• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigiis

Luck of Penguins
What disappoint me is that the 3ds can't recognize your face in Pokémon-Aime well. (I completed the face thing only one time and it gave me loads of hearts and music notes)

Wwlink55

I am a bit annoyed with this...

Poke-Amie is fun and all, but there's no easy way to get rid of poke puffs. I have so many normal ones that I can't get rid of I can't get any more from games, and if I throw them, the pokemon gets ticked.

Rakurai

Your Pokemon getting mad at you doesn't seem to have any negative effect on them.

Even if it does, they won't get mad if you drop Poke Puffs on the ground while they're full.

Aerius_Sygale

Crimson Wolf
Can't be arsed to read through every single post to see if it has been said already or not, but did you guys know that if you go to "Play" when the Pokémon's Fullness and Enjoyment are both 4 or higher, that it will be sleeping soundly until you wake it up yourself? Some of them are pretty adorable, especially quadrupeds. x3

Edit: No need to be dodgy just because I don't have a huge post count, I'm still a fellow huge Pokémon fan. ^^'

Last edited:

Mi-tan

I feel obligated to mention that I've had a ton of fun playing with my Charizard - it took very little time to get its Affection maxed out, maybe since I started playing with it when it was a Charmeleon. I especially love when it peeks into the camera when you first begin playing with it. Should probably take some time to play with a few of my other Pokemon, but most of them can't measure up to Charizard in terms of cuteness. (Plus Greninja is, uh...kind of scary.)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I had trouble with the face recognition too at first, but if I go into the bathroom (the only room in my house with moderately bright lighting), I have much less of an issue. Usually the worst parts are the open-mouthed ones - I have to tilt my head around a bit before it recognizes that my mouth is really open, and it's even more difficult when I have to tilt my head to the left or right. Winking is also a little touchy, but otherwise the other expressions usually work fine when I'm in the bright lighting.

Hazmiter

Stupid question, but my curiosity was peaked last night.
I had no exp buff on, and the pokemon i was using was one i had origionally caught and trained myself.
Its got 3 hearts of affection, and no lucky egg equipped.. (The fairy eevee btw)

When i put it into battle and then switch it out for a different pokemon, it gains boosted exp!!!!!
Is this part of pokemon amie, or some little trick we all missed???

Rakurai

It's been known for a long time that a Pokemon with enough affection gets an approximately 20% boost in EXP gain.

Hazmiter

Well its the first ive seen of it :) and its the only pokemon i have with that lv of affection :)
So yes i missed that, but thankyou for that as it will help with training my new team :)

Rio!

Composer
I feel obligated to mention that I've had a ton of fun playing with my Charizard - it took very little time to get its Affection maxed out, maybe since I started playing with it when it was a Charmeleon. I especially love when it peeks into the camera when you first begin playing with it. Should probably take some time to play with a few of my other Pokemon, but most of them can't measure up to Charizard in terms of cuteness. (Plus Greninja is, uh...kind of scary.)

Oh, and for what it's worth, I had trouble with the face recognition too at first, but if I go into the bathroom (the only room in my house with moderately bright lighting), I have much less of an issue. Usually the worst parts are the open-mouthed ones - I have to tilt my head around a bit before it recognizes that my mouth is really open, and it's even more difficult when I have to tilt my head to the left or right. Winking is also a little touchy, but otherwise the other expressions usually work fine when I'm in the bright lighting.

Do you have a specific way or suggestion you have when going about the winking/widened eyes bit? I always almost get through the mini-game...until one of these show up. XD

I found 15 supreme honor poke puffs in 3 minutes. Hopefully my Sylveon feels special.

Mi-tan

Do you have a specific way or suggestion you have when going about the winking/widened eyes bit? I always almost get through the mini-game...until one of these show up. XD

For winking, it's mostly a matter of trial and error (I'm still not sure exactly what I do right/wrong most of the time). I try to scrunch up my eye as much as possible when it's closed, and if it's not recognized, I keep doing the same action until it's finally acknowledged. Sometimes I have to vary my expression - straighten out my mouth or even kind of smile. For widened eyes, I'm not really sure. I've personally never had much of a problem with that one, but it might be because my eyes naturally look kind of wide anyway. Maybe tilting your head slightly up or down would help? At times I have to adjust my head position even when the head icon is at the bottom left of the screen, and other times the icon vanishes when I move my head even slightly. I do hope I helped a bit!

Oh and also, I noticed the boosted EXP too but didn't think to ask...I almost wondered if it was because I got Charizard from Sycamore or something, but then it started surviving powerful moves and waiting for my instructions and I figured it was probably because of Amie. xD

Rio!

Composer
For winking, it's mostly a matter of trial and error (I'm still not sure exactly what I do right/wrong most of the time). I try to scrunch up my eye as much as possible when it's closed, and if it's not recognized, I keep doing the same action until it's finally acknowledged. Sometimes I have to vary my expression - straighten out my mouth or even kind of smile. For widened eyes, I'm not really sure. I've personally never had much of a problem with that one, but it might be because my eyes naturally look kind of wide anyway. Maybe tilting your head slightly up or down would help? At times I have to adjust my head position even when the head icon is at the bottom left of the screen, and other times the icon vanishes when I move my head even slightly. I do hope I helped a bit!

Oh and also, I noticed the boosted EXP too but didn't think to ask...I almost wondered if it was because I got Charizard from Sycamore or something, but then it started surviving powerful moves and waiting for my instructions and I figured it was probably because of Amie. xD

Thanks! I might have to try the head-tilting action. I have yet to complete a round since one of these actions keep showing up, and I can't quite do anything for it. XD

Hazmiter

Ive noticed that too, its like after reaching a certain point they recieve a passive buff.
The damage they deal is boosted by a small bit too

Shiny Budew

Ive noticed that too, its like after reaching a certain point they recieve a passive buff.
The damage they deal is boosted by a small bit too
I've also noticed that sometimes:
--they will get a critical hit
--they will dodge an attack
--they will recover from a status problem ("Froakie didn't want to worry Andrea, so it fought off the paralysis" or something like that)

You can tell when it's due to Amie because a little heart will float above their head when it happens.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
They heal themselves through SHEER LOVE AND WILLPOWER. THAT IS EPIC!

Aerius_Sygale

Crimson Wolf
Is it just me, or are some of the areas they like to get rubbed a bit...awkward? Huh, and gamers call -Khajiit- unpredictable... xD To say something more useful, while petting raises affection, it ironically will lower their current "Enjoyment" level. :p

Rakurai

They did mention in a developer interview that they thought it would be boring if all of the Pokemon had predictable reactions to being touched in certain places.

Things like Hydreigon liking to be pet on its center head and Flygon getting ticked off if you touch its eye shields were predictable to me.

Noibat/Noivern getting upset if you touch their face or mane and Gabite/Garchomp liking their claws touched, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.