• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon-amie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keysmash

buys meat
I've heard from virtually everyone that the face detection feature is really bad, so I'm not counting on it to earn my Pokemon's affection. Excessive touching is somehow more effecive...

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine
The face detection is so bad I never even used it. I have multiple Pokemon (more than 10) with maxed happiness, I never used it.

Dragonair7

Feelin' the heat?
Nope. The cutest pokemon in Amie is Servine.
She is so absolutely perfect. I died. Just so you know, this is a ghost.
She runs in this little circle when she is happy, and gives you the most soul-crushing, disdainful look if you make her mad. Also, when the screen first loads and her idle animation is her doing this little tail wiggle. Ahhh!!! Too much adorableness!!!!!!
I just wish you could give every pokemon a high-five! Why not GF?!

Edit: Samurott is also really cute. He gives you this glare when you pet the spot he doesn't like that gets his message across pretty quick. Instead of looking sad, he looks like he is deciding how he wants to kill you.

Last edited:

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Nope. The cutest pokemon in Amie is Servine.
She is so absolutely perfect. I died. Just so you know, this is a ghost.
She runs in this little circle when she is happy, and gives you the most soul-crushing, disdainful look if you make her mad. Also, when the screen first loads and her idle animation is her doing this little tail wiggle. Ahhh!!! Too much adorableness!!!!!!

I haven't tried the Snivy line yet, but it's one of my favourite starter lines ever. If it's as cute as you claim it is, I might get to train one next. Man, I'm such a sucker for cute things. :(

gliscor&yanmega

I have every intention getting every Pokemon(With the possible exception of event-only Legendary Pokemon since I never got any before and right now there is none for me to get) and using Pokemon Amie on them. I did Pokemon Amie with all the non-event Legendary Pokemon(Except for Articuno and Zapdos which I have to get around to getting), there's just something about petting and feeding and annoying a Legendary Pokemon that is very entertaining to me.

I feel bad for a few who you can't even touch(Slugma, Regice). There's plenty who can't be touched in certain spots but can still be touched in other spots but the few who can't be touched at all...it's just sad...at least they can eat still...not sure how Regice eats though...or any of the other Pokemon with no visible mouth.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I have every intention getting every Pokemon(With the possible exception of event-only Legendary Pokemon since I never got any before and right now there is none for me to get) and using Pokemon Amie on them. I did Pokemon Amie with all the non-event Legendary Pokemon(Except for Articuno and Zapdos which I have to get around to getting), there's just something about petting and feeding and annoying a Legendary Pokemon that is very entertaining to me.

I feel bad for a few who you can't even touch(Slugma, Regice). There's plenty who can't be touched in certain spots but can still be touched in other spots but the few who can't be touched at all...it's just sad...at least they can eat still...not sure how Regice eats though...or any of the other Pokemon with no visible mouth.

I believe you can touch Regice on it's yellow dot pattern.
But poor Slugma though ;;
Perhaps the just absorb it into their bodies or something. Or something.

gliscor&yanmega

I believe you can touch Regice on it's yellow dot pattern.
But poor Slugma though ;;
Perhaps the just absorb it into their bodies or something. Or something.

I tried before but it still just froze the hand. It's difficult to tell where the other Regis don't like being touched either since I didn't notice any signs of displeasure from them until they threaten me(I think one of the Yellow spots is a no-no for Regirock).

EXGShadow

Poison fan
Does anyone know for sure how many decor pieces are there??
I found what I believe to be all of them, in the 5 categories - Wallpaper, Cushion 1, Cushion 2, Object 1 and Object 2

One for each of the 18 pokemon types (Except for cushions, there are 2 for each type in Cushion 1 and 2 in Cushion 2 groups)
Pink, Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, Brown, Yellow, White, Black;
Pink cloud, Blue cloud, Orange cloud;
Polkadot, Punk and Chic (Chairs and beds included).

So, can anyone confirm this is all?

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Does anyone know for sure how many decor pieces are there??
I found what I believe to be all of them, in the 5 categories - Wallpaper, Cushion 1, Cushion 2, Object 1 and Object 2

One for each of the 18 pokemon types (Except for cushions, there are 2 for each type in Cushion 1 and 2 in Cushion 2 groups)
Pink, Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, Brown, Yellow, White, Black;
Pink cloud, Blue cloud, Orange cloud;
Polkadot, Punk and Chic (Chairs and beds included).

So, can anyone confirm this is all?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemonamiedecorations.shtml

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Does Decor and Wallpaper serve for any purpose other than to look at?

So that it looks cute for you. Far as I know, it has no purpose since other players can't see it anyways.
Sometimes it's really annoying since you can't click your pokemon when you need to (if you've played them in really awkward places)

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Yeah, I've found all of those, and a couple more.
Just want to know if anyone has any other than these.. maybe looking into the ROM dump.

Don't think so.

I hope in the next game, instead of the constant grass/clouds, the background is where you are-desert, city, etc.

SoulSilver Eric

Just wanted to say how much I love it when Tyrantrum bows at like the end of a battle or when you capture a pokemon when you have full affection for it. Its like he's bowing his head in agreement - he did it when I captured a Moltres in a Duskball.

Keysmash

buys meat
I've noticed that when I have the bottom screen on PokeAmie when I'm in the overworld, and I take steps, the Pokemon sometimes cries for food or play, which makes sense. When I'm on rollerskates though, they roll all around the screen and seem to shake. Does this affect them negatively in any way? I've become too attached to see my poor Pokemon crash into the walls every time I make a sharp turn. D:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I actually neglected the Pokemon-Amie feature until recently since I was more interested in training and battling. I love interacting with my Pokemon using Amie though and the mini-games are cool; I especially like the Berry Picker game.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
There are some pokemon who look too darn cute in Amie, Milotic for example, everytime I pet it or feed it a pokepuff, I just go "daawww".

Status
Not open for further replies.