestured to Prof. Ball in his PorygonZ form who set the depokémanizing machine to a lower setting with more range and nodded for the others to stand back. A lighter orange wave with wide yellow rings enveloped the Retroments and Minami for a few seconds before it dissipated and revealed them to be cured, fully Pokémon as they were before or a plain old human like Minami.

“Bring us the Eevee girls and the Meowth,” Kai said.

Finally, they could everything right again. He saw his sister and girlfriend and rushed over to hug them, forgoing everything else. Marino dropped the machine as well and left Wally to call out one of his Pokémon to help hold it. All this to depokémanize all those Pokémon and people and now Kai’s sister Giselle and Marino’s sister Daisy stood there seemingly cured, embraced by their respective brothers, before switching to their boyfriends.

Minami walked over to Nicolas to help him up. The downgrade from a godlike entity like Giratina had exhausted him more than her and he struggled to remain upright as she tried to support him without her Mismagius powers. Fred appeared in front of them as he wouldn’t let them out of his sight now while the others prepared to cure the Eevee girls or simply rejoiced as their journey was coming to an end.

Fred turned into a Porygon and removed all the controlling devices Nicolas carried and hacked them to relieve his army of slaves of his control. The Pokémon scattered and the former Eevee girls gathered around Marino as they had recognized him. He’d dated quite a few of them for sure.

Benny zipped across the open space Nicolas’ dark blasts had created and became enveloped by dark energy as he pulled two hiding hybrids into the light with an aptly named pursuit attack. A Xatu Retroment that looked like a hipster teenage girl but was deadly intelligent and a Raichu Pokéman that made everyone look on as they got up.

“A.A. and her little pawn,” Fred said.

Lyra gasped and immediately ran over to Fred to pull on his arm.

“Fred, what are you planning to do? You know I can’t live without him,” she said as she struggled to keep her tears and emotions alike at bay.

“I know Lyra,” Fred said as he turned to Ben. “You never really had a choice, did you? The hybrid that resulted from a Xatu merged with a certain girl’s DNA turned out to be so devious that she used her whole package of looks and powers better than Kai or even Nicolas could’ve fathomed. You used attract on Ben to attach him to you.”

A.A. had looked stunned at the Pokémen that vastly outnumbered her and Ben, but now she formed a crooked smile. She’d already formed a plan for such an occasion. Fred tried transforming into another type, but the continuous transformations were clearly taking their toll. Before he could fully change, A.A. changed into her Xatu form, rushed forward and created a swelling gale as she did so. She blasted out her psychic energy at all the Pokémen who clenched their heads as they screamed out in agony before Benny sucker punched A.A. down on the ground and she fainted from the toll that the pursuit had done as well.

Fred had narrowly dodged the brunt of the attack and finished changing into an Absol. He nodded at Lyra who smiled as the tears broke through as well and she ran over to Ben to free him from A.A. once and for all. The latter was taken along to be dealt with later, as she could become too powerful for any cage as a full Xatu with the modifications she still had.

The cured Retroments that hadn’t fled which were mostly the original ones that Kai created, thanked those Pokémen that were in Pokémon form and forgave Kai for his actions if he cured them of their dangerous strange powers. They just wanted to be normal Pokémon now.

“Ben are you alright?” Lyra said as she held his head in her hands and held her forehead against his.

As her heal bell surrounded the both of them, she thought she heard him say: “Pika?”

“If you weren’t so cute,” Lyra said as she kissed him.

The love seemed to have been spreading as Marino and Kai had embraced their respective girlfriends as well in their Pokéwoman form and rekindled their love. They went without them for so long and without knowing anything and now they knew their loves were safe.

Benny had locked away A.A. and returned to Fred. Before he did so though, Crystal had stealed away a kiss then pretended nothing ever happened. Girls being girls, he decided to leave it for now and stand alongside Fred and Melody with Crystal as they looked on at Nicolas and Minami. What were they going to do now? Change back to normal? But they all knew too well there were a couple of loose ends. Ruben and Leaf restrained the former couple as they held them up in front of Fred and the others. Kai and Marino were understandably busy, while Wally watched the prisoner with his Pokémon.

“There were at least two organisations. You took over BIO from Kai, but there was also one called CYBER…” Fred said.

“Bah, spare me. That other organization was useless, it was close to nothing. That’s why we beat it so easily and got all this,” Nicolas said.

He still tried to bask in the little glory he had left.

He’d brought along the technology he ‘nicked from CYBER’. The organization behind CYBER and BIO hadn’t been trying to use the both of them and their technologies, but pitted them against each other to see which one they could fund to get the best results. But now their winner had been defeated, Mika was still kidnapped by CYBER agents and it wasn’t Nicolas who kidnapped those certain individuals. Fred tried to piece things together as he tried to explain his thoughts to the others as Prof. Ball pondered about his assessments as well.

“Why, why am I feeling so weak?” Ruben said as he struggled to stay on his feet, then stumbled and finally dropped Minami and fell on the floor.

Before anyone could the humming of the hovercrafts that were inbound to Lovend, they couldn’t react anymore as their health had been stealthily sapped with DIESEL technology, ironically. His technology wouldn’t be the first or last to be absorbed by CYBER. The Pokémen had been powerless to stop them. When they woke up, one by one the Pokémen thought it had just been a horrible dream. But as they looked up at the clearing in Lovend where they had been left, they realized it hadn’t been a dream. A heavily fortified compound had been set up to contain them. And they had been turned into normal humans.

The invasion had begun.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Had a lot of work, but still I apologize for the delay. Had to see what could fit or be a total a**pull if I went through with it. I'm quite pleased with the result, but please judge for yourself;)

Episode 23: Everybody wants to rule the world

The Pokémen looked around at the strange formation of metal that had seemingly been hastily built around them while they’d been unconscious. They had fainted because of a strange influence that hovered over them, weakened them into losing all their HP so they could be easily locked up in the strange dome they were in now, while their limbs and torso were secured to the wall with heavy braces. The security was quite unnecessary, as they had quickly found out they were no longer Pokémen. Now every inch of them, every cell had normal human DNA. They were finally cured. They should be happy.

But they hadn’t given up their curse yet, they had a feeling defeating Nicolas and ending his usurped control of BIO wouldn’t be the end of this nightmare. CYBER had been beaten before by BIO and so they had watched on as the Pokémen brought Nicolas’ army down with their machines. The modifications the Pokémen had made to the constructs had now been used against them and taken away from them along with the wristbands.

Now CYBER had no resistance while it executed its sinister plans.

“What the heck happened,” Ruben said.

He looked around at the others for an answer. They all looked fine physically, they hadn’t been hurt at all and the long nap they took had refreshed them after all those weeks of fighting non-stop. Even mentally they seemed calmer and more at peace with all that had happened to them, as they had been cured, Nicolas and BIO had been stopped. If they wanted, they could finally pick up their lives again, the old pieces as well some new ones.

“I don’t know, but at least we have each other,” Leaf said.

Several people exchanged meaningful looks and even Fred who had been silently thinking over several important things looked at Melody and smiled.

“Where are my Pokémon?” Wally asked.

“I’m… missing mine too,” Marino said. “Wait… and where’s Giselle and Daisy?”

Kai remained silent. He knew the price he would pay for what he had done could never be smaller than anything he could possibly bear.

Simply the thought of Wally and Marino’s Pokéballs ‘missing’ catapulted Fred’s mind back into reality.

“What are they doing now?” Fred said.

He stared into his team mates’ eyes, one after the other, demanding an answer.

Finally, Benny said:

“They’re conquering Reminisce. And they made sure we couldn’t stop them.”

“They also plan to use both their technology, BIO’s, DIESEL’s and the psychics and mediums they kidnapped to accomplish much more than that: total domination,” Prof. Ball said.

He stated it as monotonously as humanly possible and even without his Porygon half, it sounded eerily obvious and all too real.

“Then we can’t hang here doing nothing,” Crystal said.

“Hate to be the party pooper,” Ben said. “But we don’t seem to have any choice in the matter.”

Ruben rapidly looked to his side as he heard something… sizzling. In the blink of an eye, an explosion engulfed the insides of the dome.

Two CYBER guards were standing in front of the metal dome holding the prisoners and talking about quite trivial matters while their colleagues were probably wrecking all kinds of havoc elsewhere, things like their trouble with the ladies, what they were going to do with all their wealth when all this was over and that the coffee still tasted like Grimer spit.

“I hear the guards at the old BIO base have it even worse. Their sandwiches taste like Garbo… What is,” one of the guards said.

He peeled off a white flake from his formerly pristine black suit and looked up as the sky was filled with millions of the stuff.

“Snow?” the other guard said.

Winter had been over for a while now. Was this the weather machine project they heard whispers about?

They quickly jumped out of the way as an ice beam came flying out of nowhere and a bluish crust formed on the dome. They looked up as they saw a lone Pelipper keeping itself aloft in the sky from around the place where the ice beam came from. The odd snow fall intensified into a full-blown storm as the Pelipper’s wings flapped around wildly and icicles flew in every direction. The guards ran as fast as they could… to their tanks. They jumped in just as a few icicles were about to hit them both and they readied their main gun to make quick work of the Pelipper. It opened its mouth as if it was childlike astonished but then a camera on top of one of the tanks zoomed in to see an orange energy forming in the back of its throat.

“F-f-fire!” one of the guards yelled.

The hyper beam blasted away in all its devastating power and evaporated all the snow in its path before singing the earth beneath it. The burning trail slowly changed as the first half of the blast had blown away the tanks. The second half was reserved for the weakened part of the metal dome which shattered on impact and let the orange energy leak into the dome. The Pelipper had summoned far too much power than it thought it possessed and quickly flew in through the hole.

A white light appeared in the hole as the guards crawled out of the tanks. What kind of a wicked winged beast was that?

“Oh God, oh God, is everyone… is anyone still alive?” the Pelipper Pokéwoman said.

As the smoke cleared, the Pokéwoman looked around for survivors. From what she had heard, they were no longer Pokémen and so very vulnerable to such a devastating attack. She heard a cough and immediately rushed towards the sound.

“Sis, ehe, is that you?” Crystal said as she looked up.

“Yes yes, it’s me, I’m so glad you’re still alive, when I found out what had been happening, I came back to get you out, all of you…” Evelyne said as she looked around at the small campfires that were spread all around the dome.

“Could you get us out of here like… now!” Fred yelled as he looked at the others.

Evelyne ran over to him just after she released her sister with a steel wing. Her Pokémon DNA was never stabilized.

“They’re hurt, terribly hurt,” he said as struggled to break free without his Ditto powers.

Evelyne looked at his abdomen. A few of his ribs seemed to be broken.

“You don’t look so great yourself. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry…” Evelyne said.

“Get us out and I’ll gladly forgive you. We have to stop CY…” Fred said before he drifted. He didn’t have much time.

Crystal heard the tank treads of the guards, they were closing in. If even one of their weapons worked, they would be dead within seconds.

“Evelyne, we don’t have enough time, they’re here!” Crystal said as she struggled to pull of Benny’s restraints with her human arms.

“We do, trust me…” Evelyne said. But Fred and maybe others’ bad condition could change things…

Last edited:

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 24: Rise of the cyber Pokémen

A lone silhouette appeared on the hill overlooking the suburbs of Sky City. In front of it, it stretched out its arm and looked at its hand that trembled with the powerful pistons that had caused the removal of the articulate muscles and then improved upon those to provide more gripping power and devastating abilities one of which he was about to unleash. Out of its hand shot lightning that scorched the earth as it progressed to the suburbs. Other silhouettes moved up the hills with their cybernetic legs with long and heavy strokes before identifying their targets and firing their own elemental powers. The power of Pokémen and the strength of body changing cybernetic enhancements had been joined into every being of a force that would soon take Sky City.

“The police aren’t enough, what about the army?” Fred said as he looked at the video feed. It was live and conditions seemed to worsen exponentially.

“They’re waiting in international waters on several carriers because they fear the force could rival theirs. CYBER has already set up prototype cannons on every approachable shore to fend off anyone foolish to travel to Reminisce after they torpedoed a cruise ship,” Evelyne said.

“Surv… forget I asked,” Benny said.

“They’re rolling in all kinds of vehicles like in the news report Kai showed us. They seemed to have combined all the different divisions of the organization behind all these distinct projects. Genetic engineering, cybernetics, powered armor suits, Pokémon health draining technology… They’re unleashing everything they’ve been hiding or have absorbed. Now they’ve successfully integrated everything and… how are we ever going to stop this?” Fred said.

“Who says we are?” Evelyne said.

“We have to!” Leaf said as he stood up, yelping almost immediately. He’d suffered several injuries because of the explosion that had ironically freed them.

“I’m sorry… about everything. But charging at that, well I know you can call it an army by now, is suicide,” Evelyne said as she waved her Pelipper styled lab coat around.

She still had her Pokéwoman form and hadn’t gotten the stabilization that Prof. Ball would’ve given everyone just before CYBER attacked. Feathers had started to line into her eyebrows and chin and her skin had grown pale. If you looked closely, tiny feathers started to form as her Pokémon genetics had taken control of her metabolism. Her personality would soon change considerably. Every moment now she’d scoop up younglings and feed them, which would be hilarious if a genetic treatment wouldn’t be of the utmost importance pretty much immediately. But they didn’t have the Depokémanizing machines anymore or their wristbands or their Pokéman powers aside from Evelyne.

“I had finally found Jamie when we heard the news. He immediately wanted to aid the rebellion and I couldn’t stop him. But I can stop you. Even if I have to break a rib or two. You can’t risk it, even more so because you are, finally…”

“Human?” Lyra said. Ben held his arm around her and he felt her pain. Finally they were free from all the treachery and genetic malfunctions, but it didn’t feel right. They wanted to fulfill their role they had been forcibly given: to be heroes.

Evelyne nodded akwardly as her fingers darted across the keyboard of her laptop in the desolate cave they were hiding in.

They’d found out a lot of things after Evelyne rescued. For one, Jamie being alive.

“Evelyne, look out!” Crystal yelled as she saw the barrel of the tank being aligned with her sister’s position.

Evelyne gazed back as she hung unto Leaf’s restraints and stared into the barrel.

“Game over feathery broad,” the guard said through a speaker as he acquired a firing solution.

Evelyne calmly replied: “Game over, tin man.”

Out of nowhere the tank suddenly got lifted in the air as a purple scorpion that was around the size of a tank itself before it dug into the armor with his claws like a knife through butter, dropping the halves to both sides. The guard looked up as he spit out some snow he bit instead of dust.

“Try to do that to her or anyone else in that dome again and I won’t even leave you room to breathe,” the Drapion said between its teeth. Its human features had almost entirely disappeared and it speech was slurred. After that, he only clicked and hissed for the guard to run away as fast as his feet could carry him through the slippery snow.

The Drapion was named Jamie and was Evelyne’s love ever since she spend more time with him and the rest of former Team Beta as they kept her safe. After she had found the team and treated them with their many injuries from the flood in the cave system around Kai’s base complex, they had once again assumed the role of being her honorary guard. It nudged with its head that it was time to go.

“Reinforcements are coming,” Evelyne’s wristband said. It was Fred’s lieutenant, a Kabutops named Slash even before he had become a Pokéman.

“Okay,” Evelyne said and hurried, tossing a welding torch to Crystal in the process to help her with the restraints of the others.

The Pokémen escaped, some with serious injuries and eventually disappeared into the mountains. Now were they limping on their legs and breathes and they had lost all perspective. They couldn’t fathom how things had gone so well with them taking BIO and then a much stronger and dangerous enemy organization taking its place. At long last they knew its name: PUNK, which stood for Power Union Nexus Karmaless. It didn’t instill that much more fear as they had already experienced what these ‘people’ were capable of, whoever they were and whatever they were trying to accomplish with taking over the world. With Reminisce as their testing grounds.

“Building damage is minimal, but every resistance is met with sickening force and reprimanding, it’s like a coup, but they’re not interested in taking over the main body of government or using tyranny to gain control of the official channels. Just military and mental warfare, like the region and its inhabitants was the man at the other table of an arm wrestling contest,” Evelyne said.

And the contest was almost over as far as both the private army and the entire region it utterly dominated were concerned.

Now the other Pokémen teams who weren’t ‘cured’ were fighting a lost battle and Team Homebase were normal humans, struggling to keep upright. Not that they could do anything without some Pokégenetic treatment. In other words, Kai’s BIO research which Nicolas brought along to the third and last Lovend battle and CYBER took to immediately work into the cyborgs they’d created. Mika could have been a template, the perfect merger, controlled by those uniformed men and her former friend Chase. The technology the Pokémen possessed amounted to the laptop Evelyne had kept on her body since she ran away from her father. She still avoided being around him as much as was possible in one small cave.

“I…” Prof. Ball said before he realized he didn’t know what to say without incorporating a heap of scientific jargon that would basically amount to a simple gesture.

He hugged his strongly Pokéwomanized adoptive daughter and she said as she rested in his fatherly embrace: “Thanks Dad.” The weight fell of both their shoulders.

“I have an idea,” Ben said.

Everyone turned to him, the leader that had been away for so long under the spell of A.A., who wasn’t among the restrained Pokémen in the dome and they felt a ridiculously minute spark of hope.

“Do you accept?” Miss Satellite, leader of the CYBER division said to her three new recruits.

“Yes,” Minami, Nicolas and A.A. said in unison.

“Good… You will be handsomely rewarded when we take over this region; a city each,” Miss Satellite said as she gestured to the map. “Take your pick.”

To be continued.

It is time for the final episodes, bringing closure to CHA-05, Pokémen season 1 and 2. But what will that be? Find out next week and the week after, we shall see when it ends and how, but I’ll try to tie all the knots:)

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Delays delays... endings are hard, real life matters are pressing and important... So, have fun reading and let that be all? Though comments are appreciated, you know.

Episode 25: Experimental venture begin

“Kyaaaaaaaaaaah!” a Pidgeot screamed as it rushed through a tank with Giga Impact, making it explode just narrowly after running it through.

A battalion more tanks appeared as the small team of Pokémen was getting close to their breaking point.

“How many of these things are there,” a Gliscor said as he launched an earthquake, but it merely held the advancing row of massive tanks for a few minutes max.

“An army,” a Roserade said through its wristband as it opened the lid of a helicopter transport with emerging vines and quickly disabled the controls. It came crashing down as the Roserade floated down with a nifty cotton chute carrying the pilot.

“Do we really have to save them?” a Nidoqueen said before it charged into another tank that seemed to have grown out of the ground like mushrooms. Did they take over every single factory in Reminisce?

“Yes we do, ah, aaaaaaaaaaaargh!” the Roserade said.

“Sandy, Sandy, what happened, say something!” the Gliscor said as he rushed to her position.

The pilot Roserade ‘saved’ revealed itself to be a cyber Pokéwoman quite quickly by whipping out a gatling gun from her arm and shooting Sandy the Roserade Pokéwoman from extremely close range before proceeding to put a Protect field right before the Gliscor bounced off of it and crash-landed a few meters further.

More cyber Pokémen emerged from the transport’s wreckage where they had laid dormant since before the flight and surrounded the Pokémen teams protecting High Arrows en masse. A young, but ice coldly looking woman stepped up to the Roserade who was leaking chlorophyll all over the crash site. It was the strange Miss Satellite who seemingly led the attack if you went by the ‘news’ bulletins on the huge plasma screens in all the cities. It was however pure propaganda to bring the citizens of Reminisce to their knees. When the human settlements had all been secured, the Pokémon population would soon be under CYBER’s control.

“So how many Pokémen teams have been captured so far?” Fred said.

“A better question is to ask how many weren’t… there are few left and those are only holding steady for more than a few days now because they either have absurdly strong Pokémon powers, have almost turned into a Pokémon or are in a location that CYBER doesn’t seem to care very much about,” Evelyne said as they scaled the mountain.

It was ridiculously easier back when they still had their Pokémon forms or even their Pokéman forms. Few of Team Homebase/formerly Team Alpha got used to not feeling the pains of the onsetting transformation into a full, serene Pokémon. They almost missed the urges to do battle to solve their problems. They wouldn’t end this hostile occupation by CYBER by simply talking though. Action had to be taken. Fred thought back to their visit to the lake, to Nika the Milotic.

“Will you help us?” Fred asked her.

They sat on the edge as their legs were cooled by the soothing lake water. It felt different now he was fully human, but still calming and pleasant. They looked ahead of them, where the Milotic

“We can cure you,” Fred quickly added.

Nika watched his uneasy gaze for a moment and then whispered:

“We will do it for all of you, for the humans who don’t deserve such misery in their world. No one does. We will fight for you.”

“Thank you,” Fred said before Nika pecked him on the cheek.

From a distance the others had been watching in case something went wrong or CYBER found them, but all Melody could think about was how flustered she must look.

“An ice and ghost type turning red,” Ruben began.

“Who knew,” Leaf chirped.

Fred thanked Nika and went to the others, who were waiting with the supplies. They had to hurry now. Milonika would mobilize other Pokémon and possible experiments while they followed what Ben had planned.

Finally, they’d arrived. Formerly Nicolas’ base, before that Kai’s base and now an abandoned ruin. They had salvaged everything they could find from the professor’s old lab, the hideout or ‘homebase’ Team Homebase had to ‘protect’ for months and Evelyne’s research on the gene replicating machine of her step dad, professor Ball. All those things patch worked together could very well kill them in an all-consuming blast, but they had to try it.

They put all the pieces together under the watchful eye of professor Ball, the kind of an expert Kai Manning, professor Evelyne Ivy and ever so snarky and genius Crystal and switched on the generators.

Ben mused over the unusually high number of steps in his plan in his head and hoped he didn’t forget anything. Lyra stood next to him and said:

“Are you sure you’re ready for this? For… her?”

Ben immediately interrupted his musings, turned to Lyra while holding her hand and said:

“I’m ready if you are.”

Lyra nodded and went to help Melody move the final mainframes. They would only be able to use a very small piece of the data it used to store, but recovering it and putting it on a smaller drive would’ve been even more troublesome. Hence why they couldn’t have any more delays.

“You ready to knock some heads brother?” Ruben said.

“Hell yeah!” Leaf said putting up a knuckle and Ruben brotherly punching it.

Benny nodded at Crystal before hiding his agony behind the heavy box he was carrying. Why didn’t he work out before, so heavy… Marino and Wally past by with twice the load which didn’t same that heavy at all and Benny simply whimpered.

Melody leaned over and playfully kissed Fred on the cheek as he passed her by, leading him to look up confused, then quite happy, then flustered over his slow reaction time. Melody understood and said:

“You’ll make it up to me.”

Ruben and Leaf collectively gagged. One year later they’ll be acting like that, like lovey-dovey squishes? Yeah right. Then they remembered that Hydreigon girl and the next instant they shook it off. Let’s first save her, then they would see.

“Is everyone ready?” Professor Ball said.

Everyone nodded. Courage. Loyalty. Adventure. Time to go.

Professor Ball flicked the master switch and initiated the program, stuttering as it went and a bright white light shone and illuminated the cave, enveloping everything it could touch.

The board of PUNK issued their orders to Miss Satellite as they watched the footage of the destruction their investments caused. Perfect, it was like they had all planned it from the start, but this had become something far greater and more devastating than they could have ever dreamed.

“Initiate phase 2,” they said in unison.

Miss Satellite nodded and the secure connection was shut off. The board started to make their own preparations. And the first stone to have been laid for all of this was a Pokéball. Imagine that.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 26: Flight of the free mind

Startup sequence_

Booting_

Checking data_

Accessing alpha file...

Specifications model_

> Production number: CHA-05
Stands for: Cyborg Human Anonymous
> Codename: M.I.C.H.A.E.L.A.
Stands for: Multi Interfacing Cyborg Human Anonymous Electronic Lady Acronym
> Physical Age: 16.
> Height: 4' 6"
> Supposed weight: 70.4 pounds.
> Other Parameters subject to change. Press 1 for current status.
> Hair color: Dark Brown.
>Hair Type: Wavy.
> Eye color: Light Blue.
>...

Alpha file last edited: off limits, error_

Classified. Classified_

Objective: kill any enemies of CYBER_

Why?_

You are a robot, follow your orders, the way you were programmed, why you were built_

Accessing memory files_

Restricted, deleting memory files now_

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo0000000000000000000///////////////////////////////////!_

-Reconstructing events as pieced together by security camera footage, terminal access, downloaded and uploaded files and audio logs-

‘//// Subject is fighting back, its organic brain remnants are harboring hidden memories, it won’t stop resisting its programming because it knows it’s human.’

‘///// Simple. /////// destroy the remnants, we have little need for unpredictable organic components other than its undercover capabilities and its gained Pokémon abilities. Insubordination will not be tolerated.’

‘Who’s the machine here really ///////////’

-Employee contract terminated. New overseer appointed-

-Door 034057 opening. Badge card ID: Serena Satellite entering Lab 201; new overseer Project Pokéwoman Promethea aka Project Pandora-

‘Continue your work, gentlemen, ladies. We don’t want to have any delays do we?’

‘Arghgh, ngggggh… Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!’

-Security camera footage short report: Subject negated muscle relaxants through Hydreigon counteracting agents activating in the subject’s blood. Explosion with heavy collateral damage ensues. Life signs measurements indicate most employees survived-

-Door 034057 opening. Badge card ID: Serena Satellite leaving Lab 201; overseer Project Pokéwoman Promethea aka Project Pandora and other projects:…-

-Security alerted, lockdown gates activating-

-More collateral damage-

-Access terminal denied… granted. Downloading files ‘CHA-04’. Important information: whereabouts subject Charlie, relation to subject CHA-05, leash for subject through two-sided affection. Psychologically unusually stable, young love stage, though largely enabled through abandonment issues, bonding over shared situation and time and extensive brainwashing lowering expectations. Full psychological weak-point report still pending-

-Downloading other files from map ‘CHA projects’, ‘Pokémen’ and ‘BIO’. Granted by: Serena Satellite, vice-president PUNK-

-Time frame: Sky City siege final stages-

-Supposed mental state subject: confused and overconfident having obtained the wanted files so easily and quickly. Prone to making mistakes while security forces move in to her location. Tracker destroyed by organic processes. HP draining grenades deployed in all hallways of sector C. Camera footage absent. Destroyed before catching sight of subject-

‘I got her, she hasn’t fainted yet, HP beam weapons authorized on highest level, prepare muscle relaxants and med kits for resuscitating. Target has caught sight of me, shooting, aaa///////’

-Life signs report: rapid conversion into unconscious state for a rapidly increasing number of security force employees; lethal force authorized-

-Downloading list of other subjects for Project LEC aka Lilith and Eve’s Cains from kidnappee records along with current locations to Serena Satellite’s PDA-

‘Give it up, you’ve got nowhere to go. We got orders to kill you if you make one more freaking move.’

‘Well then… I better make it a good one.’

-Outer wall breached. Target escaped. Reorganizing priorities. Preparing Project LEC-

Mika felt herself changing every single second. The Hydreigon’s DNA took over her entire physiology, she grew angry, dark and powerful. Even in her frail, but alluring Hydreigon woman form, Mika could feel the elemental energy becoming huge and begging to be used. That small blast for her final escape was little compared to what she still held in store. Nevertheless, blasting through all those security doors had taken its toll on her. She was a sitting duck on this cliff side. Why was she here… they had tried to mold her back into their willing slave, using her love for fellow cyborg Chase to make her fragile, cybernetically enslaved mind believe the Pokémen were the bad guys, while CYBER and PUNK were something far worse than that. They were insane to the point of a strange hunger for power, chaos and something else…

She had to find the Pokémen and Chase as well. The other failed CHA’s weren’t ‘decommissioned’, not yet. She had to hurry. Whether CYBER was coming after her or not, she had to leave. Now. She dove right off the cliff and felt the cold and refreshing air blowing in her face. Then she spread her wings, felt the uncanny force field forming around her and she buzzed through the air, levitating as she went.

For the first time that she flew through the air, Mika the Hydreigon girl went entirely unnoticed as the cyber Pokémen and Sky City’s forces fought beneath her. As her Hydreigon half took over, her sentience and her own DNA would wither away, but soon, she would finally be free of CHA-05. She remembered her real name as she had absorbed the visual information on the screen in her regular old human brain. Her name was…

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
I'll persist and finish what I've started, I'll try to give this one a hell of an ending and closure for CHA-05 as well as the Pokémen:D Even if there are no replies, I like this story:)

Episode 27: It’s like starting all over again, but better

The white light faded from the cave and everyone looked around to see if it had worked, recreating the first Pokémanizing accident.

Ruben and Leaf were the first to realize what had happened.

“Wait a minute, we’re all… starters from different regions?” Ruben said. He held up his fists as an Infernape, oddly the very starter he chose when he decided to be a trainer and go on a journey.

“Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh,” Leaf said and looked at Ruben who had picked the starter with an advantage over his, a Turtwig. Now he was a mighty Torterra.

“That’s one of the few records I could fully salvage from my database. After all, almost everyone uploaded them when they visited my lab,” Prof. Ball said.

“That’s true… we all made a quite conventional start,” Fred said. He moved his orange wings up and down as he felt the raw strength of his new Charizard form. He did miss his highly unstable, but versatile Ditto form.

“Well except me and the Balls,” Melody said as she moved around on her heavy paws as a Venusaur. At least she had a blooming flower on her back, but the form was quite different from her usual small and agile forms like Froslass and Vaporeon.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get the hang of it,” Lyra said as she moved around her Sceptile form. She could get used to this.

“Good, but for the time being, change to your Pokéman forms with the wristband,” Prof. Ball said in his Feraligatr form. “We should be as stealthy as possible.”

A white light flashed and they all changed into their new Pokéman forms, but there wasn’t any time to admire their forms. They had to go the battlefront right now. But only one of them could fly… There wasn’t any time to lose in that case.

“Is everything ready for phase 3?” the PUNK board member asked.

“Certainly,” Miss Satellite said. “We’ll continue on with phase 2. We now control close to 75% of all the major settlements, including those of Pokémon. Soon the region will be ours and it will be yours to command.”

Several members coughed one after the other.

“It better be, we don’t have much time. This will be our last meeting, you know what you have to do,” another board member said.

“Yes, Satellite out.”

A Drapion Pokéman looked around the corner of the wreckage of a tank and upon seeing nothing hostile, he sprinted over to the next wreck. He had to be quick, they were already piling up all the salvageable metal to make new tanks and other assault vehicles. He was the last one left and now that he’d changed into his Pokéman form he was much more agile and most importantly, smaller so he wouldn’t be noticed right away. He’d picked up a conversation concerning where CYBER command where directing their attacks from. If only he could get there… He’d been doing this narrowly dodging of cyber eyes for hours, but he hadn’t moved as much as a mile. The whole area around Sky City was a plain, there wasn’t a single high point to climb to except in the city which had been completely taken over. Then he noticed he had a signal, he could send out a message.

“Evelyne, if you get this…” Jamie the Drapion Pokéman said.

Evelyne held up her wristband and listened to the message.

“On these coordinates, hey, what are you doing aargh, no nooooooooo!” Jamie said as the connection was broken off.

“Jamie…” Evelyne said.

They had taken him and were going to depokémanize him, curing him in the process, but she feared CYBER had greater plans for everyone in the region, humans and Pokémon… what if they used them like the kidnappees to make cyber Pokémen? All she could do now is stop CYBER as quickly as she knew how to. And to do that, they had to take down PUNK. She told her father about Jamies message and that he managed to give her exact coordinates.

“Good. That’s where we’ll meet up,” Prof. Ball said.

Ben was informed as well and he said:

“We’ll save him, I promise. We’ll be there soon.”

“So we have a well-defined location now, but how are we getting in?” Evelyne asked.

“You’ll see,” Ben said.

The sun was almost going down when they arrived at the plain quite a few miles from Sky City. As it was a plain, it was entirely flat and there was little to see. Not a rock, not a tree and most importantly not a single Pokémon to be heard. That seemed quite suspicious, but not enough to ensure a closer look if they didn’t have the exact coordinates pointing them to a square area on the plain that didn’t seem that different from any other area covered in plainly boring grass. Ben however turned a button on his wristband and in a matter of seconds two giant doors opened up in the ground and the others went to look.

“You’re late,” Nicolas said.

He and Minami were standing in the gap as a Giratina Pokéman and a Darkrai Pokéwoman respectively. They quickly jumped aside as Ruben, Leaf and Benny dove in to punch them into next Thursday. As they struggled to get up, they yelled to Ben:

“What the heck is this?”

Ruben and Leaf were used to chorusing with each other, but Benny looked at them as he’d done the same and he thought it was mighty creepy.

“They’ll pay for what they’ve done, as will Kai, as will I, but like Kai and me, you all decided the most important thing was stopping PUNK. They don’t want this organization to take over the entire world or to turn everyone into cyber Pokémen. But they’re a little bit power-hungry, so we’ll lock them up after this is all done,” Ben said.

Nicolas just muttered as Ben explained, but then responded with:

“Shall we continue?”

“I’m keeping an eye on you,” Marino said in his Blastoise Pokéman form as he walked by.

“Commencing phase 3,” one of the board members said before he gave a virtual command.

A huge tremor shook the Pokémen and toppled them. As they got back on their feet, Ben yelled:

“We have to hurry, they’re up to something.”

“Okay, we’re splitting up,” Fred said. “Groups of three. I suggest we have one water, one fire and one grass per team. First team with me, Marino, Melody. Second, the Balls. Third, Ben, Lyra and Wally. Fourth, Ruben, Leaf and Benny. Have each other’s back people, this is it.”

“What about us?” Minami asked.

“Oh, right… Nicolas, you come with me, Minami, you go with the Balls. Keep a close eye on both of them,” Fred said.

They bolted off, each group in another direction. The alarms sounded, the people behind CYBER, BIO, DIESEL and PUNK knew they were here. Turrets appeared from the walls, the ceiling and the floor and started firing. Everyone changed into their Pokémon forms and unleashed the powerful attacks they knew their starters had and so had little trouble unleashing them upon the turrets. That was the first hallway.

To be continued…

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 28: Stooping down to their level

Level -5, level -6, level -7… At an alarming rate, the Pokémen chewed through the defenses of the PUNK HQ.

Every trio combined their flamethrower, solar beam and surf into a devastating mix that ate through the walls and allowed them to circumvent all the security protocols for non-superpowered vengeful teenagers. The tremors they’d felt before increased in their frequency and severity and made several walls collapse before the Pokémen even got to work on them. It was as if they weren’t even trying to stop them, not really. Just either kill them or slow them down for something inevitable, something they couldn’t possibly stop.

What were they hiding down that was far more than a last resort or cheap trick? Why had they been sponsoring so many complicated technologies if just funding a private army could have handed them the region? Whatever it was, the Pokémen would make them shut this whole thing down or else the Pokémen would.

They were almost there, just a few more levels, just a bit more grinding. Then Fred’s trio, him along with Melody, Nicolas and Marino got pushed back by a forcefield and they shook their heads as a powerful psychic power tried to melt their brains to mush while they were distracted. Ben’s trio joined them a few seconds later and Ben and Lyra looked up as they saw who was at the head of an entire squad of psychic cyber Pokémen, that included several kidnappees that had an affinity for psychic abilities.

“Well hello there Ben, glad you could make it,” A.A. said.

Meanwhile Benny, Ruben and Leaf were following a different path, but they had a lot more resistance. They encountered several prototype mechas that completely blocked off the path to the lower levels and the trio was already exhausted from all the extra security they had to fight through to get this far.

Another tremor threw the three off their feet and covered the area in dust. As it cleared up, they saw the remains of the mechas lying at the feet of someone familiar. Mika, who was accompanied by other cyber Pokémen along with the Charlie/Chase guy she seemed to love.

“Mika? Err… Are they, you, friendly?” Ruben asked.

Mika turned to face Ruben with the gatling gun she’d nicked from somewhere, pointed it at him briefly and said:

“The name’s Elizabeth, these are the CHA’s, now let’s go.”

There were infinite questions Ruben and Leaf wanted to ask her about her and her shocking entrance, but they had a biohorror to stop. They nodded and Benny looked at his wristband before leading the way.

The Balls, Crystal, Evelyne and Prof. Ball weren’t that experienced as fighters, but they picked up a lot after the first few levels. They would go through them a lot faster if Prof. Ball didn’t check something at every terminal they passed.

“Seriously Dad, what’re you doing, we have to hurry, there’s no time for sightseeing,” Crystal said, contrasting with the flower petals around her neck.

“I’m trying to find what they were doing all this for, the CHA’s, the Pokémanizing, absorbing Cleft’s empire. They weren’t just trying to conquer the region, they were looking for something,” Prof. Ball said.

Minami just looked around, unsure what to do. She’d lost all purpose now Nicolas had been brought down to size. She’d just follow this strange family and follow this thing through to the end.

“Fine, but hurry up,” Crystal said.

The Milotic Pokéwomen led by Milonika were gathering above the HQ and quickly proceeded to ward off all incoming forces that tried to reinforce the HQ’s defenses. Good luck, human named Fred, Milonika thought. The Meowth pack under the direction of Mauser assisted the Milotic as lookouts as large flying ships were approaching. They tried to shoot some down before they came in bombing range, as the HQ itself wouldn’t be harmed much. Or at least its cowardly leaders on the bottom level wouldn’t.

“What do you want A.A.,” Ben said as he held up his fire-lit Blaziken fist, ready to punch a hole into the hybrid that had gone mad with its power.

Once it had been a simple Xatu, but something changed when it became a Retroment and got the modifications Kai developed. Kai had followed after the others after he’d used his Raichu form to first fry the systems of the first few levels. Now he roared as did Marino, when A.A. revealed what she wanted.

“Turn back now or your beloved two legendary Pokéwomen will destroy you and themselves along with the… explosion,” A.A. said. “Oh and don’t forget our combined psychic abilities controlling them and keeping you from trying anything.”

“You were always the devious planner weren’t you,” Nicolas said. “But you won’t stop us.”

“Why is that?” A.A. said.

“Because you weren’t planning on me being heroic,” Nicolas said.

Even one ghost type legendary like his Giratina form wasn’t enough to counteract an entire psychic squad and two legendaries one of which was a Kyogre that wasn’t so troubled by his type as the Lugia Pokéwoman was. It was practically suicide to ram yourself into all that power combined in one force. But that’s exactly what he did as he enveloped himself with ghostly energy and blasted away.

“What-what, we have to help him!” Melody said.

“There’s no time, he knew that… A.A. will be after us soon enough if he survives,” Fred said and burned away the last debris blocking the way with his flamethrower and flew ahead, with Marino as a Blastoise and Melody as a Venusaur following after.

“This can’t be right,” Prof. Ball said as he checked the data.

They’d found an elevator with his information and after hacking it they went down fast to the lowest level.

“What is it?” Evelyne asked.

“According to this, the board members have died years ago,” Prof. Ball said.

“Wait, what?” Minami said, speaking up for the first time.

Prof. Ball turned to look at her for a moment, then said:

“There weren’t any replacements, yet the PUNK organization kept funding other projects. One of the first ones they invested in… was the Pokéball technology.”

They arrived at the lowest level, as had the others who were standing in terrified awe of the giant metal structure that stood in the middle of the room. It was without a doubt not meant to remain stationary and gears had already started grinding to lift it up from its resting place where it had remained for so long during its construction. It was the final weapon, maybe even the primary and only intended weapon. A suit of armor that contained everything the funders had invested in. They needed it, until all its technologies and thus it became something far greater. The mechanical behemoth had lit up as the large Pokéball like device that functioned as its head mounted between two huge shoulders turned and spoke up with booming speakers in a virtual sounding, unified voice.

“Welcome Pokémen, to our final PUNK board meeting. And your death.”

To be concluded.

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
Episode 29: Overshooting expectations

“What are you…” Marino said.

Even Kai didn’t know what kind of project this was supposed to be.

“We are the board members,” the behemoth said.

“How can this be, they died long ago,” Crystal said.

“Oh yes, we did die, our bodies did. But one of the first projects we invested in preserved our mind, memory and personality. The modern Pokéball project. Once it was time for us to discard our terminally ill bodies, our special and secret brand of Pokéball storaging was accustomed to capturing humans without changing their loyalty or free will. There was a catch though. We didn’t have physical bodies anymore and couldn’t do anything but give orders and distribute our virtual money. So we needed a better project to make new bodies for us, stronger ones. Hence, the PUNK organization creating BIO and CYBER. But oddly enough, the original projects grew way beyond anything we could’ve possibly planned or dreamed. Now we can’t only make superior bodies for ourselves, but also an army. Power became a goal rather than a side-effect or a method. More than that, it became everything. And now, you can’t stop us.”

“Not if we can’t help it,” Fred said.

The CHA’s led by Elizabeth arranged themselves into an attack pattern.

“Fools, we ordered those tactics! And its specified weakness is… Well screw it, no defensive or evasive measures are necessary, the latter not even being possible, look at this!” the board behemoth said.

“You will find to have clay feet, PUNK,” Fred said before roaring and spouting flames.

“Really now? Then I guess we should take this fight to a higher level,” PUNK said.

The lowest level shook as pillars got disconnected from the ceiling and fell down, narrowly not hitting the Pokémen as they dodged as fast as possible. An explosion above them blew away even more debris and it soon became clear why. The PUNK had blasted through the ceiling right before climbing up, moving up multiple levels in one pull of its engines. How could it do that? Unless… It wasn’t just a cybernetic vessel. They had given it the DNA of giant legendary Pokémon. The best of both sides and the worst of powers to destroy anything that stood in their way.

“Up up, that that…” Fred muttered.

How could they, what could they do? He was awe-stricken with the PUNK creature and at the same time, he was so horrified he couldn’t think clearly.

“We gotta take that thing down!” Melody yelled and the others roared as well as they changed into their more agile Pokémen and Pokéwomen forms and started climbing. The CHA’s followed as well.

“Time for a reboot,” Nicolas said as he attached his wristband to A.A., who widened her eyes as she realized what he was doing.

“No no noooooooooo!” she yelled as the white light flashed.

She lay motionless on the floor, cured and knocked out, a normal, insane Xatu. He caught her with a ball and then turned to the legendary Pokéwomen, the girlfriends released from A.A.’s influence.

“Now, you’re coming with me,” Nicolas said.

The Milotics and Meowth had felt the tremor all the way up to the surface where they were standing.

“That can’t be good,” Milonika said as she saw the PUNK rearing its ugly head as it used its enormous round arm to pull itself up.

“Hit that glowy head, quickly!” Mauser said to Milonika who nodded as he himself proceeded to jump on the shoulder of the abomination and started looking for wires. It was like the whole thing was grown out of organic steel, as there wasn’t a single crack or opening, just one seamless indestructible suit that started to glow hot-red.

“Jump off, jump off!” Mauser said as Milonika saw what was happening and spit a stream of water on the shoulder which started to resemble the red spiked skin of Groudon. This thing was the darkest kind of legendary.

Every trio proceeded to try to rip off every imaginable part of the thing’s lower torso before it stood up on the surface and would be able to retaliate hard. The CHA’s recognized the mechanical parts, they had similar ones before they had become Pokémanized and proceeded to blast tiny chunks away with their heavy caliber weapons folding from their arms. Elizabeth or Mika or CHA-05 relied on her dark draconic powers more and dug her fierce teeth in the armor, doing little damage.

Fred, Ben, Ruben and Evelyne blasted away with their flamethrower or other hot blazing attack before the grass and water moves from the others deformed the armor, but it wouldn’t let go. It almost seemed to heal itself.

“Don’t give up, we’re almost there,” Lyra said as she cut with her sharp leaves on her arms.

She jumped agile as she was as the others stopped on certain levels to change into their sluggish Pokémon forms and blast away. But before they realized, PUNK had come up to the surface and stood high and mighty. Soon it would destroy everything.

“Burn puny Pokémon,” it said.

It opened its mechanical gloves and revealed enormous dragon claws that fired all kinds of elemental attacks. There were no tactics, no combinations that it used or that could be used against it. It would just burn the world and settle in its ashes an empire would rise. If it could destroy all that stood in its way.

“We have a plan. Let’s do this,” Fred said as he nodded to his co-thinkers Ben, Benny and Marino.

“All we need is a distraction,” Benny said.

“Leave that one to us,” Leaf said.

A solar beam blasted the PUNK’s optical sensors.

“Hey lump of nuts, over here!” Leaf yelled as a Torterra.

“Termination,” PUNK said as it fired just before Infernape sprinted to push Torterra out of the way. “Stand still and accept the decision of your god over your fate.”

The others climbed the PUNK’s back and concentrated all their might on one point. It made a tiny hole through that they couldn’t possibly use to move in. A bigger blast came flying from behind them and made the hole bigger for a few moments.

“Sorry I’m late,” Nicolas said as a Giratina, flying together with the Lugia Pokéwoman. The Kyogre Pokéwoman changed back in her womanly form and waved at her boyfriend. But that would have to come later.

“It’s closing,” Marino said.

“Then I go through,” Wally said as he was the smallest in Pokéman form. Before anyone could object, he jumped just before the hole closed.

The others proceeded to fire the PUNK creature with everything they had left. The Milotic fired, the CHA’s clawed, the Meowth aided Ruben and Leaf in the distraction, the legendaries destroyed a shoulder before it reformatted itself.

“You shall never win, win, win. Self-terminate programming, preparing to initiate Pokémanizing. What, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!” PUNK roared as it collapsed on itself and all its parts came plummeting down.

Everyone slowly got up as they checked if everyone was there.

“Wally, where are you, Wally!” Marino said as he let go of his girlfriend to find his disciple and friend. There he found him, coughing in the dust. “This is really paining for an asthma patient.”

Everyone gathered around as the authorities were coming out of hiding. The war was over, but there were still a lot of remnants from PUNK, including their slumbering personalities in the protective pods that ejected from the PUNK, containing the board members. Soon the cyber Pokémen would all be freed and cured and all the projects would be shut down.

“I don’t know, I kinda like this Pokéman form, as long as it’s stable, doc?” Fred said to Prof. Ball.

“It can be perfected, with Kai’s help. Maybe we can employ some convicts after they’ve gone through psychological screening?” Prof. Ball said looking at Nicolas and Minami, who had willfully been locked up in not so comfy looking cages.

“Perhaps this is the beginning of a whole new community, Milonika?” Fred said.

“Perhaps we also like this new consciousness. We can help you rebuild the old society, but also build a new one,” Milonika said.

Ben held Lyra in her arms, Marino and Kai their girlfriends Giselle and Daisy, Elizabeth kissed her ‘Chase’, Ruben and Leaf knuckle-fisted, the Balls were happy as a family and Fred kissed Melody. Wally just stood there until everyone went to pick him up and hold him up high.

“Our hero!” they all said.

The end for you and me, but not for them; farewell and live a boring life that wouldn’t make a good story! Goodbye.

That was it. Any closing comments are much appreciated before I ask to move this fic to the completed section. So any fans?

Scriptor Scorpio

Science Hero
So, I'll just post my closing comment to this story, which has been a challenge to complete as I was still training to be a better writer when I started it.

I hope for those that viewed and read it, it was fun and intriguing, even if it was just to pass the time.

I'll ask for this to be moved to the completed fanfiction subforum and thus it will be closed, as any comments wouldn't come anyway so it seems.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't have any more ideas for fanfics or that I couldn't use the practice or advice when using my hopefully improved writing style (which is hard to impose on old chapters or stories like the Game Pack without completely redoing them),
but perhaps I'm just stuck in the 'okay' section, not good enough to reply to and not bad enough to give pointers on and besides that, I have real life things to attend to (including irl proofreaders), so I'll stick to posting a new RP concept for now.

And yes, this is the exact same closing comment as my other fanfic I have concluded. Doesn't make it any less sincere;)