• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Haha I gave up on the face thing, it never recognised my 'wide smiles' and winking :/

NeoPhantos

Discovered the hardest Pokémon to maximize Affection:

SHEDINJA CANNOT EAT!

You can ONLY raise affection through petting, which means 9 hearts MAX every 2 games. Reaching 250 hearts for max affection is HARD!

Slugma can at least EAT even if you can't PET IT!!!!

Rakurai

I was initially under the impression some Pokemon were too serious or stoic to ever smile, as I couldn't get such a response from them by feeding or petting them.

However, even ones like Garchomp and Haxorus can smile if you play the face imitating game with them, which is rather amusing.

Yveltal is one of the few who won't smile under any circumstances ever, though. I guess showing emotion is above a Pokemon of its stature.

NeoPhantos

I was initially under the impression some Pokemon were too serious or stoic to ever smile, as I couldn't get such a response from them by feeding or petting them.

However, even ones like Garchomp and Haxorus can smile if you play the face imitating game with them, which is rather amusing.

Yveltal is one of the few who won't smile under any circumstances ever, though. I guess showing emotion is above a Pokemon of its stature.

Face imitating game? I've not heard of this minigame... How is it accessed???

Rakurai

Just hold the 3DS still in front of your face until that little icon appears in the lower left corner.

After that, you'll notice that if you tilt your head, close your eyes, or open your mouth, your Pokemon will imitate you. If you do this long enough, the game will ask you make a series of specific expressions which will give your Pokemon a large amount of affection and playfulness if you succeed. Failure to make the expression in time will simply end the game with your Pokemon giving you a sad or disappointed look (Which is another expression most Pokemon won't make under any other circumstances).

The camera's detection is rather dodgy, so you might have to change the angle you're holding it multiple times at in order to get the expressions you make to be detected properly.

NeoPhantos

Well this might just be what I need to raise Shedinja's affection! Thanks

Ugh! This is hard... It just won't detect my winks or smiles...

Last edited:

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I just got an incredible streak in the head-it minigame(130 hit combo! :O) and earned two Supreme PokePuffs!

I also found out if passerby pokemon really like what you leave, you can get Supremes from them as well! I'm learning something new every day, hah!

Rakurai

It should be noted that immediately after you become the champion, the next few groups of vistors will leave behind a Supreme Honor Pokepuff.

I've never gotten Supreme Poke Puffs on any other occasion.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Ah, that explains alot, I'd figured it was merely a rare occasion. It seems that even others' pokemon are grateful for what you pull off!

Sara Hysaro

My diligence has been rewarded - I am almost good enough to 5 star Head It 100% of the time! Hopefully I'll reach this goal soon, so that I may work on mastering the final game. That one's gonna be a doozy, I'll bet. Still, gotta get those Winter Puffs somehow.

Kitsuneko

I think I do a bit better on the puzzle slider than the other mini games. Amie is a cute and fun feature, especially playing with the little ones like Eevee and Fennekin, they can hi-five you when you hover the cursor around long enough. While I guess others beyond that will just stare at the cursor. You'd think some of the legendaries would intimidate you or chew your arm off trying to feed it?
Speaking of Yveltal. Also note that this incarnation of death and destruction got teary-eyed when speaking to one of the NPCs...
h6FCBC881

Rakurai

Somehow, Yveltal's lack of emotion manages to make it just as amusing to me as the Pokemon that do display emotion. Mostly in regards to its "smile" and utter lack of concern about you not trying imitate the faces it's making.

On a related note, I'm kind of surprised that Goodra isn't more animated then it is. Despite being a Dragon type that's specifically noted as being extremely friendly, it lacks any sort of happy idle animation and won't give you a high-five, either; instead just looking at the cursor with an astonished expression. Yet Hydreigon, the dragon that's described as being a vicious beast that attacks everything in sight, has an adorable idle animation and is willing to give you a "high five" (In the form of a headbutt, since it apparently doesn't view its other heads as hands).

Last edited:

dacrag

Something kind of funny I noticed ..
If you have Pokemon Amie open on the touch screen while you're playing the main game, and you start skating or riding your bicycle, your Pokemon will slam into the edges of the ball. However, when you start walking, it jumps around asking for treats or wanting to play a game!

Keadin

Wow, that is messed up... And yeah be very weird to pet Machoke/Machamp and any other Human Like Pokemon there '_'

I was planning on responding to this with a piece of fanart someone linked to me a while ago, but I'm pretty sure that would get me perma-banned, so alas xD

In other news, I've started a new game on Pokémon X with a team I bred on Y, and I decided to really invest in pokémon-amie this time. It's been worth it, way more so than I thought it would be. The battle performance is improved noticeably, but more than anything I actually care about my pokémon now. I used to just work them to the point of figurative death, but now I really don't want them to faint anymore and am much more considerate in my strategies. Damn you, Game Freak! :p

Feebie

Feeble Fish
A word of advice for anyone training a Pokemon that they plan on putting in the GTS later: DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. I repeat; DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. You'll grow too attached and won't be able to let them go. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. I got a Fennekin through Wonder Trade awhile ago, but since I already had one, I didn't really want to keep it. So I figured "Meh, I'll at least evolve it into Delphox before I try to get rid of it. Maybe I'll be able to get a better trade that way", so to help with exp and such (and out of curiosity as to what the Fennekin line looked like in Amie), I started playing with him and feeding him. By the time he was fully evolved, I was too attached and didn't want to give him away, even though I had no plans on using him for anything. So now he's just taking up space in my PC. :I Sigh.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
A word of advice for anyone training a Pokemon that they plan on putting in the GTS later: DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. I repeat; DO NOT PUT THEM IN AMIE. You'll grow too attached and won't be able to let them go. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience. I got a Fennekin through Wonder Trade awhile ago, but since I already had one, I didn't really want to keep it. So I figured "Meh, I'll at least evolve it into Delphox before I try to get rid of it. Maybe I'll be able to get a better trade that way", so to help with exp and such (and out of curiosity as to what the Fennekin line looked like in Amie), I started playing with him and feeding him. By the time he was fully evolved, I was too attached and didn't want to give him away, even though I had no plans on using him for anything. So now he's just taking up space in my PC. :I Sigh.

...Unless Pokémon were real or said Pokémon was trained to perfection, I see no reason why not to trade them away.

Kitsuneko

I'm like that too sometimes. Even though they aren't real, it's just you don't want to get rid of something that you spent time and effort into taking care of only to trade it away. It sounds odd and sappy, but it likes and trusts you playing it through amie. For the same reason, I wouldn't trade away the random team I made for in-game/story purposes. There's just something about them that made them feel irreplaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.