• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deraj

Frigid Trainer
I wonder if petting certain Ice types would make you freeze up or something. ;o

You can't pet Abomasnow's head, or else your hand freezes.
(Had a much longer post, but since I'm a new member, it's denying SOMETHING in there. I don't know what.)

Edit - Apparently it was a single emoticon I had.

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
One thing I feel Nintendo screwed up was the Pokemon Amie battle effects don't happen in Wi-Fi matches. (From what I've seen so far it looks like that, anyway!) Thus, people who steam-roll through the game, who don't have close affection with their Pokemon or who are obsessed with perfect EVs and IVs can still have an advantage. Whereas if the Pokemon Amie battle effects took place in outside matches, then those who actually 'took care' of their Pokemon would come out on top instead. That was one of the things I was most pleased about and hoped would happen. So people just don't bother 'playing' with their Pokemon or raising it's closeness because they see it as it makes no difference in online battling. Which is a shame for people like me who really get into 'raising' Pokemon and treating them like friends/pets! For once, I thought REAL Pokemon Trainers would be rewarded. ;)

I think they did it because it would make the battles even more luck-based, even if both trainers had maxed out affection in Amie.

The other day, I was battling the Elite Four and my Aegislash endured two Earthquakes in a row and then retaliated with a critical hit that instantly KOed the Gyarados. All I could think of was "wow, it must be insanely frustrating to be on the other side of this battle".

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
With aurorous you can pet the sails but not everything else.

Anyway I am loving amie, I just got a new shiny from Friend safari (and three prevous ones in the past two days) I can't wait to max their affection in amie)

Rio!

Composer
You can't pet Abomasnow's head, or else your hand freezes.
(Had a much longer post, but since I'm a new member, it's denying SOMETHING in there. I don't know what.)

Edit - Apparently it was a single emoticon I had.

Ooh wow, awesome! Not so awesome if you get freezer burn I guess. ;o
I wonder if Kyurem will have that problem, lul.

Regality

Digital King
I have not used PokemonAmie that much, and did not use it at all during the storyline...
Once I put a proper team together I will probably get their affection to max.

(Does the affection go down over time?)

Rakurai

I'm trying to determine whether it's the species of Pokemon, type of Pokemon, or something else the effects what kinds of decorations you get from gifts and from playing with your Pokemon, as I've noticed I tend to get the same few things from using a particular Pokemon.

I also noticed that Hydreigon is unique in another way from most Pokemon in that if it ever has its back turned to you, it looks over its shoulder at you in response to you poking it to get its attention, which is a nice touch I haven't noticed in any of the other species I've played with so far.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Anybody else played with treveant yet? Its so adorable! It closes its eye and waves his arms. My haunted tree loves me!

I love how you can pet avalugg's front just fine, but the top'll freeze ya.

Kitsuneko

Joltik is pretty adorable in Amie. I think it's the only bug/spider in existence that I wouldn't mind interacting with.
It won't high five you, but it looks so innocent when staring at the cursor. It's tiny and jumps around when it's happy.
Galvatula is pretty cool too.

Togepi can spin around and high five you as well.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Joltik is pretty adorable in Amie. I think it's the only bug/spider in existence that I wouldn't mind interacting with.
It won't high five you, but it looks so innocent when staring at the cursor. It's tiny and jumps around when it's happy.
Galvatula is pretty cool too.

Togepi can spin around and high five you as well.

Aww. I can't wait to see that!

Khaoscontrol

Obsessor Collector
I like the idea of Pokemon-Amie, but it's rather limited. It'd also be nice to have a variation of awards for the minigames aside from... the new poffins, whatever they were called.

Swagmander

Quick question: is there a Trainer-Card ranking that is unlocked in Aime?

fitzy909

Just another guy
Quick question: is there a Trainer-Card ranking that is unlocked in Aime?

as far as I am aware there isn't. i also think that the rewards for the games should be more than those food items. i would like heart scales or something similar.

CuteSylveon

I love Pokemon Amie! It kind of makes you feel closer to your Pokemon and it helps in battle too the higher amount of affection hearts your Pokemon have, not to mention some Pokemon are uber adorable in there :3

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I have discovered for myself the quickest way to get those hearts to fill up fast.

I have realize i am really good at berry picker, so I play unlimited all the time. My record is 137 berries so i try to get over 100 berries to get the two special pokepuffs. The pokemon's fullness goes down so quick from playing one game so fast. So the more i play the more i feed them the best pokepuffs and they get many hearts.

Also pet them before u play again. Keep petting them till u see a music note instead of hearts. Then go play again but make sure u feed them more too. I find this to be more quicker.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I have discovered for myself the quickest way to get those hearts to fill up fast.

I have realize i am really good at berry picker, so I play unlimited all the time. My record is 137 berries so i try to get over 100 berries to get the two special pokepuffs. The pokemon's fullness goes down so quick from playing one game so fast. So the more i play the more i feed them the best pokepuffs and they get many hearts.

Also pet them before u play again. Keep petting them till u see a music note instead of hearts. Then go play again but make sure u feed them more too. I find this to be more quicker.

This is what I do as well, although I suck at Berry Picker and master the Head one instead.

But yeah, feed (best Puffs recommended for quicker affection raise) until they're full, pet until a note appears, then play. Repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.