• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon☆ SPECIAL: Masteria [Discussion Thread]

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Pokémon☆ SPECIAL: Masteria [Discussion Thread]

Pokémon SPECIAL: Masteria Saga 

Owner: Charizard_Man
Co-Owner: Double-Oh-Platypus
Rated: PG-15
Theme Song: Dang Dang
Approved by: RaZoR LeAf

Professor Willow's Fall Trainer List

Riku Cloud Sugimori
if i never returned?
❚"You don't know me...You know the parts of me I choose to show."❚
Who killed chivalry, they need to get their sentencing
meanwhile we argue and I can't get a sentence in

Trainer Age: 15
Trainer DoB: 15 March
Current Location: Dualpath City
Badge Case
[Empty]

Pokedex
Number Seen: 12
001: Leevoat
004: Chameny
007: Bublear
010: Sluglow
016: Macan
019: Chinchul
021: Sparrla
025: Voltoon
037: Pupster
052: Kuro
058: Poodledy
063: Tuttby
Number Caught: 2

Party:
Chameny#004
Level 10; FIRE type
OT: Riku
Nickname: Chamo
Met in Newshore Town at Level 5
Bold Nature
Attacks:
lvl1: Scratch
lvl1: Growl
lvl7: Ember
lvl10: Smokescreen

Macan#016
Level 7; FLYING type
OT: Riku
Nickname: Kano
Met on Route 1 at Level 5
Serious Nature
Attacks:
lvl1: Gust
lvl3: Quick Attack
lvl5: Wing Blade

Bag
Misc. Items:
[Empty]

Medicine:
Potionx5

Pokeballs:
Pokeballx4​

Key Items:
PokePHO

Wallet:
2000 P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Gloria Celeste DeCoeur
if I never returned?
Well, if you really insist on doing that, then can I just ask you to do something for me as well?
I'm fighting things I cannot see
I think it's called my destiny
That I am changing

Trainer DoB: 14 February
Badge Case
[Empty]

Pokedex
Number Seen: 12
001: Leevoat
007: Bublear
010: Sluglow
019: Chinchul
021: Sparrla
025: Voltoon
037: Pupster
052: Kuro
058: Poodledy
063: Tuttby
Number Caught: 1
004: Bublear​

Party:
Bublear#007
Level 10; WATER type
OT: Gloria
Nickname: Polaris
Met in Newshore Town at Level 5
Bashful Nature
Attacks:
lvl1: Pound
lvl7: Bubble
lvl10: Focus Energy

Bag
Misc. Items:
[Empty]

Medicine:
Potionx5

Pokeballs:
Pokeballx5​

Key Items:
PokePHO

Wallet:
2000 P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Jayde Porter
if I never returned?
|❚I think everyone should get rich and famous and do everything they've ever dreamed of so they can see it is not the answer.❚|
I'm just a boy and you're Cinderella
Snow White in blue jeans, I'm gonna tell ya.

Trainer DoB: 17 March
Badge Case
[Empty]

Party:
Voltoon #025
Level 11: ELECTRIC type
OT: Jayde
Nickname: None
Met in Resort Village at Level 5
Quirky Nature
Attacks:
lvl1: Thundershock
lvl5: Tailwhip
lvl10: Thunderwave

Bag
Misc. Items:
[Empty]

Medicine:
Potionx5

Pokeballs:
Pokeballx5

Key Items:
PokePHO

Wallet:
2000 P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsunami Hikarino
What if I never returned?
|Even if we have a million miles separating us, we'll never be apart.|
Though a thousand words
Have never been spoken
They'll fly to you
Crossing over the time and distance holding you
Suspended on silver wings

Trainer DoB: 20 June
Ribbon Case
[Empty]

Party:
Tuttby #029
Level 7; PSYCHIC type
OT: Tsunami
Nickname: Tutti
Met in Resort Village at Level 5
Serious Nature
Attacks:
lvl1: Confusion
lvl5: Double Team

Bag
Misc. Items:
[Empty]

Medicine:
Potionx5

Pokeballs:
Pokeballx5

Key Items:
PokePHO

Wallet:
2000 P

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
I feel that this topic should be used for the purpose of revealing which Pokémon are on each route, if only because otherwise it'll get clogged up. Maybe just linking to the pictures instead of increasing loadtime on this page as well. It may seem bossy, but whatever. Even something as simple as:

Masteria Route 1: A short north-south path located in south Masteria. Its northern terminus is at Dualpath City and its southern terminus is at Newport Town. The contour of the route is designed to be an express route heading south but a trek through numerous grassy and tree-infested areas heading north.

Leevoat- 25% Day, 50% Night
Chameny- 50% Day, 0% Night
Bublear- 25% Day, 50% Night

Something like that posted here would be great, and I think it would avoid getting both the main thread and this page clogged with picture downloading, especially considering how bad the forums have a large chance of getting shortly, and giving links would be of tremendous help. I also like this format personally, so does anybody have any strong opinions either way? If you were to do this then I think we should know the Route 1 Pokes up front now, if only because our characters would definitely have seen them. unless they're all secretly blind

Next thing: How will we decide captures? Since you don't want us to know about them up until we're on the Route itself, it's kind of another big issue. In other ones, on the SU form itself people simply typed up the ones they wanted, considering they already knew Johto, Kanto etc off by heart, and anything where what people wanted clashed was dealt with. Can we just say here, then, say if you reveal something that I think would fit Gloria's character on her main team, do I just post that? (I think for just catching things just for the Dex you don't really need confirmation- just to up that count. Now that I've seen it up top I'm competitive. I will have the highest Caught number, dammit!)

And finalement... when will the big decisions be made (winner of GF and League)? Closer to the time or now? Will you decide whether or not it'll be a NPC? It'd be better for the League if only because otherwise we have three people in direct competition, although I'd be happy for Gloria to be a Semi-Finalist.

Confirmation: Gyms go Verdeglade>Sierrane>Windtop>Riparin>Olrelic>Duskent>Westborder, then League. I've missed one thing, but nothing else is mentioned and there are eight badges pictured, so... is one of them Moderna?

If you've managed to reach the bottom of this wall of text, well done! Considering this is a discussion thread, does anybody have any strong opinions on anything? The main thing is the capture thing, because that'l be most immediate, and everyone'll probably have caught something by Verdeglade. I understand though that this will have to have some pacing and nobody can just decide they like the first five you picture.

EDIT: Whoopsie. One more thing. Evolutions. Pretty much the same as captures. Will we post pictures? You? Unless somebody catches the Bug type, the starters'll be first in line.

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

I do have a question: why are Jayde and Tsunami starting off in Duelpath City? Is there a reason? And when will we all meet up? I know that we've worked something out between Jayde and Riku but is there going to be a set meeting place or something?

And I agree with Wordy's block of text. I'm interested to learn those answers.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Woah its the great wall of china, only its made out of words and not cement or watever. ^__^;; Anyways, its alright i love answering questions! Okay let's get started then.

Yeah that's what the main purpose of this Discussion thread is, to post the route information and what new Pokemon appear. For every new route I'll post a small description and the wild Pokemon native to that area, with a link of course, including levels, attacks, and the appearance rate. [30% or 60%, etc.] Now, I'll allow you to encounter a rare pokemon but of course you can't constantly encounter one. You're post better be really good if you even want to encounter one! ^__^ Oh, and while I"m talking about good posts I should tell you that my expectations for posts are rather high. Well not high, but I just don't like a post under a paragraph, well actually anything under 2 paragraphs makes me diie alittle on the inside. But if you add dialogue and stuff it's not too hard.

Okay now, captures are kind of the same as rare pokemon encounters. When you encounter any kind of Pokemon, you battle it with your Pokemon and weaken it [duh]. Once you weaken it you throw a pokeball and you should end your post with the pokeball wobbling. Depending on how well your post was written, you'll either capture it or you won't. So if you really really want that pokemon you better make sure your post is good. ^__^ I'll post it up here in the Discussion Thread if you failed or succeeded in the capture, so check this thread often cuz I'll post alotta info here. But I don't really understand your second question, do you mean if you see a Pokemon you want if you call dibs on it? If that's what you mean then yeah you should probably call dibs on it, I don't want multiple Pokemon on different people's teams. If you want to capture as many Pokemon as you want you can go ahead and do that, but just know for every new pokemon you capture you're gonna have to make a little profile for it and send it to me so I can update your trainer profile with PC pokemon and your party pokemon. I would do it myself, but seeing as there's five trainers here it would be a lot of work for me to make a small profile for each pokemon captured. I'll post up the profiles for the starters, so you know the template of the pokemon profile so when you capture one you make a profile for that pokemon and send it to me.

The winner of the GF and the league will be decided later on, i'm gonna try and tie the competitions into the story line so some major event will probably happen. But the way the story is going in my head right now, an NPC won't be the champion of the league. For the GF I'm not so sure yet, seeing as we only have one coordinator he'll be in the festival against alotta NPCs. As for the league, our characters will probably be in the top 3 spots. Whos the champion at this point, i dont know. There are 5 ribbons, I think I already said what cities they're located in. There are 8 badges and 8 gyms, you missed one. Here's the order of the contest halls and gyms just to recap:

Normal Rank Contest: Sierrane City
Super Rank Contest: Windtop City
Hyper Rank Contest: Riparin City
Ultra Rank Contest: Moderna City
Master Rank Contest: Duskent Town

Antenna Badge: Verdeglade City
Brilliance Badge: Sierrane City
Peak Badge: Windtop City
Sand Badge: Lakedge City
Tower Badge: Riparin City
Insight Badge: Olrelic City
Specter Badge: Duskent Town
Snowball Badge: Westborder City

Once a Pokemon reaches the set level, [which is a secret to everyone but mee because I'm evil like that muahahaha >:3] I'll post a picture and an announcement right here in the discussion thread for everyone to see and congratulate you. I'll also post level ups and attacks learned and what not here as well, I'll also ask you what attacks to replace. Unlike the games however you can know 5 attacks, why? i don't know i like the number 5 i guess. ^__^ And to answer your question Platypus, don't worry i'll send you a pm cuz we still need to discuss some other stuff.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, here's what we're all going to do on our first post:

Masteria Episode 1 [yaaaay ^__^]

Newshore Town: Riku, Gloria and Kenneth all wake up and realize its the day they were going to start the Pokemon league challenge. They get ready and head off to Professor Willow's lab where they notice one of the pokemon was already chosen (or two depending on when you post). They get their Pokedex and even a nice gift for their travels: a PokePHO. With their new items in hand they head off into Route 1.

Dualpath City: Jayde and Tsunami wake up with their new pokemon besides them, that's all they need to remind themselves they were leaving home. They get ready and head off into the outside world where they board the Masteria Monorail train and head off to their first destination. (For Jayde its the gym leader she heard about when she was little, a great spot for beginning trainers: Antwon of Verdeglade. For Tsunami is the normal rank contest, his first stop on the road to the grand festival in Sierrane City) But the train breaks down and all passengers are forced to exit the train into Dualpath City.

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
So... When do we start! XD
Wanted to thank you and congratulate you! This is just amazing!

My only question is: Even though I'm a breeder, I can still battle some, right?
And this is game-style battling then? Just call a move, and then.. Eh, I've done it so many ways. I'll just wait and see.
And I'm not getting any badges? I could Fight some leaders, or none at all?

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Yes even though you're a breeder you'll battle alongside us, and we're mainly going to be battling against NPC's so just write it out anime-style battling and use your creativity. Since you're a breeder you won't be getting badges and mmm i don't really think you'll be battling any gym leaders either. But don't worry you'll play an equally important role in the story but you won't compete in the gyms.

Zalck

Back Again...
Okay, thanks! I just don't want to become a re-occuring side character!
>.> Looking at you, Brock...

Double-oh-Platypus

Okay, thanks! I just don't want to become a re-occuring side character!
>.> Looking at you, Brock...

Don't diss Brock ;) He is legit, my favourite character.

So, when can we expect to see an RPG thread? Unless it's already up and I've turned a blind eye to it this entire time.

And when do I get to see my name all shiny in the first post ;) Haha.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Okey. How will gym battles work? One post? Two posts split by somebody else spectating and making inane comments? Same for Contests.

I think Gloria might catch a Bug. If the first stage is all adorable and wide-eyed then she'll adopt it and lug it around in her arms like a teddy. It'll be Torchic and Beautifly all over again- although the Bug'll have more love in its first form than Wurmple did- and Bublear will be OK with it.

I'm waiting eagerly for the first Bug type to be revealed then, if only to see whether or not it fits. Of course, if there's also a pink Normal in the offing then it's all to play for!

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Mmm Brock is OKAY...haha ^__^ just kidding he's awesome, but i just hate his new dub voice. He's not a breeder anymore, did you know? :eek: He's a pokemon doctor now, he has a chansey and everything! Anyways, expect the rpg thread in a couple of minutes! :D I'm finishing up my first post as we speak, or type or read. watever.

Since there's three trainers and one gym leader i've put some thought into the battles. Also, to seperate them from ordinary gym battles I also want to add something extra. Kind of like preliminary rounds of a tournament, except for gym battles. Some kind of maze, or maybe just some gym trainers or something. Don't know yet. But the gym battles are gonna work like this: 3 trainers vs. 1 gym leader. We each use ONE pokemon each to battle against the gym leader's 3 pokemon. So let's use Brock as an example since we were talking about him:

Round One
Jayde and Voltoon vs. Brock and Sanshrew

Round Two
Riku and Chameny vs. Brock and Geodude

Round Three
Gloria and Bublear vs. Brock and Onix

It's best 2 out of 3. If we win we each get a badge and even a shiny new TM. OoooOOooOoooh. ^__^ Double-oh-Platypus would write the first round battle post vs sandshrew, then i would write my battle post versus geodude and finally you would write your battle post versus onix. Gym leaders are NPCs so feel free to make them say or do whatever you want. We'll talk with them before the gym battle so you'll know how they generally behave

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

I'm so disappointed he won't be coming back for the new season T_T

That sounds great though (the gym battles). So I presume we'll be going into the gym battles with only one Pokemon? Or will we have the opportunity to capture a new Pokemom before then?

And I want to clarify: our teams will be completely original, yes? Like, no one else can have a Voltoon or whatever?

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Well we'll have an opportunity to capture a new Pokemon before the gym, but only if you want it. I'll be sure to add this to the trainer profiles but we each have a set amount of money, and we each start off with 5 pokeballs and 5 potions each. So if you run out of Pokeballs you can't catch any new pokemon, so use them wisely!

Correct, completely original. No one else can have a Voltoon, no one else can have a Tuttby . So if I post the new Pokemon and you see one you just HAVE to have I HIGHLY reccommend you call dibs by either send me a Pm, Vm or just post in the discussion thread right away before anyone else gets to it first. Sorry if this seems unfair but seeing as double-oh-playtpus and myself are co-owners we have priority. But I'll keep things fair.

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

Do I already have a PokePHO? I'm just going to assume yes, but I'll edit my post and everything (once I finish typing it XD) later if that's not good.

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
Alright, well I'll post sometime this evening then. I'm at school, but I doubt I'd have the time to write a decent post between my classes.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
I swear I wrote a long list of questions again, but the forums ate it. Damn computers.

Shortened version of long list (that would make you tremble in your boots)

1. Will we be able to make NPC rivals? I understand that they'll have to have the dregs of whatever people don't want, but it would be great to have some sort of equal and opposite force for every character. I think Manaphy Mare will need some sort of rival anyway, otherwise his character will feel kind of like he's battling CotDs all the time. Probably multiple, fitting into the Drew type, Zoey type, Ursula/Harley type etc. (I based Gloria's appearance off of Ursula actually, just heavily edited. I quite like her, cause she is fun.)

2. How will TMs work? Will we just call dibs on TMs as well? There had better be multiple TM45s. Just spam AttractAttractAttractConfuseRay all day. Gloria'll be a mix of SpecialBlue and the GameCube series' Venus and (Orre Colosseum) Lovrina in terms of strategies. Direct damage is for looosers. Irritating statuses are for cool peeps, yo.

3. Which characters will have the most focus, in terms of story etc.? Equal distribution, or will it lean slightly? Speaking of which, will there be any sort of legendary subplot. I guess there will be, but we can find out nearer the time.

4. Finalement, any evil teams lying around looking for virgin sacrifices to heathen gods?

EDIT: OK, having read back through the backstory, will Machnimus, Solaris and Atlantoise be affiliated with the Starter Trio or something? There's also Famin, Luminarius, Vanitross and Nebuki, two of whom could be linked to the other two, but I don't really know where I'm going with this, apart from if Gloria chose the Water starter then Atlantoise sounds like a water type.

Last edited:

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Sorry guys, as you know school just started and with football practice I've been really busy. But don't fret, this RP WILL NEVER DIE!!! HOOZAHHH!! ^__^ I'll answer all your questions later today Wordy, i'm just too tired right now. sorry if its a lame excuse. DX So Manaphy Mare I just wanna let you know I would really appreciate it if your future posts would be longer, everyone's post were of good length except for yours. Just letting u know for the future.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
One last thing- would you mind also posting the little Pokémon SU form templates as well, that we would have to PM to you? Is it:

Nickname
Species

Considering everything else is technically decided by you, like levels and moves learnt. Can't wait for this to properly get on the road. Especially considering how I need something to distract me from exploding with excitement at mere tidbits of B/W news.

Will we have triple battles?

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Alright let's get to answering those questiosn! ^__^

1. Yes, NPC rivals will play a role in the story. A little later on though, maybe I'll make re-occuring character spots for other members to take and we'll make those rivals. That way more people can get involved, not completely sure yet but rivals will definitely appear.
2. TM's will randomly appear from time to time, usually the only TM's i'll make appear are new attacks. If you want an already existing TM then pm me and if its reasonable you can just find it yourself anytime you want. But you have to ask me permision first, and I have to say its okay! Since theres three trainers, when we beat a Gym Leader they'll give us 3 TM's of the same attack.
3. That's a good question, at first it'll be equal distribution. BUt as the story progresses I'll make certain chapters focus on certain characters just a bit more. But for now it'll be equal distributions with hints to the legendary plot here and there. I won't reveal the entire legendary plot as of now, you'll find out as your characters find out. So you have to wait, muahahaha! >:3
4. Yes, an evil team will make their debut in Dualpath City. I'll only give you their name: Team Scar! Sounds deliciously evil no? xD

I know! I love the new information about BW that keep coming out, i can't wait!!!!!! ^__^ YES! Triple battles are a must. :3 Don't worry I'm going to update the trailer profiles with our pokemon so you'll see the Pokemon template up soon.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Thank you. Team Scar sure does sound villainous.

So, when does Episode One conclude? When we reach Dualpath.