• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm a little disappointed by the fact that a lot of Pokemon can't even do a proper head tilt, and they just kind of look to the side instead.

Well, at least they're trying, right? On that note, Swablu's head tilting is adorable. Might be because of the shiny coloring, but the little cotton bird is so cute.

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
I'm a little dissapointed that Happiness and Affection are completely different things. You would think that by maxing your Pokemon's affection that you would be able to evolve Pokemon that require happiness. Evidently, not the case.

Rio!

Composer
I'm a little disappointed by the fact that a lot of Pokemon can't even do a proper head tilt, and they just kind of look to the side instead.

It seems like all of the Pokemon that are willing to high-five can do it properly, though. I couldn't help but laugh the first time I made Hydreigon do it, because it immediately brought to mind a certain amusing scene from PMD: Gates to Infinity.

Hydreigon is something else, aww. I felt bad though i was unable to complete its facial mini-game. She looked so sad. :c

I don't know if it's just the shape of Aggron's mouth *partly* but he always appears to be grinning.
I was kind of surprised by the fact he appears to like his horns being petted. ;o

Mi-tan

The other night I played with some more Pokemon from my boxes (let's see if I can remember which ones I tried xD).

Scyther was interesting because it seemed to like its scythes being pet. I don't have any idea how I didn't cut my hands off doing it, though. It actually looked a lot less scary than I'd have expected, too - more serious and stately than anything else.
Psyduck was...meh. Its happy animation ends in it leaning to one side and putting both hands to its head anime-style, but it wasn't too interesting to play with all in all. (Note that I just pet and fed these Pokemon and didn't do the face game with them.) It seemed sad when I tried petting the little black hairs on its head.
Electrike really disliked me petting its muzzle, glaring at me right away. To be honest it was kind of frightening. Otherwise it acted very similar to Eevee, jumping around happily when it was fed Pokepuffs.
Mienfoo, as far as I recall, gave me a death glare as soon as I touched its hands. (I might be confusing it with another Pokemon though.) It was quite cute otherwise, but its main pose seems odd, kind of like the stereotypical zombie pose. I wish the poor thing could hold its arms by its sides. xD
Bidoof was actually really adorable. It made the cutest sound when happy after getting a Pokepuff or whatever. It also didn't like me touching its teeth and gave me a really sad look about it.
That Swirlix thing was kind of weird, though its happy animation involves it jumping in the air and floating a bit on the way down, which was cute. Kadabra was rather meh as well, but I can't recall any details there.
I'll be honest and say that I never liked Foongus, but when I played with it, I was pretty impressed. xD It seemed really thrilled about it all and it took ten bites to eat a Pokepuff, which made me feed it twice just to count and admire the cuteness.
Pidgey unnerved me a bit, because it seemed to like generally all my petting, but at one point apparently got mad about something and fluttered its wings at me. I didn't do too much with it after that. xD
Vulpix was quite cute, and only liked the lower part of its tails being pet, not the ends. It really does have the prettiest eyes....
Naturally Espurr didn't make any expression until I pet something it didn't like. Cute, but at the same time, kinda weird.
Inkay was happy and liked having its little head-thing-with-the-glowing-lights petted. It didn't like that white "crown" part being pet though.

And yeah, I think that's about it. My favorite was probably Bidoof, surprisingly enough. Nobody's cuter than my Charizard staring solemnly at me upside-down, though :D

TrainerMaria

Fire Trainer
I was raising some new Pokemon and exploring some areas that I had missed before and while battling a trainer my Pokemon defeated their Pokemon and a giant hand came down and patted my Pokemon's head and some hearts appeared like with Amie. At first I was going to ask about it but after checking the Amie page it said that you can pet your Pokemon after they defeat an opponent so I guess that's what happened? I must have accidentally pressed the touch screen but the funny thing is her affection isn't maxed out. Either way that's a really cool feature that I never noticed before.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
How does Aegislash eat without a mouth? It just... Absorbs the puffs into its shield.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
On that note, does it or its related forms even NEED to eat stuff?? Its a sentient sword! maybe they are soul-flavored...

Last edited:

Rakurai

I find it odd that only the middle stages of the various early route Bug types and Shedinja are incapable of eating.

I would've expected Pokemon like Magnemite, Golett, and Honedge to be the same.

Hydreigon is something else, aww. I felt bad though i was unable to complete its facial mini-game. She looked so sad. :c

If there's one thing I like about Hydreigon, it's how expressive it is compared to a lot of other Pokemon.

It really looks like it could use a hug when it makes a sad face...

Last edited:

flamewarflipsides

Trevor Wannabe
Weeks after discovering the fact, I am still laughing about the fact that Mewtwo likes tummy rubs.

He's a total troll, though. I don't know if the problem is my squinty face not picking up properly in the camera, but he does horrible things to me with the face game. Like, He'll blink repeatedly, so I can't see if he's blinking. OR tell me to open my eyes really wide. My eyes don't open really wide, forget you, genetics! I have like, Brock face. It goes much better if I Amie with other Pokemon; it's like he's hardwired to be a jerk to me. Still loves me, though.

Being told that Mewtwo looks like he's going to cry is hilarious, too.

I've also noticed that my greninja does NOT like having his hands touched.

Pokemon-amie. Fun times.

Rakurai

I find it odd that they chose to discriminate even further amongst the Pokemon who can do a high five by giving only some of them a special sleeping animation or an animation for when you get their attention while they're turned away.

Examples of the former that I'm aware of are the Kalos starters and the Growlithe line, while as for the latter, Hydreigon is the only one I've noticed.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I know Axew also does a special animation for when it's turned away, at this point I'd guess that all of the base form Starters and popular base form Pokémon like Meowth will have it.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Darn. It looks like maxing out a Pokémon's affection in Amie isn't the same as maxing out the bond with you and your Pokémon. Tried to teach Noivern Draco Meteor, but the guy said our bond wasn't strong enough. Had to go massage Noivern and give her a soothe bell and use a few Befriending Powers before I could finally teach her Draco Meteor

Leo1987

Please help. I have no idea how to wake up my beldam. He sleeps and then goes straight back into his pokeball. It's driving me mad!

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Please help. I have no idea how to wake up my beldam. He sleeps and then goes straight back into his pokeball. It's driving me mad!

There are two things you can do. One: If its fainted, heal it. Two: tap it with your stylus a few times.

Rakurai

Just poke it to wake it up.

It'll stop dozing off after you do so a couple of times.

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
Lol, my Salamence is a sleepy little guy, twice now I've seen him snoozing when opening up Amie, and then twice he tried going back to sleep when I was playing with him! How rude! >:T

YonaNoveau

I remember I first used the Pokemon Amie on my Kirlia. The way she danced around smiling when she was happy was adorable.

Vasarto

is there any real use for pokemon amie other than sylveon?

Status
Not open for further replies.