• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon 2012: Überload [Discussion Thread]

Deadly.Braviary

Pokémon 2012: Überload [Discussion Thread]

73646524.png

POKéMON 2012: üBERLOAD
~ a deadly.braviary RP ~

Click for theme song
Sign-up thread
RPG thread

THE OLD LEGENDS
Everyone knows the old legends.

The three birds that fly over Kanto, keeping nature in balance.

The faerie that resides in Ilex Forest as the spirit of nature.

The giant dragon that creates and rules the clear skies, while living at the summit of the giant pillar in one of the many islands of Hoenn.

The giant that is said to reside within the Snowpoint Temple's cavernous basement.

The urban legend of an insectoid cloned from a fossil and illegally genetically-modified by Team Plasma several years ago.

They're not legends anymore.

They're real.

SUE CRA
You used to be an ordinary citizen. One day you stumbled upon a blog on the internet. It was written by a woman named Sue Cra. This unlikely name, according to Sue, was the result of a misspelling on her birth certificate (originally 'Cray', Cra is still pronounced the same way).

Sue's blog, interestingly titled "
Überload" followed her work: she claimed to be a historian, researching the old myths of the world. She detailed her findings on her blog: if it was the latest Neolithic cave painting discovered, or yet another theory on the mysteriously desolate Newmoon Island where nobody dared to venture into, it was on Sue's blog.

You found this interesting, and began to follow the blog, not realising that this action might have consequences ...

On the 14th of December, Sue Cra's blog was updated. Through the next week, the world changed.

THE 2012 PHENOMENON
The 2012 Phenomenon. Yet another crackpot end of the world theory. The Mayan calendar stated that the world would end in 2012? Ridiculous. Preposterous. Utter bullsh*t.

Sue Cra didn't think so.

Sue Cra updated her blog on the 14th of December. Why? Because, she believed, she would be dead the next week.

Hey everyone! This is Sue speaking.

This will be my very last update. Next week, the world will end, as the Mayans predicted.

We're already slipping into decline. Global warming, political crises, wars, disturbances in the ecosystem... the end of the world isn't the logical next step, but it is logical. Maybe a few days down the line. But surely, it's coming, whenever it will.

For those who say the Mayans didn't count the extra days in leap years or whatever: I reply, so what? Maybe the world won't end. So what? Maybe the world needs to end. After all, it's in pretty bad shape.

Anyway, goodbye. It's been one hell of a ride. :)

-Sue
Sue Cra's blog: last update, 14.12.2012​

Throughout the week leading up to the 'end of the world', the world was beginning to change drastically.

Sightings of the old legends became abundant throughout the world.

The Tohjo Falls dispute ended violently when an anonymous suicide bomber detonated a bomb that caused the entire cave to come down on the activists and the soldiers at the border.

The Magikarp in the Lake of Rage floated, belly-up, as the Gyarados began to attack their own kind. Charles 'Chuck' Norst, Gym leader of the city of Cianwood, was attacked by his own Pokemon.

The weather went haywire everywhere: sunshine abruptly turns to a downpour and back within minutes, the seas flood, snow bombards the tropical regions, and thunder and lightning inexplicably boom over the remote seas.

And on top of all this, a small rainstorm over the city of Pacifidlog rapidly turns into a gigantic and monstrous hurricane that begins a devastating global circuit ...

You wonder what could possibly be the cause of this. Due to the unpredictably horrible weather conditions, you have been given leave off school/work until all returns to normal.

On the 21st of December, 2012, while at your home in Washington, DC, preparing for the inevitable yet unpredictable hurricane strike that is forecasted for this week, you get a call.

This call changes your life.

A CALL FOR HELP FROM GOD

YOU: Hello?

?: (static) ... lo.

YOU: Who is this?

?: You kn ... (static) ... me. I am (static).

YOU: I'm sorry, I didn't get that.

?: I am God.

(Silence. The static suddenly dissipates.)

YOU: What?

?: I am known by many names. The one I prefer is Arceus, but the name of the human I am possessing is Susan Bliss Cra. While earthbound, I am called 'Sue'.

YOU: Is this a prank call?!

SUE: No. I am Sue Cra - which happens to be Arceus spelled backwards. I am a direct creation of Arceus, made to be his vassal among humans, and in case the worst happens, I will become his human body.

YOU: Give me a good reason not to hang up.

SUE: All will be explained.

(Hang-up button dialled. The line remains connected.)

YOU: Why isn't this hanging up?!

SUE: I still possess some of the powers of my old self. I can manipulate reality such that you will hear me in your head rather than on this phone. Would that be preferable to you?

(Silence for a few seconds.)

YOU: How on earth did you do that?

SUE: Now do you believe me?

YOU: Er ...

SUE: I need to speak to you. I'll meet you at a place you know well. This location will now be communicated telepathically.

(Silence.)

SUE: Meet me there. Now.

(End of call.)
Transcript of call​

[/CENTER]
Within seconds, you are braving unimaginable weather to get to the rendezvous location 'Sue' asked you to get to. You're not completely sure if she's sane; but you know that she has awe-inspiring and terrible powers, and even with a fraction of her power left, she could blow you to smithereens.

Later, you cannot recall if you went to a park, or a cafe, or even the nearest grocery store. Maybe a gas station. But you remember the meeting clearly.

THE DAY OF THE MEETING
Sue Cra looks exactly like the pictures on her blog. 5' 7'' and slim, with short brown hair and glow-in-the-dark orange spectacles.

But on the net, her eyes aren't blank and lacking in emotion and pupil.

They aren't unfeeling and golden.

Within minutes, she explains the situation telepathically.

BEFORE AND HOW IT ALL CHANGED
Arceus isn't God. It'swhat is called an Entity.

The Entities are a pantheon of the first Pokemon species to have been created. Even they aren't sure how they were made. Arceus' species has ruled the pantheon since the beginning of time. Every century or so, the current pantheon of Entities crumble into cosmic dust, which reforms into a new pantheon.

Only one Pokemon in each species of Entities can exist at a time. Therefore, approximately fifty Entities are alive at any given time. Each Entity carries the memories and wisdom of its predecessors, but a fresh and strong body. The Entities' physical bodies cannot hold the strain of hosting so much power at once, however, and so new bodies for old minds are created every hundred years.

The current pantheon of the 21st century, however, has decided that the Earth needs a fresh start. They view the relationship between humans and Pokemon as akin to a master and his or her slave. This must be changed.

COUP

The first artificial Entity, Mewtwo, is the leader of this school of thought, the Separatists. Mewtwo was created in 1996, when a group of Kanto researchers cloned it from the DNA of another Entity, Mew. Thus, it harbours great resentment for humankind, as they created it to be a WMD for terrorists.

Mewtwo has been rallying Entities to it since it was formally accepted into the pantheon in 1999. Now, thirteen years later, Mewtwo and its Separatists have staged a revolt.

Ever since the Separatists were created, they have been petitioning Arceus to allow them to wipe out the human race. However, Arceus, who didn't want all of its hard work to go to waste, refused. Finally, Mewtwo took matters into its own hands.

On the 15th, Mewtwo and a few of its most trusted Separatist allies stormed Arceus' home: the pocket dimension known as the Hall of Origin. There, they overpowered the Entity in charge of creation itself with ease. Arceus alone was no match for the five or six Entities that attacked him. Combining their powers, they banished Arceus from the pantheon, condemning its mortal body to cosmic dust that contained the being of Arceus. Mewtwo trapped most of Arceus' soul in a device of its own creation, the Pandora Machine.

However, a few grains of the dust were overlooked. These tiny fractions of Arceus' power generated themselves into Saffron City. Every Entity has a 'vassal', a human being who they personally created to hold their soul in case their mortal body was unexpectedly lost. What was left of Arceus' soul took refuge in his vassal, Sue Cra.

THE VASSALS
Your destiny unfolds before your eyes. Arceus/Sue now tells you that you are a vassal of one of the few Entities that did not ally with the Separatists. Mewtwo apparently does not think them powerful enough to warrant their capture, now that their leader, Arceus, is gone.

Sue gingerly hands you a small orb, a centimetre in diametre. Its surface is soft and its texture feels like that of meat. She tells you that if you swallow this orb, you will gain the ability to sense other vassals and Entities. You must seek out vassals to aid you, and you must find Entities to help you as well. If possible, you must cause Separatists to defect from their cause.

You think it over, and finally take a chance.

You swallow the orb.

YOUR MISSION

• to find the Entity whose vassal you are (your host Entity)
  • to find other vassals to help you
  • to find other Entities to help you
  • to defeat Separatists who may attack you
  • to attack the Separatist fortress in Cerulean Cave, once you think you are strong enough
  • to defeat Mewtwo, once you think you are strong enough
  • to destroy the Pandora Machine, and set free the rest of Arceus' soul

and last, but in no way least,

• to not die

Of course, it's never that easy.

POWERS AND ABILITIES
You do control your host Entity, whom you'll meet as soon as we start. But they won't be battling any legendaries, as they will dissipate into cosmic dust, part of which gives you some powers, and part of which forms your weapon.

There are two kinds of powers, risk and no risk powers. A no risk power has no toll on your health; however, a risk power takes some of your energy. On coming into contact with the cosmic dust of your host Entity, you gain two no risk powers, which is defensive or helpful in nature, and one risk power, which is offensive and more powerful but takes a little of energy. Causing your skin to harden and become almost invulnerable, or giving yourself an accelerated healing ability is no risk, but creating projectile spikes from your arms or summoning flames out of thin air is definitely a risk ability. We will gain a few extra powers later on.

Now for your weapon. This weapon isn't ordinary. If you get a sword, you may discover that, with the click of a button, you can cause the blade to heat up. Or, you may get a gun which shoots bullets that are automatically attracted to their intended target. Your weapon is bound to you, and will return to you in a few seconds if you lose it.

EXAMPLE
Sue, the vassal of Arceus: Sue's powers are extremely limited and extend to telepathy and teleportation (no risk powers) and creation of matter (risk power). Her weapon is a bracelet which resembles Arceus' 'ring'; this can absorb weak levels of energy and transform it into projectiles. The bracelet loses stored energy if it isn't used two hours after being absorbed. It cannot absorb energy-based attacks like Hyper Beam, but it can absorb energy generated by attacks, such as flames resulting from Fire-type attacks.

THE WORLD AROUND US
The world we're playing in is our world, plus the five mainstream regions from the Pokemon world (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova). The storyline of the games has taken place in the same years the game was released: however, Black 2 and White 2's storyline has not yet occurred.

Kanto and Johto are located near Japan, and considered part of Asia.

Hoenn is an island in the Pacific, and is considered to be part of South America.

Sinnoh is a Northern European island, settled by Europeans (mainly the British and French).

Unova is on the East Coast of the US and considered a separate country, part of North America.

As for the weather, Mewtwo and his Separatists have the three legendary beasts (Entei, Raikou and Suicune), on their side. These three use their powers to alter the weather of the world: Entei causes mountains to turn into volcanoes, Raikou causes gigantic storms, and Suicune turns sunshine into rain and causes rivers to flood or become polluted.

Most 'ordinary' humans are taking refuge in shelters wherever they can. Darkrai, who is also a Separatist, enters the dreams of some survivors and causes them to lose their will to live slowly. Various wild Pokemon roam the flooded, storm-struck, and abandoned streets of the world.

RULES OF THE GAME + FAQ

• While playing, filling up your sign-up sheet, and commenting on posts, please make the effort to use proper English. I prefer the UK spellings (grey and not gray, colour and not color), but it's entirely your choice which ones you choose. Just make sure you don't spell 'grey'/'gray' as 'grre'.
  • No godmodding.
  • A small amount of bunnying is allowed. For example, you can say that when you battle another character's Pokemon, their Pokemon stumbled backwards. However, you cannot say that you OHKO'ed them. Please note: PVP battles aren't going to be a 'regular thing'.
  • On the subject of Pokemon, you are allowed to have a maximum of six Pokemon. One can be owned prior to the events of the story, and the rest caught along the way. If you want to, you can choose to not have any Pokemon. When you submit your profile, include ONLY INCLUDE THE ONE POKEMON YOU WILL HAVE IN THE BEGINNING. If you're going to catch more, you'll have to fill in a sign up profile (ONLY THE POKEMON SECTION) and PM it to me, saying something like 'Hey, I want to catch this Pokemon'. Same applies if your Pokemon evolves: send me a PM saying 'My Pokemon is evolving. (insert evolved-form's profile)', however there's no need to update the original SU post.
  • This RPG is rated PG-13/T. Violence is allowed to a limit (blood is fine but no gore), a little swearing (a sh*t here and there) is fine, nothing else.
  • Please post a minimum of twice a week.
  • All other Serebii.net forum rules and RPG forum rules apply.

The following Pokemon cannot be caught (refer rule four) or be your host legendaries:

• The pseudo-legendaries (Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydreigon) and their evolutionary lines
  • Mew* and Mewtwo [Separatist]
  • Entei, Raikou and Suicune [Separatist]
  • Celebi*
  • Darkrai [Separatist]
  • Phione** and Manaphy**
  • Arceus
  • Genesect [Separatist]

* Does not take sides.
** Not considered an Entity.

ROSTER
Character name [Host Entity] - Player
Accepted; Pending/Reserved; Open
Closed for now, but later on, if one of our players unexpectedly leaves, we'll find a way to get some more players in.

1. Ben Kendrick [Deoxys] - Deadly.Braviary
2. Tyler Kingston [Rayquaza] - Monster Guy
3. Ice [Regice] - Lost Requiem
4. Sophia Larson [Meloetta] - TheSketchQueen
5. Evelina Hollins [Uxie] - Azran Flame
6. Jolene Sulzbach [Dialga] - Purplepassion
7. Ian Blackwood [Giratina] - SoulMuse
8. Miles Stone [Ho-oh] - miles0624

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

So guys, let's get this started! =D (in other words, I'm ready to start.)

...I've just realised, the only two people here I'm familiar with are Mon and CandleReaper. ^^;

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

^ You don't know Purple? I thought you guys met before.

I'm ready to start.

Btw, are you still taking Sign Ups, because I know another person who may want Ho-Oh.
If we've roleplayed together before, then I don't remember. =p If we actually did, then we probably didn't talk to each other much... I don't really remember much about Purple.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I've given up long ago for people to call me my Nickname Lit.

Well, let's get started, I do have my RPG profile in the thread, maybe we could link to those?

If we've roleplayed together before, then I don't remember. =p If we actually did, then we probably didn't talk to each other much... I don't really remember much about Purple.

Huh, really? I think I remember you from Pokemon Universe or something. You played the Glaceon, I think? =P

Anyways, I'm ready to start! I take it we're all introducing ourselves right now?

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
Well, Miles0624, and I think I have played with all of you. But here is a little bit about me.

Started on Serebii about seven years ago, and have about six years of RPG experience. I have five character profiles: Miles(Serious/outsider), Rick (Moderater/ funloving), Edward (the young person), Destiny (The female), and Jacob (The swampert for pure pokemon RPGs.). My first RPGs were Essence of the Elementals and Shadow Pokemon war 2 and 3. Those were done back in 2006 and introduced me to this world. After those, I did about ten others until 2009. I don't know what happened, but I just stopped Serebii altogether. In 2011, one of my RPG friends got me back on Serebii after reading Essence of the Elementals. He got the whole gang back together to try and do it again. After all, we all should have more experience under our belt. In the end, we just left the RPG and decided to keep our memories.

After that, I met Mon ad Flame Mistress while doing project Legends v2 back in November last year. Also, I think we all were on the legendary Island RPG. I have done four other Rpgs since then as well. Now, I have a new computer and have to rewrite all my profiles. (Previous one crashed.) Ok.

Strengths:
1. Has very good ideas.
2. Can make my characters easily connectable.
3. Very good at making battle scenarios.

Weakness:
1. May be hard to follow. Those who have worked with me know that the more you read my writing, the better you are at understanding me. Sometimes I may skip a connection, which would be great if you called me out on. It may make the perfect sense to me, but if you guys don't see that connection, just tell me.
2. Bunnying: I had a bunnying problem, which I resolved by not touching other people's characters at all. Thus, you may see me just do a full conversation without you character responding because I didn't want to mess with them.
3. Comedy. I don't even try anymore.

Flame Mistress

Huh, really? I think I remember you from Pokemon Universe or something. You played the Glaceon, I think? =P

Oh yeah, that was last season. I was the winner. ;D I'm not doing very well this season though, especially since I joined on the fourth week and I'm still getting used to things.

I don't have an RPG profile (actually, apparently I do, but it's really outdated by now), but I did take a break from RPing for a few months before joining this and another RPG (Aradis Chronicles). You'll probably see me around in the Games, Misc, GPD, Shippers' Community, Nintendo Discussion, and this forum. As well as with Pokémon, I'm also obsessed with Professor Layton and, more recently, Inazuma Eleven. Also, I am a girl. So that's me in a nutshell.

Oh, and, uh, Miles, weren't you Denied?

Oh yeah, that was last season. I was the winner. ;D

Congratulations. =P I was the Vileplume that got eliminated quickly.

I don't have an RPG profile either, and I think my first RPG was the first Return of Team Galactic...? Then I think I went over to Gijinka Academy and Project Legends where I met Mon and miles. Then I took a break for a few months, making random rounds here and there, and now here I am.

I used to frequent the Games and Fanart Shops forums but I've long since disappeared from there. I think I'm pretty content with just staying around right here. Some of my interests, aside from Pokemon, include Homestuck and Touhou. It's nice to meet you all (and in some cases, again!)

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
Oh, okay then. So that's three people I know! (Though the last time we RPed together was, like, aaaaaaages ago)

Yeah, back when istorm was still on here. I miss him...... Good times. Didn't you also have Uxie is PL2? or was that Mon.

I just read through everyone's profile, but it seems that we aren't the talkative sort. Everyone but Tyler seems like an introvert. Miles is like in the middle of the line. Boy we sure do love black.

So how soon are we supposed to me our host entity. It says immediately, but also states it is one of our objectives.

Edit: Also, can we be having the Darkrai dreams too?

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Evelina used to be happier when she was younger, but as she grew up and things changed (including the relationship between herself and her foster siblings), she began to take a more negative look on life, and eventually she just thought "screw this world" and became the introvert she is today. =p

I'm also drawing Evelina. Hopefully I'll be able to finish and upload it by tomorrow evening.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Well since we seem to be doing introductions, I have been around Serebii RPing for a bit now....not really sure when I started. My RP profile is there...I think.

Anyway.....