• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirtle_Master

Leader of the Dark
Have any of you guys tried to play with Gyarados in Pokemon-amie? This thing is freaking terrifying. Eats Poke Puffs in two bites and he angrily stares into your soul.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think you can lower your bond by petting the parts your Pokémon doesn't like to be touched.

And before you say anything, no, rubbing their crotches is fine with them.

Dear god, that is hilarious!!! xD But why would you rub their crotch?... '_'

Anyway Banette is so friggin adorable when you pet him! Afterwards he puts his hands up to his mouth and giggles! :D

Noctali

Umbreon
I use this feature at least twice every time I play a session of the game.
I tend to pet, feed, play a game, pet, feed. I have 2 hearts for all of my main team so far. I guess I'm doing OK with it? I'm not trying to evolve any that need a certain happiness factor at the moment.
And I too never have any luck with that giant yarn ball at the end...oh well.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I don't, but the amount of people (and fanart) who do rub the most intimate parts is completely staggering.

You're probably just going to rub Machoke's head because everywhere else seems a little too off-limit to your morals.

Wow, that is messed up... And yeah be very weird to pet Machoke/Machamp and any other Human Like Pokemon there '_'

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Well that sucks. We're going to try if trading between two players will reset the amie. After that, I'm out of ideas.

I think Slugma is the hardest to raise in amie as it can't ge touched anywhere at all. Are there other mons like that, like this Magma Armor or Flame Body?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Well that sucks. We're going to try if trading between two players will reset the amie. After that, I'm out of ideas.

I think Slugma is the hardest to raise in amie as it can't ge touched anywhere at all. Are there other mons like that, like this Magma Armor or Flame Body?

Does petting its eyes still burn your hands? I haven't tried.
If not, then Slugma is equally the same with the rest of Pokemon in raising affection....

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Nope, even his eyes are blazing hot. I find it pretty funny, actually.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
I'm sad that I can't high five my shiny Psyduck. He's so cute! My friend got him from a trade and then traded him to me. He looks so sad when I try to stroke his three strands of hair.

NeoPhantos

Disparities and menaces in petting
Froslass's Ice Horns cannot be touched, they will freeze you.
Rotom's energy whateveskies cannot be touched, they will shock you.
Slugma's entire body cannot be touched, he will burn you.
Ghost-type pokemon who have amorphous DO NOT have a favorite spot or unfavorite spot to be petted, as such can be touched anywhere for neutral results (Gengar-line). Other Pokémon who have no actual physical form may expect similar results.

Divided the reactions of Pokémon in 3 categories:
-Dislike- Pokémon will get angry and lose affection with you.
-Neutral- Pokémon will like being petted, but lose interest more quickly (can be petted less times if you pet it here).
-Like- Pokémon will love being petted, which allows you to pet it an additional time for benefit (3 additional hearts).
Each category makes a distinct sound, which can be used to easily determine if different Pokémon like different areas of their bodies. Upon testing, it seems Pokémon tend to dislike being touched in protruding places such as feelers, antennas, hair. Bird Pokémon dislike being touched in their legs, but love being touched in their beaks or chests. Defensive Pokémon seem to like being petted in the area of their bodies that might be used to defend (Golett's Elbows, Golem's shell, etc...)

Each time you play a minigame, you will be able to feed your Pokémon 3 Poffins and pet it 3-4 times (depending on the spot petted). If given premier Poffins (gained from Infinite challenges) they gain 5-6 hearts depending if it's their favorite flavor. Each time you participate in a game, you can gain 15-18 hearts by feeding and 9-12 hearts by petting. So you can net 24-30 hearts per minigame.

5 Affection = 250 hearts
The minimum amount of minigames you have to play in one sitting to max affection is 250/25 = 10.
The obtainable hearts can accumulate up to 2 minigames, so if you feed and pet your Pokémon every 2 Infinite games, it only takes 5 rounds of playing minigames to reach max Affection.

The easiest Minigame to SPAM Infinite challenge is the Berry challenge. The other 2 are trickier to get full scores and should be done for fun, not for obtaining Premium Poffins.

NeoPhantos

This is separate because of it's importance. I had Gengar at full Affection last week, but today it died 3 times because of my fault, and his affection was reduced to 4 hearts.

AMIE AFFECTION REDUCES ALONGSIDE REGULAR HAPPINESS!

If you want to reduce Affection:
-Let it faint a lot
-Let it be sick a lot
-Never land a super effective hit (this increase their confidence in you, which is contrary to what you want)
-Always land nor very effective or completely ineffective moves.
-DO NOT USE ITEMS ON IT
-DO NOT PLAY POKEMON AMIE WITH IT FOR A LONG TIME

PS- I hold no responsibility if your Pokémon stops listening to your commands because it hates your guts.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Wow. A maxed-affection Pokemon can lose its paralysis or burns along with increased chances of critical hit and avoiding attacks, and gaining boosted exp during battle.

When avoiding attacks:
<name> read your mind and avoided the attack!

When landing critical hits:
<name> is so in sync with you that it landed a critical hit!

When losing its paralysis:
<name> gathered all its strength and broke free from its paralysis so <trainer> wouldn't worry!

When losing a burn:
<name> blew on its burn and cooled it so <trainer> wouldn't worry!

I'm sure there's one for poison and maybe sleep, but I haven't seen it happen yet. Might also make confused pokemon snap out of confusion earlier.

Also some amusing lines at full hearts when the pokemon is awaiting command in battle:
<name> is interested in the contents of <trainer>'s bag...
<name> looked back at <trainer> and nodded in understanding
<name> is bursting with excitement for the battle!
<name> and <trainer> are in perfect sync with one another!

Between 2-4 hearts:
<name> seems a bit out of it...
<name> seems a little uneasy...

Rakurai

I find it amusing that any Pokemon with a harmful spot on their body will emit a question mark if you keep touching that spot repeatedly and getting burned/frozen/shocked/poked, as if wondering if you're some kind of a masochist.

Status
Not open for further replies.