• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon airing at 7:30 AM?

Dattebayo

Banned
is it not possible to set up a VCR to record it?

I don't have a VCR that barely works, luckily I have CNw on my Direct TV. The only downside is that it's not HD.

Thank goodness there's a thing called Youtube that exists. I love watching Pokemon in HD, it looks so great in wide screen. How about you fellas? Or is it full when it's on HD? Don't worry, once complaints are filled in, CN will definitely put it back to its original scheduled programming. Honestly, who watches OTHER shows on that channel? It's a a disgrace to modern animation these days and they lack creativity and original ideas. Yes, I only watch Pokemon and listen to watercolors on Direct TV nowadays and sometimes Football or hockey. I even emailed Pokemon USA about this! Wait a minute....some kids can't go on the internet....sucks for them.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Thank goodness there's a thing called Youtube that exists.

But I don't like to watch Pokemon episodes on Youtube, I want to watch them on a bigger screen and watch Brawl/Punch Out!!/Bowser's Inside Story/Mickey Mania videos during commercial breaks.

BCVM22

Don't worry, once complaints are filled in, CN will definitely put it back to its original scheduled programming.

They don't care what you think. Don't be delusional.

Honestly, who watches OTHER shows on that channel? It's a a disgrace to modern animation these days and they lack creativity and original ideas.

You can say this all you like, but if the shows are still on, clearly someone is watching them. Lord, it's like you think you are in fact the sole person who gets and watches Cartoon Network. Stop.

I even emailed Pokemon USA about this!

They don't care what you think either, nor do they have much/any say involving the time slot in which Pokémon airs.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
What in the world, you're right for sure. I checked the website's schedule and it's no mistake. I wonder what caused them to change? Now I wouldn't be amazed if this is a warning sign if the show has low ratings (which isn't possible) or it could move to Disney XD.

I doubt they will move too Disney. Doesn't disney own Digimon? IDK but haveing digimon and Pokemon on the same channel makes me feel the world would stop.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
I doubt they will move too Disney. Doesn't disney own Digimon? IDK but haveing digimon and Pokemon on the same channel makes me feel the world would stop.

Yes, and yet, oddly, with Miramax being the current dubber of the pokemon movies(not the 30-minute episodes that, currently, CN has the rights to, but the kind that comes out on DVD in the U.S.), is owned by disney as well, and when it comes to the pokemon anime episodes of the 30-minute kind in relation to if they want to pick it up, that's a big question mark, given that Disney probably doesn't want to air the tv series in fear that doing so would be unnecessary money-wise when you've already got a similar show on your tv show division, but who knows?:

The only logical cause at this point for a pokemon network move in the U.S. is CN going under, as without a network, the episodes can't air on tv(but since the event of CN going under is unlikely to happen in only two weeks, my statements from this point on may contain unproved statements that may or not be 100% true, just to warn you now), and since there's no other "likely interested or logical networks" in the states if you don't count the 50/50 toss-up of Disney and/or a MyNetwork TV that may or may not take it for the summer tv season at a time when it must or pokemon anime in the US is finished prematurely(with the chances of them taking it for airing during the fall and spring tv seasons even lower) due to total lack of interest, a move that could mean pokemon anime, at least in its current character cast, is ending soon due to the lack of interested networks that want to pick up the tab if and when CN goes under due to the upcoming weekend specials having lack of viewership...

^ Although it looks like a worst-case scenario for US pokemon viewers, at least Japanese and some international viewers most likely won't have to worry when and if it occurs, as there are stations that don't have a legal US trademark, and will be more than happy to air Pokemon with different main trainers(which I don't want to specify in fear of being modded if I do), and yet not bring the new show's episodes anywhere involving the States due to their "lack of popular demand", although in the US, Pokemon as you know it will be mostly confined to the games and the TCG, and will never be the same as it was back in the '90s

^ Let's hope CN sees the light of day after their latest decision, knowing that no one knows if the events will happen until it happens, but while we wait for the outcome of their decision to give two special movies pokemon's timeslot in the Mountain time zone, it's still something to think about, even if the above scenarios did not occur...

Last edited:

BCVM22

with Miramax being the current dubber of the pokemon movies(not the 30-minute episodes that, currently, CN has the rights to, but the kind that comes out on DVD in the U.S.)

Not accurate. The films are dubbed and produced by DuArt Studios under the indirect supervision of Pokémon USA, just like the series is, and distributed on DVD by Universal. Miramax distributed Movies 4 and 5 in North America, which is why Disney still has North American cable broadcast rights to those films. Disney, neither directly or indirectly, has any claim to any other part of the franchise, anywhere in the world.

And holy effing crap, don't take this the wrong way, but the rest of your post is some sort of doomsday scenario involving a mountain of misconceptions regarding broadcast rights and cable networks, the Mayan apocalypse, tinfoil hats, the Illuminati, the Freemasons and countless other elements that I can't even begin to fathom. I'm not even going to try to take it one point at a time because if you stare into the abyss too long, the abyss stares back, but it's not inaccurate to issue the blanket statement that nothing in the apocalyptic vision of the future you've experienced is in any danger of becoming reality. Nothing. Not a bit of it.

Have you considered writing fiction?

People, they've shifted the time slot of this week's episode. Nothing more. Literally and truly, nothing more. If it's a month from now and Pokémon episodes are still airing in the wee hours of Saturday morning and Cartoon Network still hasn't told anyone, then you can worry a little bit. Until then, don't. Really, don't. The series isn't going anywhere and for the love of all things good and sacred, this head-exploding bit of overreaction--

Although it looks like a worst-case scenario for US pokemon viewers, at least Japanese and some international viewers most likely won't have to worry when and if it occurs, as there are stations that don't have a legal US trademark, and will be more than happy to air Pokemon with different main trainers(which I don't want to specify in fear of being modded if I do), and yet not bring the new show's episodes anywhere involving the States due to their "lack of popular demand", although in the US, Pokemon as you know it will be mostly confined to the games and the TCG, and will never be the same as it was back in the '90s

--is in absolutely no danger of happening.

Last edited:
aww man then is going to air at 6:30.. But at least I got Direct TV so I can watch it at CNw which will start at 9:30 which is a fine time for me

halloweenghost

yup this is it's new time now, pokemon.com says.. now at 7:30 AM eastern.. soiguess it is official this is it'snew time and not some special time.

STICKTOPIA

im not waking up at any 7:30 to watch it. I'll just watch it on youtube. That's too early!!!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
What in the heck? It was bad enough for me to have to get up at 8 every Saturday morning to watch, but now I've got to either get up at 6 on Saturday or 6:30 on Sunday? This stinks!

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
This sucks IMO. That is too early. I will wake up early this Saturday and next Saturday to watch Ash's battle with Paul but after that, idk if I will get up that early to watch some of the pokemon episodes.

Dattebayo

Banned
Okay it's official, Galactic Battle will be airing at 4 AM at my time. I can't wake up that early; I'll be wasting too much of my energy and I'll soon be tired every Saturday. CNw won't help that much because it's not in HD. I am so screwed now.

BCVM22

Okay it's official, Galactic Battle will be airing at 4 AM at my time. I can't wake up that early; I'll be wasting too much of my energy and I'll soon be tired every Saturday.

Sigh.

You have a Pacific Time feed, chucklehead. Use it.

Are they insane?! I'm not getting up at 7 or 7:30 AM for pokemon!

So don't. If anyone at CN starts to cry as a result, I'm sure they'll tell us.

Yeah that is what I am going to start doing more than likely since 7:30 AM is too early. I wish they at least moved it to the evening like some of the other shows.

Why would they move it to the evening?

Dattebayo

Banned
Sigh.

You have a Pacific Time feed, chucklehead. Use it.

But my Direct TV allows me to watch it earilier before 7 AM, which is 4 AM.