• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Another thing I've had a hard time figuring out is how the gift system works - you know, how the three Pokemon who visit your Amie screen give you a present after a while. The first time I ever had Pokemon visit, I had one of the fancy seasonal Poke Puffs out, and got one of those special brown Pokepuffs back. I've tried this again with the same kind of Pokepuff later on, but just kept getting generic things like decorations or lower-grade Pokepuffs. I also haven't seen any difference depending on what grade of Pokepuff I leave out, and I've also been receiving presents when I had no Pokepuffs out.

I found out a way to get fancy Poképuffs as a gift. Beat the Elite Four and the Champoin, and all the gifts you get on that day are brown fancy puffs.

Ive petted alot of crotch areas tbh.

The disturbing thing is that some Pokémon even seem to like it :/

Last edited:

Divine08

Poke Engineer
Today I noticed that after my Salamence (which has high affection) defeated a horde of Zubat, it was able to find a Hard Stone immediately after it fainted the Zubat. I have plenty of other pokes with high affection and I've never seen them find an item before. Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention but this is new to me. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Today I noticed that after my Salamence (which has high affection) defeated a horde of Zubat, it was able to find a Hard Stone immediately after it fainted the Zubat. I have plenty of other pokes with high affection and I've never seen them find an item before. Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention but this is new to me. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Natural_objects

do the benefist from pokemon amie such as removing status conditions have effect in wifi battles?

Rakurai

No.

Amie effects don't work in WiFi battles or any of the battle facilities.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
just saying, this is one of the most broken systems I've ever seen.

but I ****ing love it, its the type of broken that makes me feel satisfied, unlike the exp share.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is there any benefit on maxing out friendship in pkmn amie for the pokemon that aren't named Sylveon? I only used it recently to get a Sylveon and that's about it.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I have a somewhat random question, not directly about the internal Poke-amie, but about the "base" screen that appears on the bottom screen (the one with all the decorations). After syncing with the global link and having a bunch of wi-fi passerbys, random pokemon walk onto my screen. Yes, I know this is useful for things, but is there any way to stop them or turn that off? Even going offline doesn't help.

Also, nel3, yes, there are tons of benefits! Look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I have a somewhat random question, not directly about the internal Poke-amie, but about the "base" screen that appears on the bottom screen (the one with all the decorations). After syncing with the global link and having a bunch of wi-fi passerbys, random pokemon walk onto my screen. Yes, I know this is useful for things, but is there any way to stop them or turn that off? Even going offline doesn't help.

Also, nel3, yes, there are tons of benefits! Look it up on Serebii or Bulbapedia.
Not that I know of.

But why would you want to turn it off? They give you stuff.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
Not that I know of.

But why would you want to turn it off? They give you stuff.

I know they give you stuff and it's cool and all, but it's also kind of distracting and causes my OCD senses to tingle all over the place haha. Trust me, it really is just me, but thank you for the insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.