• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon☆ SPECIAL: Masteria [Discussion Thread]

Double-oh-Platypus

Well, when we're in the towns or whatever, do we have to travel around like a huge pack? I mean, I understand that when we're on the road we should be together, but what if Gloria wants to go shopping or whatever and Jayde wants to practice her battles? Do you get what I'm saying?

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Yeah i completely understand, that's allowed. Only Minor straying like that, just don't go off and enter some sort of wacky competition without us or something like that. You can have a minor side adventure if you want from time to time but nothing too major.

On an unrelated note, just kidding it very very related, I'm thinking of changing Kuro to another morphing cat pokemon, Shadeko. It's just Shadeko is based on a japanese myth and i thought it'd be cooler to have it thatn Kuro. Tell me what you think

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2009/239/0/c/026_Shadeko_by_RizzoArtPage.jpg

Double-oh-Platypus

Um, well, considering that I'm catching Kuro... I don't really like the new Poke. :/ Besides, Kuro matches with the weird Poodle thing so I don't really think this new one would fit with what we've got already.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Do you want me to type up anything for Matthew, like a sort of SU form, or are you fine with just what I say? Just in case anybody decides that they can bunny him or something. As for his Pokémon, they can just be whatever people don't want by the time he appears again. I was thinking Poodledy, Pupster (dogs) and a Bug type.

Finally, you've updated the first post! Fanfare etc. I hope this means we can get onto Team Scar soon.

I echo what DOP said about characters being able to do their own thing within cities, not including anything big. I highly doubt Riku, Gloria and Jayde all share the exact same interests and would be happy to do the same thing. Obviously, for Routes etc. they would have to be together, and for Gyms, but otherwise...

But there will be other events aside from the League and Contests, right? Like tournaments to win rare Eggs and ballroom dances and the Seven Stars Restaurant and flower-arranging shows. Well, maybe not the last one. Oh, and Gift Pokémon, like Eevee and the Riolu egg.

Was Leevoat left leering lonely-like in the light of the leaving Trainers? Have you made any headway with that whole situation?

Double-oh-Platypus

Yes :) First post update! Haha.

Just a question to Charizard: Was my post about catching Kuro good or not? I'd like to know whether or not I caught it. Oh, and how do we know when our Pokemon level up? It's nice to see new attacks appearing on the list, but if I had known I could have used Thunderwave in the battle against Kuro, it probably could have been different. You know?

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Yay, it feels so good to update the first post and for this roleplay to finally start getting up to speed. ^__^ You guys don't know the treats you're in for, trust me!

Wordy, if you want you can make up a SU for Matthew for reference purposes. I'm not forcing it onto you but it'll be helpful. I have a nice idea for his pokemon. Just let me know when you want him to make his next appearance, or just a general area and I'll work him into the story in a truly awesomely(not real word) fashion. ^__^;; Team SCAR will make its debut soon, not the entire organization of course but a few agents. Kinda like a Jesse/James duo only these two are badass and can actually handle themselves in a battle. haha. I completely agree, your characters can do their own things now and again but like you said nothing too major. YES! I plan to do LOTS of things besides gyms, don't worry it'll be fun! I'm trying to find a nice and suitable trainer for Leevoat, i send Stabberz a PM i like the way he roleplays and I hope he'll accept. If he doesn't want to then theres always Torpoleon, or The Doctor. Give me any other suggestions if you guys know anyone good. ^__^

Perry the Platypus ^__^, Yeah I was actually waiting for someone else to post before I said anything. I don't wanna double post and risk being beaten to death by the mods. 0.0 ANYWHOOO, what I'll do from now on is post an update every day full of everything new. That includes: New attacks, level ups, captures, items found and what not. I'll probably post it after each chapter part is finished come to think of it. So keep a look out for that. So because we finished B part, a.k.a. the second part here is the first update!

Trainer Update!

Riku Cloud Sugimori
•Absolutely Nothing....u loser.

Gloria Celeste DeCoeur
Registered Matthew's PokePHO number!

Jayde Porter
•Congratulations! You captured a lvl5 Kuro! What gender? Do you want to nickname it?
•Ping! Voltoon grew to lvl11!

Double-oh-Platypus

Female, I suppose. And no nickname ;)

And I love the idea of an update every day. That'll be so helpful. Hehe.

Also, now that I have Kuro, I just wanted to ask: is it a lot like Ditto in terms of its transformation powers? Or can it change into any Pokemon in battle? I wasn't too clear on that stuff.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Kuro and Poodedly, unlike Ditto, can transform into ANYTHING at ANYTIME. Awesome i know :) I'm thinking of putting music at the beginning of every chapter part, just to slap an ambiance into our posts! ^__^

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Forgive me for the messy formatting, sometimes computers are such stupid machines. Is having two separate themes OK- I would recommend you take a good look at the MvsC3 soundtrack anyway. All great music, adding a bit of variety to your atmosphere setting. Shop around, always good to hear new things. Have you heard the BlazBlue and Guilty Gear soundtracks before? Epicest music.

My post will come later, and I've PMed you with a few questions. Well, I will. Hope everything is OK. As it is just really an expansion piece JIC I haven't really paid too much attention to length descriptors etc. and so it may seem short. His history etc. will hardly come up so whatever.

if i never returned?
❚Whenever you meet a beautiful lady, always ask her name. That's my rule.
Some of us hover when we weepin' for the other
Who was dying since the day they were born, well
Well, this is not that I think that I'm throwing
But I'm thrown

/NAME
Matthew James Yew
/AGE
Sixteen; Birthday: Fourteenth of March
/GENDER
Male
/ROLE
Pokémon Trainer

/APPEARANCE
Physical appearance: Matthew appears to be a cookie-cut pretty boy/rich boy archetype. Described by Gloria as looking ‘sort of like a male model,’ he is just over six feet tall and is obviously very sporty and fit, with broad shoulders and an athletic build. He has rather melancholic yet intelligent grey eyes and close-cropped black hair laying flat, with relatively straight and neat teeth, displayed when he smiles (which is often).
Clothing and accessories: Matthew occasionally dons a pair of dark sunglasses, which he likes to use to disguise himself from the world, or just to block people out. His favourite clothes are a grey polo shirt with all but the top two buttons done up, and some smart jeans, held up by a black leather belt with gold etchings. Over the top of said shirt he wears a leather jacket similar to those worn by bikers- but his is neat and is not scratched or torn, kept in impeccable condition, with some similar looking gloves. To store all of his items, he has a rather exuberant briefcase that makes him look like some sort of businessman and much more mature.

/PERSONALITY
General:
Matthew is smart and analytic to a fault- he is incredibly thoughtful and tends to second-guess what the person he is talking to will say before they say it. He is a dreadful flirt and often lures people in with his smiley yet witty attitude, full of nuances that tend to be more on the persuasive side, but this is not always just something to do and from time to time he does meet a literal ‘soulmate’ who he feels a bond with. He enjoys debating points with others and can come across as rather arrogant in extenuating circumstances, with an imperious attitude and haughty demeanour when the situation calls for it.

Likes/Dislikes:

✘Debating
✘Winning an argument
✘Playfully flirting
✘Tricking others into doing things for him
✘Looking at the sky
✘Trying new things
✘The feeling of adventure and adrenaline
✘Having a duty and something to do, whether it is a burden or enjoyable

✘Not having a choice in matters
✘Working for somebody else/teamwork
✘Being outsmarted
✘Losing at anything
✘Doing any strenuous work at all
✘Those who he considers smug
✘Being tied down by anyone or anything

Hobbies:
✘Reading
✘Swimming/tennis/other non-team sports
✘Stargazing/cloud watching
✘Training both himself and his Pokémon
✘Thinking

Strengths/Weaknesses:

✘Being adaptable
✘Finding the good side of any situation
✘Being cool-headed in stressful situations
✘Having a good sense of etiquette and control
✘Fast to react

✘Underestimating opponents
✘He forms immediate bonds with people he likes- this can be bad
✘Urges to humiliate opponents as much as possible
✘Prefers to stay on the offensive
✘Talks too fast

Fears:
✘Being lost
✘Knowing nothing at all
✘Being left by his Pokémon
✘Loneliness
✘Abandonment
✘Coming in second place

Other quirks: He makes for a passable cheerleader and is rather enthusiastic about the basic amenities of life, such as food and oxygen.

/HISTORY
Matthew Yew was born in Moderna City- centre of commerce and modern home of everything. He had what could almost be described as a perfect life- he was popular and at least above average at all of his school subjects, with a thriving social life in the middle of the scene. Despite this, his life seemed a bit monotonous and too pampered for his tastes. He wanted experiences to tell his children about- not just staying in one place until he grew old, with nothing to speak of truly.

His pilgrimage began as soon as he turned fifteen- he began work in RiparinCity in a soup kitchen. From there, he heard more about the legendary Badge Challenge and the eternal glory a winner would receive. This sounded to be exactly what he wanted, so along with his devoted Poodledy, Candy, he began a trek across the Masteria region. He did not wish to rush- instead, he took breaks at various landmarks and let himself absorb as much as possible before properly registering in Dualpath. As such, his three Pokémon are quite strong for their size and pack a hidden punch. He first defeated the Leader Antwon handily with the assistance of his teammates, and later bumped into the girl that would later become his rival on his return trip through to SierraneCity, which is his new target. He hopes to capture another Pokémon before he obtains his third badge.

/POKéMON
Matthew’s first Pokémon was Candy, his female Poodledy. Along with Candy, he owns two other Pokémon which are yet to be revealed. His preferred kinds of Pokémon appear to be more domesticated and pet-like, but hide an intense inner power.
/RELATIONSHIPS
Having recently met Gloria DeCoeur, he felt an immediate attraction to the girl and has vowed to meet her again. Whilst she is immediately smitten with him, he is still being more cautious- after all, he knows the sort of girl she is and how she enjoys toying with people. Despite not talking with Riku Sugimori, he felt an immediate disliking towards him, which seems to be reciprocated.

/THEME SONG
Matthew Standard
Matthew vs. Gloria

---------

Awesomest should totally be in the dictionary, as well as smartestest. That's me!

Last edited: