• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon☆ SPECIAL: Masteria [Discussion Thread]

Double-oh-Platypus

Who is supposed to make the next post? Are you guys going to reach Dualpath before the train does?

EDIT: Does my Voltoon have to be a girl? I was kind of thinking more along the lines of it being a guy. Are you going to be picking the gender for all our Pokes as well? Because I really think some Pokemon suit one gender more than the other (yes, Lopunny, I am looking at you -_-").

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Yes, Episode One will conclude when we reach the end of Route One right before DUalpath city. Speaking of which, I'm going to write my post now. Once I'm done I'll edit this post with the information you've all been waiting for: *DRUMROLL* The first batch of NEW POKES!!!!! :3

Oh and Doubleohplatypus, sorry I fixed it its just i didn't know what gender you wanted him to be. No, you'll be picking the gender of your own pokemon.

Masteria Route 1

Sparrla
Artist: Pokekoks
Normal/Flying Type
Encounter Rate: Frequent
Level 3: 40%; Level 4: 30%; Level 5: 30%
Evolves at lvl18
Attacks
lvl1: Growl
lvl3: Peck
lvl5: Sand Attack

Chinchul
Artist: Pokepages
Normal Type
Level 2: 70%; Level 3: 20%; Level 4: 10%
Evolves at lvl20
Attacks
lvl1: Tackle
lvl1: Tail Whip
lvl4: Quick Attack

Last edited:

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I think Chinchul would make an excellent contest pokemon; mind if I call it? I noticed a slight mistake with the details on Tsunami's Tuttby. First of all, his Tuttby is a female, also her nickname is Tutti. Finally, sorry my post was so short, it was around 1 AM when I posted it.

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
I WILL BRIBE YOU WITH DRUGS IF NEED BE TO GET A KOROMORI. Dammit. I am so Isshu-motivated right now. Surely, we could bend the rules a bit? 5 Masteria Pokémon and one Isshu? Pwetty please? You can't have that many Fakemon on hand. Count them.

And dammit now they've released the B/W soundtrack on YouTube, I think the Plasma theme would fit Scar- not just by virtue of being an evil team but it sounds awesome. And the Gym Leader Battle theme is top-notch.

Double-oh-Platypus

It's been a while and I don't know how active this thing is anymore, but I just made a post. And as we were talking about rivals before, I'm thinking of maybe having the NPC I used in my post as Jayde's rival.

On that note, are rivals allowed to have Pokemon from previous generations? If not, are they allowed to have Pokemon that belong to the main trainers as well, because we might have a problem fitting in rival Pokemon on top of our own teams.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Wordy: I've fallen in love with B&W so maaaaybe later on i'll allow an isshu poke ^__^

Platypus: Well its still active, or atelast I hope it is. I've been waiting for you and Manaphy mare to post so we can continue, but you guys were lagging itt. Rivals are allowed only Masteria Pokemon as well, they'll only use Pokemon we've seen so far. Unless I say otherwise. Yeah they are bound to share at least one pokemon with the main trainers.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
I still think we could move on anyway. I mean, the main thing is getting us to Dualpath right now, and we don't want the other two to get too far ahead if you want the whole travelling together thing to work.

Also, we've had plenty of time, so there has to be a deadline for each 'chapter' if you like, before you post. I understand why you don't want to do this, but otherwise it'll just pop its figurative clogs.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Yeah, I agree a deadline for each chapter will be applied. Anyways, Route 1 isn't finished yet. We still have the last area to cover, which brings 2 new pokes. I know what you're thinking, 'Whaaaat? 4 new pokes in the FIRST route??!! You're a mad man!!!' be that as it may, i want you to have a wider variety before we reach the first badge. So here we go:

Macan[TAKEN]
Normal/Flying Type
Level 4: 40%; Level 5: 50%; Level 6: 10%
Evolves at lvl16
Attacks
lvl1: Gust
lvl3: Quick Attack
lvl5: Wing Blade

Pupster
Artist: RizzoArtPage
Normal/Water Type
Level 4: 60%; Level 5: 30%; Level 6: 10%
Evolves at lvl26
Attacks
lvl1: Tackle

lvl4: Growl
lvl5: Camoflage

Masteria 1: C PART

The final stretch of Route 1 is covered in light forest and various small bodies of water, filled with all four pokemon that roam Route 1. Unlike the Newshore side of the route, the DUalpath side of Route 1 has a bit stronger Pokemon. The average newbie trainer might have trouble capturing one of these wild pokemon. Dualpath City is close once you pass through the small cliff sides.

Platypus and Manaphy mare don't post this part. No need.

DUE DATE: Wednesday, September 29

Last edited:

Zalck

Back Again...
Alright: I am going to catch a Pupster, Kay?
I really want too, anyhow!

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
OK, great! Everybody done. Chapter Two now.

I hope there's something more conventionally cute soon, if only because otherwise Gloria will soon have nobody else but Bublear. Will there be any sheep? I like sheep. Or preferably something fluffy.

Will we get info on Antwon's squad nearer the time? There must be at least three Bugs you have in mind.

And as for rivals, I'm stuck. I want Gloria's rival to have something that knows Transform, but he can't have a Ditto. So, is there anything that knows Transform in the Masteria Dex? Just PM a picture to me if you want, but I kind of need it for his character. He'll be a con artist and her equal and opposite force, probably doing badges as well.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Pokémon SPECIAL
Masteria Adventures

Masteria 02
A PART

Dualpath City, a large urban city bustling with activity. The roads are full of cars going to work, the sidewalks are bustling with trainers and civilians. Random trainer battles bursting out in the streets are common in these areas, as well as a couple of new Pokemon species running around. Our three heroes finally arrive in the city; Riku, Gloria and Ken make their way into the Pokemon center and meet up with two new friends: Jayde and Tsunami. It seems a small incident involving the nurse's pokemon attracts the attention of these two new friends and they all discover Verdeglade is their common destination. Tsunami, however, is going the opposite way. That is, until he finds out the old man known as the Ball Capsule master lives in Verdeglade. So all five quickly decide they should travel together.
DUE DATE: FRIDAY. OCTOBER 1

DUALPATH POKEMON

Kuro [TAKEN]
Dark Type
Encounter Rate: Rare
Evolves with max happiness
Attacks
lvl1: Transform

New Ability: [Bad Luck Charm] Kuro have a new, special ability which lowers both Pokemon's attack and defense and even triggers bad luck in the surrounding area.

Poodledy
Artist: Angelis21
Normal Type
Encounter Rate: Rare
Evolves at lvl38
Attacks
lvl1: Transform

New Ability: [Good Luck Charm] Poodledy have a new, special ability which raises both Pokemon's attack and defense and even triggers good luck in the surrounding area.

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Wait, a second. Who took Kuro? I actually think they're really good opposites for Gloria and her rival, so I desperately want her to get Kuro and him to have Poodledy. This is just curiosity.

In case of avoiding more confusion, can you put [TAKEN BY (name)]? That just makes it easier in the long run and more convenient.

Also, don't forget to keep the first post updated. Did Zalck catch the Pupster or not? Stuff like that.

Double-oh-Platypus

Even though it hasn't been put on the first page *hint hint, nudge nudge*, Charizard asked me to be co-owner of the roleplay. One of the perks of being a co-owner was being able to take a peak at the Pokes before and I just really wanted Kuro. I had a good idea with it for Jayde. Sorry.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
It's obvious schoool and real life has gotten the upper hand for some of us, but its okay. I still want this roleplay to survive, it seems Zalck has dropped out so I'll probably open up SU's for Leevoat. As for the rest of us I'll post sometime tomorrow :)

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
If I can't have Kuro then I'll please have Sluglow. Look at it! I do hope it evolves fully quite quickly considering it is a Bug type. Catch something with a type advantage? She's way too tricky to do that.

As for Poodledy, I've given that to Gloria's main rival/assistance. He's a flirt like her. Hope you don't mind her roping him in to help her get her shopping pass be a good citizen and saving Sluglow for the common good. And maybe even Team Scar. Yay double battle. Why do I feel like Riku won't like him very much?

Deadline for this chapter? Also, will the schedule now be:

EP1: Beginning
EP2: Dualpath
EP3: Forest (hopefully Gloria's first capture here?)
EP4: Verdeglade/Gym (yay bugs)

Or are there other things squashed in?

I do hope Gloria's profile is updated soon so it is all shiny and new.

Double-oh-Platypus

Kay, so I just noticed something in the Charizard's last post, and I think it should be brought up here:

I don't know how you guys have all roleplayed in the past, but I don't really like it when people control or "bunny" my character, especially without permission. I understand that sometimes it's for the sake of moving the plot along, but there were some parts in Charizard's post about how Jayde walked in with Gloria and everything. I had no intentions of Jayde meeting Gloria just randomly out on the streets of Dualpath and would have totally screwed up my post if I hadn't looked closely enough to see what had actually happened in the post.

So, long story short: I'd kind of appreciate it if you left Jayde to me. I love the independence of a roleplay because it means I get to control my own character, and I feel that the way that things just played out in the last couple posts has sort of taken that independence away from me.

That is all :)

Jk. That wasn't it. I just remembered: Charizard, when you have the time, do you think you could maybe update the first post? That would include changing Voltoon's gender and perhaps adding my name somewhere in there since I was named co-owner or whatever? :D Haha.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Sorry I didn't mean to bunny your character but we were all supposed to meet in the pokemon center and i didn't really want to bunny your characters too much, but don't worry I don't usually do it anyways so no worries. But if I ever do need to again I'll let you know. When I get out of the shower I'll update my first post to make it all shiny! ^__^ THe main reason I didn't want to update it was, well one because I'm lazy and two because whenever I try to edit it the spacing between text is always weird and crazy.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Kay, also just so you guys know once we're in our group like we are right now you can't go off by yourself and do your own thing. Sorry if it lessens your creativity or whatever but we're in a group now and we travel together.